New feature at Hex PvP Tools: Automatic tracking of your Limited gauntlet record

• New feature at Hex PvP Tools: Automatic tracking of your Limited gauntlet record

Did you ever look at the Limited history page on Hex PvP Tools and thought to yourself "So many gauntlet runs, how am I ever going to find mine?". Well now you can!

Today, I introduce the latest feature of Hex PvP Tools: automated recording of your personal Limited history. With a simple one-time configuration of the client API, you will be able to keep track of all your gauntlet runs, with decklist, record and matchups, all at your fingertips.

How it works

By configuring your client API to send a message to Hex PvP Tools whenever you save a deck, the server is able to see your decklist. Then, when a gauntlet finishes and goes through the usual number crunching process, the site will compare the decklist that you provided earlier with any deck that it comes across, and when it finds the one that matches, it links it to your account.

How to use it

5 simple steps
      1. Create an account on Hex PvP Tools (or login if you already have one)
      2. Find your api.ini file and add the appropriate line of text (instructions here, make sure you enable “Limited history tracking”)
      3. Restart your Hex client
      4. Enter a gauntlet, either draft, sealed or evo sealed, and finish it (it doesn’t work if you forfeit)
      5. Look at your personal history here. You might need to wait up to 5 minutes after finishing the gauntlet for the results to show.
      And that's it. As long as you keep the api.ini configuration, all your gauntlets will be tracked and your personal history page will be updated automatically without you having to think about it.

Have fun and keep on Hexing!

Update: In addition to the list of runs and their individual results, the page now also tracks cumulative stats for different time period and each format.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Fred ().

• Gregangel wrote:

Really awesome! Thank
      Can we expect a number of total wisn and loses and a win rate to be added later for each format?
      I will probably add that at some point, but I will want it to be filterable by time period so you can see, as an example, your record since the start of the ladder season, or since the start of the latest set, etc.
    • Fred wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

@Fred
      Something weird is happening. I have some records in my match history which do not belong to me. And some others missing
      Missing runs are possible. The Hex server had issues yesterday and about 6 hours worth of data was lost.
      Can you point me to the runs that don't belong to you? I'll investigate.
      Here a screenshot. In red/pink the draft ans evo which do not belong to me.

In may I did 4 evo runs:

- May 9 : 5-2 (OK)
      - May 10 : 2-3 (but the 2-3 recorded is not mine)
      - May 11 : 5-2
      - May 12 : 5-2 (OK but one of the 5-2 is not mine)

And only 1 draft
      - May 10 : 1-2
    • I have only had time to investigate one of them so far: hexpvptools.net/gauntlet/run/10069520442904997556 (the second evo sealed from the bottom, May 10th at 20:02:40 with a record of 5-2).

I think I understand what happened here. My algorithm got confused with the two opponents in the match. For that run, you were actually the opponent of round 3, so the site mistakenly associated your account to that gauntlet run, even though you were not the main player of the run, but rather one of the opponent. I will need to understand what happened, but in the meantime, I removed from your (and everyone's) account the situations where this happened. Thank you for pointing it out.
    • Gregangel wrote:

Really awesome! Thank
      Can we expect a number of total wisn and loses and a win rate to be added later for each format?

If you have configured your Hex client to record your limited gauntlets history since that feature has been introduced a couple of weeks ago, you can now see your cumulative limited record for each limited format. Records are kept for 4 different periods: last 7 days, last 30 days, since the beginning of the ladder season, and all time.

To start tracking your record, you need to configure the client API as explained here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fred ().

• Expanding on Balthuzad's post, the overall stats of 6-6-5 post-champion nerf, not just our own individual stats is something I would be curious about as well. So in archetype performance, perhaps you can create a new break there for 6-6-5 v2 which would track only the matches after the nerfs so we can see how that has impacted the meta.

The balance changes affecting limited are infrequent enough that it shouldn't segment the archetype history too much, likely no more than the flashback formats did.

This new tracker is amazing, keep up the great work!
    • Darkwonders wrote:

When you connect your account, does capitalization count for your hex name?

I'm not seeing any of my results, and I'm curious if it's cause of that.
      Capitalization used to matter until I changed that recently (around June 4th IIRC), after discovering that most users somehow use different capitalization on HexPvPTools than in the game.

If you've played after June 4th and it's still not showing up, send me a private message with some additional details (when did you finish the run and the content of your api.ini) and I'll see if I can figure out what's happening (although Frostheart will keep me busy for the next couple of days).
    • There is no reason for one site to prevent another one from working, especially if the cards are syncing fine. I once thought I had a similar problem too, but it turned out the date range (top right of the "My Decks" page) was misconfigured and only showing a range in which I had no decks. Maybe look at that.
    • Fred wrote:

There is no reason for one site to prevent another one from working, especially if the cards are syncing fine. I once thought I had a similar problem too, but it turned out the date range (top right of the "My Decks" page) was misconfigured and only showing a range in which I had no decks. Maybe look at that.
      Yup. That's the issue. The date configuration doesn't work properly. Once I re-enter the date range, all the decks show back up.

Thanks for checking back :)
      There was a signature here. It's gone now.