Hexploration - Monk Moon

• Another awesome Winter Moon deck. Thanks Ali!
      But I would like to mention @Limestone here since I played against his version of the Monk deck several weeks ago and he beat me by milling me.
      After that I threw together my version of this Monk combo but it proved not quite viable on the ladder due to too much quick removal cards...
      Oh and on top of all that fun it's interesting to note that Ali's brew is (relatively) easy to obtain.
    • Yes, I've played against different iterations and have been playing this and tuning it for awhile now. Articles usually go up a week after they're submitted too. I'm not sure who had a list first but I think I've seen his around. Limestone wins with Lunacy I believe?

Regardless, I'm happy to see people trying to new things, especially if it involves WinterMoon! Thank you @Gwaelan for the positive comment. Really glad you enjoyed the article!
    • Lunacy it is, yes.

One question though: Have you experimented with Young Seer? Maybe adding one in the deck so it hits always the right troop?
      And what about adding Psychic Ascension to the Sideboard for mirror decks / other control decks?
      -- edit: okay, that were two questions --
    • Gwaelan wrote:

Lunacy it is, yes.

One question though: Have you experimented with Young Seer? Maybe adding one in the deck so it hits always the right troop?
      And what about adding Psychic Ascension to the Sideboard for mirror decks / other control decks?
      -- edit: okay, that were two questions --
      Have not tried Young Seer since we are also playing Coralcove Witch. I think you're right and a Psychic Ascension should be in the Reserves for sure.
    • Thanks for the mention, I have indeed been experimenting with the deck a bit. Basically, my gameplan is to hit the combo as early as possible and when the turn I go off, hence the inclusion of Lunacy. I also run sparrow over WM since, quite frankly, WM is a bit redundant (and can even be detrimental to the gameplan), but I'm open to that being incorrect. The hand-sculpting is nice, but the deck does run out of steam if Monk is too far down. My deck can kill on turn 5 at the earliest (and does so a reasonable amount of the time), but it does so at the cost of losing to most interaction. I will say though, the green coins have been absolutely amazing and I'm quite surprised you're not running them, especially in WM. I guess Tilling the Soil means you can't afford more slow resources? I also really like the cyclone shaper inclusion, will have to test that myself. Anyway, plugging my list here at the end in case anyone is interested.

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=198821
      Herr, schmeiß Hirn oder Steine! Hauptsache du triffst!
    • I played about 20 matches or so. Once the combo gets going it could win on turn5, and as Limestone said it is a bit fragile to interrup/removal, once one of the components gets down you can hardly get another copy soon especially there are only 2 in the whole deck. I still wouldn't run 4 monk for the curve is a bit too high.
      I did make some changes, I play 4 copies of Soothsaying, cut absolute power/tilling soil/arcane soil. Add 2 x Young seer/1 x Syzygy/ 4 x Transmog.
      The wild coin works well when you need to find the combo card when you have spare resources, and some chances to put 1 cost cards into your crypt for the monk to cycle.
    • The argument for running 4 monks in the sparrow version is that you can discard a spare copy that you draw early, while still drawing it consistently. Ali's version obviously looks to go later and draw more of his deck, so running less combo pieces is more beneficial. Honestly, his version is probably better, if for no other reason that he's a better deckbuilder than me. Mine is really just card selection and combo pieces, then hoping to draw them in the right order.
      Herr, schmeiß Hirn oder Steine! Hauptsache du triffst!