HexPrimal Immortal Championship Series Feedback

• HexPrimal Immortal Championship Series Feedback

Hello Hexers!

Alucard here - Snake, The Motivation, and myself have been extremely excited to bring you the HexPrimal Immortal Championship Series. We have just concluded the first tournament in the series and congratulations to Dragon for winning it all!

There are many tournaments to come, so we want your feedback! I know there were some audio issues where Snake kept cutting off - we were trying to work through that issue and hopefully it will be resolved for next time.

But please let us know what we can do to help improve the viewing experience. We want this to be an awesome event for the community and we want you to be a part of this tournament series just as much as we are. So in this forum thread, please give us your honest feedback on what more you want during the cast or how we can improve things!

If you would like to email feedback, feel free to email snaketournaments@gmail.com with your comments.

Thanks!

Snake, The Motivation, and Alucard

The post was edited 2 times, last by Alucard ().

• ChicagoCharlie wrote:

I think you did really well, I enjoyed it quite a bit. I liked the deck/card segments in between some of the rounds. I know you need streamers to cast, and I would have streamed, but I was doing so poorly that I wasn't sure you would even want to feature it.
      All games are good games to cast. We're not here to make anyone feel bad or put anyone down with the cast, so definitely don't hesitate to stream the next one, we welcome everyone.

GobBluth wrote:

You guys should make an email account for people to submit feedback. I though you guys did a good job but if I didn't feel that way I wouldn't post it here on a public forum.
      I wouldn't hope people are planning to post constructive feedback and if that's the case, we take no offense so don't hesitate to post your thoughts. We can't improve if we don't get any feedback and as long as it's constructive, post away. That said, we can see about getting an e-mail address as well.
    • Full decklist is available at hexpvptools.net/constructed/tournament/1119226560
      Top 8 is at hexpvptools.net/constructed/tournament/1118572011

Congrats to Dragon.

As for the feedback, I have to say that I loved the coverage. It was of much higher quality than I expected. The whole thing looked really professional and it shows that you prepared. You already mentioned the technical issues with Snake's mic, so I guess you're aware of the more glaring thing that needs improvement. I think the rest is out of your control until we get spectator mode. It would be nice to be able to show different players for each round, but you depend on streamers on that, so I don't think you can do anything about it.
    • I want to begin by saying that, on the whole, the tournament shoutcasting went really well. Nothing really glaring happened that I'd feel the need to commend about.

All 3 of the casters did the best they could with what they were given. The ball is in HXE's court right now. The way I see it, there's very little that you can do right now to improve the audience's experience. The cool off time when no matches were shown was too long, but that cannot be fixed without the introduction of a spectator mode (to cast matches that are not being streamed) or a replay system (to insert finished games while no live stream is up). Hex Primal adding streamer prizes was the best way to try and incentivize participants to stream, but even that has its limit.

I wouldn't like this post to be completely without suggestions. While deck tech is incredibly useful and a good and long way to fill in gaps between live streaming, there's only so many decks you can talk about. They also take a lot of time to prepare and sometimes you only want a shorter interlude than a tech deck vid. How about you fill smaller segments with "card tech" or "interaction tech"? Instead of analyzing the whole deck, you can pick only one card to talk about, or one gem, or one champion. It doesn't really have to be one that we've seen in the tournament (though that'd be a bonus) but anything you found and liked. Maybe talk about the Hideous Conversion and the different combos it can trigger. Or all the different ways to ramp as a wild deck. Something like that ;)
    • GobBluth wrote:

You guys should make an email account for people to submit feedback. I though you guys did a good job but if I didn't feel that way I wouldn't post it here on a public forum.

Updated the original post with an email address if you want to send private comments. We still do encourage you to post your honest opinions here. Our goal is to make this the best we can.

Fred wrote:

Full decklist is available at hexpvptools.net/constructed/tournament/1119226560
      Top 8 is at hexpvptools.net/constructed/tournament/1118572011

Congrats to Dragon.

As for the feedback, I have to say that I loved the coverage. It was of much higher quality than I expected. The whole thing looked really professional and it shows that you prepared. You already mentioned the technical issues with Snake's mic, so I guess you're aware of the more glaring thing that needs improvement. I think the rest is out of your control until we get spectator mode. It would be nice to be able to show different players for each round, but you depend on streamers on that, so I don't think you can do anything about it.
      Thanks a bunch Fred! Yeah, unfortunately I didn't have an immediately solution for Snake's audio. I think it was actually on Discord's end. So we'll look for another solution for future casts!

Vroengard wrote:

I want to begin by saying that, on the whole, the tournament shoutcasting went really well. Nothing really glaring happened that I'd feel the need to commend about.

All 3 of the casters did the best they could with what they were given. The ball is in HXE's court right now. The way I see it, there's very little that you can do right now to improve the audience's experience. The cool off time when no matches were shown was too long, but that cannot be fixed without the introduction of a spectator mode (to cast matches that are not being streamed) or a replay system (to insert finished games while no live stream is up). Hex Primal adding streamer prizes was the best way to try and incentivize participants to stream, but even that has its limit.

I wouldn't like this post to be completely without suggestions. While deck tech is incredibly useful and a good and long way to fill in gaps between live streaming, there's only so many decks you can talk about. They also take a lot of time to prepare and sometimes you only want a shorter interlude than a tech deck vid. How about you fill smaller segments with "card tech" or "interaction tech"? Instead of analyzing the whole deck, you can pick only one card to talk about, or one gem, or one champion. It doesn't really have to be one that we've seen in the tournament (though that'd be a bonus) but anything you found and liked. Maybe talk about the Hideous Conversion and the different combos it can trigger. Or all the different ways to ramp as a wild deck. Something like that ;)
      Great idea on the card techs and interaction techs! I didn't even think about that kind of thing. You're right that it does take a good bit of time to prepare the deck tech videos, so these could be nice short ones to play as we see some of those cards in action! :)
    • Sadystik wrote:

Sorry to hijack the thread but it's the only one about the HexPrimal tournament. Do we know when will the tickets will be deleted from our inventories ? I assume if I farm some tickets they will be deleted when the wipe happens.
      It should happen shortly, but in the meantime don't worry about jumping into the queue. Only tickets that were generated before the tournament this last weekend will be removed.