Friday Update! 4.7.17

• Bootlace wrote:

Graydeath wrote:

I didn't have many problem, but half my opponent have to reloged at the start of the game and i hera a lot of people that lose some match for that.
      People should realize its better to just wait it out when you see the client hanging and giving you that white screen. Eventually after a few minutes of nothing it actually loads everything (this is also true when sending a ton of chests using the in-game mail). Have heard many people refer to this as the game 'crashing' but its actually just processing it very slowly. If you have a large collection you might not be able to relog back in time and this is what I'd advise for such people.
      People keep saying that, but I had 3 games last Clash NOT start within 5 minutes (2 of which cost me rounds) "just waiting it out" when the client hung. It wasn't until I started immediately disconnecting and logging back in at the start of every round that I was able to reliably play my matches (with -3 to -4:50 off my clock each time) - which is just ridiculous and should not be either expected or required of players to do just to play their games.

Also, sometimes the client recovers from the white screen hangs, and sometimes it doesn't. I once waited for 20 minutes trying to send 50 chests from one account to another - the client was dead, it was not going to recover. Just because you personally have not experienced a particular problem does not mean nobody has.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Nobody is saying it's working as intended, but quite a lot of people are saying either "oh, just restart" or "oh, just wait for your match to start" like it's not a big deal or not an outrageous state of affairs. The implication that the player affected is doing something wrong by either waiting or not restarting or whatever is a sad state of affairs, and grossly mis-assigning the blame from where it belongs.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

Bootlace wrote:

Graydeath wrote:

I didn't have many problem, but half my opponent have to reloged at the start of the game and i hera a lot of people that lose some match for that.
      People should realize its better to just wait it out when you see the client hanging and giving you that white screen. Eventually after a few minutes of nothing it actually loads everything (this is also true when sending a ton of chests using the in-game mail). Have heard many people refer to this as the game 'crashing' but its actually just processing it very slowly. If you have a large collection you might not be able to relog back in time and this is what I'd advise for such people.
      People keep saying that, but I had 3 games last Clash NOT start within 5 minutes (2 of which cost me rounds) "just waiting it out" when the client hung. It wasn't until I started immediately disconnecting and logging back in at the start of every round that I was able to reliably play my matches (with -3 to -4:50 off my clock each time) - which is just ridiculous and should not be either expected or required of players to do just to play their games.
      Also, sometimes the client recovers from the white screen hangs, and sometimes it doesn't. I once waited for 20 minutes trying to send 50 chests from one account to another - the client was dead, it was not going to recover. Just because you personally have not experienced a particular problem does not mean nobody has.
      I was talking about the Plunder yesterday and no one thus far has come forward and said that waiting it out at the start of rounds didn't work. Anyways its obviously not a great long term solution but thought it would be good to inform players of the current workaround that seems to be working.
    • Thrawn wrote:

Great job Hex Ent with the weekend fix. Playied 5 rounds so far of the Clash today and the client has been flawless.

My gameplay... not so much. ;)
      I'm still curious if its really fixed. I'm not being pessimist, but there is like almost 200 players less than last week, would be curious over 400 again if its going smooth.

Anyway I'm happy that its going good and hope that the problem is solved for the long run :) Good job Hex team :)
    • I took the risk to play again this week even after the problematic first week greatly discouraged me. Played 4 rounds. I faced 0 problems. Nice.

3 out of my 4 opponents didn't have any issues (at least not when playing against me). I was matched vs @CoachFliperon on my 3rd match and I saw him with a 302 card deck. He didn't log in the game at all, lost 2 games due to inactivity. Don't know if there was an issue with his Hex client or something completely different, need to find and ask him.

I'm gonna assume my sub-par pool was due to my doubting HXE and Kismet. I deserved it. I will make aments and try again next week. Please be gentle ;)

Having half the players might've played a role too, as @Portensio pointed out.
    • Portensio wrote:

Thrawn wrote:

Great job Hex Ent with the weekend fix. Playied 5 rounds so far of the Clash today and the client has been flawless.

My gameplay... not so much. ;)
      I'm still curious if its really fixed. I'm not being pessimist, but there is like almost 200 players less than last week, would be curious over 400 again if its going smooth.
      Anyway I'm happy that its going good and hope that the problem is solved for the long run :) Good job Hex team :)
      Sigh. As soon as I praise it, game took a dump on me in round 7. Got into the match just fine. Game locked up 3 or 4 turns in when I played a diamond shard. Took more than 5 minutes to reconnect. I get back into the game, and stare at a reconnecting screen for several more minutes. Chat in game worked so I could tell I was connected. Had to relog again, any by the time I was back, I'd lost the match by disconnect timer.

Lixil told me to file a support ticket, so I guess there's that.
      Watch Dungeon Masters of Entrath - The HEX Gameshow! Wednesday 8pm EST
      I am ThrawnOmega on Xbox Live, Twitter, Steam, and Twitch.
      Forum Avatar by @tfa_96 on Twitter.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Thrawn ().

• Bootlace wrote:

What do people mean by 'crashing'? I've had the small spinning wheel for 3 minutes at start of each round and I just wait it out and the game loads fine without any restart.

Has anyone actually waited it out and not connected?
      I had it freeze on the loading page multiple times and it never caught back up. I know because I went for lunch one of the times and when I came back about 2 hours later it was still on the loading screen.

Glad it was a free event and I wasn't actually trying to do well.

I still cant use the AH properly either as it lags massively every time I click to list an item. Are they working on fixing that? How about the long relog times? Sorry for having what might be deemed a large collection, but I would like to not lose game 1 in events every time I have to "just relog".