Pinned Forum Changes and Improvements

• I've got a few more in-depth suggestions that I'll get around to when I have a chance, but I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for the "Hex Shards of Fate" logo at the top of the screen to take us to hextcg.com

Being able to easily navigate between website / forums would be rad. I know there was some stubborn grumpiness about this before, but it is a brave new world!
    • On the old forums blocking a user made it so their posts weren't visible, but it told you that the posts were being hidden. Any chance we can get this back? Without that functionality I don't see what blocking a user actually does? Just stops them from private messaging you?
    • I don't see any mention of the cosmic crown on the forums or on the calendar. I don't know if it is something that is going to continue but I'd really like to see the basic / foundational level of communication about organized play improve.

-The upcoming events widget on the side is really easy to miss.

-Having that widget display some sort of "Up Next" or "Next Major Tournament in : xx.xx.xx" or even have the next 3 majors on a countdown would be really nice. Especially if there was something to make them stand out or look shinier.

-The calendar still does not display when the Cosmic Crown is occurring.

-It is really hard to find any info about the Cosmic Crown anywhere... not trying to be chicken little here but I almost get the feeling that it is not going to continue that it might've been a Gameforge supported endeavor? I only say that because we haven't had any info about the next season either.

-I feel like either:
      a) the competitions and events subforum could be made more prominent
      b) there could be an 'organized play' subforum but I don't think that's right, the forums already are a bit cluttered with how many subs there are

-For that matter it does feel like there could be a more comprehensive / user friendly / CONSOLIDATED resource for what organized play was taking place / looked like for Hex AND its community (this last point I'm relatively curious on what folks think)
    • Funktion wrote:

not trying to be chicken little here but I almost get the feeling that it is not going to continue that it might've been a Gameforge supported endeavor? I only say that because we haven't had any info about the next season either.
      We know that next season's AAs will be Trueheart Skirmisher and Inkheart Infuser (and the one after that will be Cloud Bounder and Ivory Exemplar). I'm not sure what else there really is to know.
    • Thoom wrote:

Funktion wrote:

not trying to be chicken little here but I almost get the feeling that it is not going to continue that it might've been a Gameforge supported endeavor? I only say that because we haven't had any info about the next season either.
      We know that next season's AAs will be Trueheart Skirmisher and Inkheart Infuser (and the one after that will be Cloud Bounder and Ivory Exemplar). I'm not sure what else there really is to know.
      Yes, you and I might know that...

What I'm getting at is if someone just found out about Hex, and that person is excited to start getting into organized play (and climb the ladder to participate in the Cosmic Crown)... where do they learn anything about that?

After looking around the site the front page has been updated considerably since the transition and I expect that a lot of time went into hunting down the right content and getting it up to date. This new front page now has info on the Cosmic Crown; however, I can't find any information on the date range of when a season takes place or when the Cosmic Crown Showdown actually takes place. Maybe it is staring me directly in the face and I'm about to look foolish, but I just don't see it anywhere. There's no info on how the ladder works etc and what the tiers of it / rewards are. I think that is a little less important since once someone is in the game it is easy to figure out, but it is important for there to be readily available & concise information for people who are not yet players but are interested in the game.
    • Not sure why but it looks like if you have a custom title (Hex Veteran, etc.) it causes the Ardent and Underworld symbols from not appearing despite a user being in one of the racial user groups. Would it be possible for those to be displayed while having a custom title, or is it a limitation of the board software?
    • Lawton wrote:

Not sure why but it looks like if you have a custom title (Hex Veteran, etc.) it causes the Ardent and Underworld symbols from not appearing despite a user being in one of the racial user groups. Would it be possible for those to be displayed while having a custom title, or is it a limitation of the board software?
      Unfortuntately, it appears to be a limitation of the forum software. Only the highest level category displays. In this case, choosing to be a veteran means you don't get coyotle/elf/etc flair.
    • While I understand why it exists. Is there anyway the max character count can be increased or scrapped? Between my account level tracking thread, the set 6 spoiler thread I've started doing and several threads I never ended up posting because of the max character count it really does get in the way for me a lot of the time.
    • Any chance we could fix the multiple logins issue resolved? I was hoping it would get sorted after the divorce, but it's still a problem.

The issue: Logging into the forums on one device logs you out of the forums on all other devices. As someone who browses from a home desktop, a work laptop, and a cellphone, this is incredibly annoying.
    • Rendakor wrote:

The issue: Logging into the forums on one device logs you out of the forums on all other devices. As someone who browses from a home desktop, a work laptop, and a cellphone, this is incredibly annoying.
      I haven't had this problem... my laptop, my work computer, and my desktop are usually all logged in at once. Although, I use different browsers on each device, which might make a difference.

Galliard wrote:

Getting the true user blocking back would be really nice.
      Seems to be working for me. I've got two people blocked, and both have been working as intended :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I use Firefox on the laptop and the desktop, but Opera on the phone, so I doubt that's it.
      It's been an issue since we moved to the GF forums; I've debated using a secondary account to browse while at work or something, but it's kind of hard to continue discussions that way.

Edit: Here's the discussion about this from the old forums:
      board.hex.gameforge.com/index.…&postID=569565#post569565
      board.hex.gameforge.com/index.…of-forums-too-frequently/

The solution they had suggested (not closing a browser) does not work for me. I just tested it again: I've been browsing and posting on my laptop. I pulled out my phone, logged in, then tried to navigate to a new subforum on my laptop. When the page loaded, I was logged out. At no point did I close my browser, lose connection, or anything else. This is all in a span of less than 5 minutes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rendakor ().

• Eraia wrote:

Rendakor wrote:

I haven't had this problem... my laptop, my work computer, and my desktop are usually all logged in at once. Although, I use different browsers on each device, which might make a difference.

Galliard wrote:

Getting the true user blocking back would be really nice.
      Seems to be working for me. I've got two people blocked, and both have been working as intended :)
      Yeah, they turned the blocking on over the weekend. Though I admit breaking out my CSS skills after a while was kind of fun.

I'm still thinking the multiple logons is cookie hash related. Though maybe it's expiration related and I could force my browser to keep respecting it.