HEX Clash Start Date

    • NicoSharp wrote:

      Will scaling, non-cash based, rewards, based on participation, ever be considered for clash, if participation explodes well over 128 players per tournament?
      The perfect distillation of these forums... HEX does something great for us and the game = "Can we have some more?" by the community ;)

      More seriously, I'm not opposed to poker-style scaling prizing, but I imagine that's even more of a grey area than giving out cash as prizes.

      This is great news! So happy we got to this point. :)
      Hex: Shards of Fate KS | Producer | Bounty of the Magus Highlands Magus

      "Hoarded or shared, knowledge is the most fearsome weapon of all."
      "The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
      "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
      "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."
    • I did not mean it to immediately be associated to negative connotation. Clash is awesome.

      It's a serious question. A lot of Herofall and battleboard hunters would love to know :)

      And HEX is growing! (In all honesty, HEX needs to implement ways to have scaling rewards for large player-paid tournaments, to influence participation)

      All good things. Don't coat a question in greed.
    • I mentioned a while back when I did my review update for the game that one of the big gaps currentls was that limited needed an end-game - something for the best players to aspire towards. So glad to see you guys were already aware of that need and working on it.

      This is a great step forward.


      Colin wrote:

      The perfect distillation of these forums... HEX does something great for us and the game = "Can we have some more?" by the community
      Hey, that's a sign that the game's healthy. People wanting more means they like what they're getting. It's when people STOP asking for more that Hex needs to start worrying!
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Great to see Hex expanding into more tournaments and events like this. My hope is that if the Clash is successful, rather than having scaling rewards is to have 2 clashes a weekend. If the community is healthy enough to support a large participation in both events, having an event on Saturday and Sunday would help players who have standing appointments on a Saturday or a Sunday. As it stands right now, I don't think I can participate. Good luck to everyone though.
    • HEXPureforce wrote:

      NicoSharp wrote:

      Will scaling, non-cash based, rewards, based on participation, ever be considered for clash, if participation explodes well over 128 players per tournament?
      This is something we have considered.
      We're interested in how many players these draw, but something in this vein has been discussed before, and is on our radar.
      I think everyone, ultimately, hopes to see clash become a huge success.

      Scaling when some magical number is hit, or separating would be a nice way, or Crota's suggestion, to rope more people into participating that may balk at large turnouts otherwise. Exciting times ahead!
    • The Hex clash is just great and I'll make my time some sunday to play it for sure. Even if I suck at limited. :)

      Just a quick question, does the door prizes need a minimum of played rounds?

      P.S. Would love to also see some regular cash constructed tournament along with the CCS. Even if I have to pay some platinum to participate! I love this idea of regular paid tournaments, just what the competitive scene needs.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

      The Hex clash is just great and I'll make my time some sunday to play it for sure. Even if I suck at limited. :)

      Just a quick question, does the door prizes need a minimum of played rounds?

      P.S. Would love to also see some regular cash constructed tournament along with the CCS. Even if I have to pay some platinum to participate! I love this idea of regular paid tournaments, just what the competitive scene needs.
      There's no minimum requirement on the number of rounds played to earn the door prizes. We wanted players who didn't have access to their Sunday to still have a chance to earn these prizes. Just by entering and not being in the cut for the specific prize, you're in the drawing for the door prize.

      Note, those prizes on the line are:

      • 8 Players not in the top 8 will receive a copy of the Wizard Battleboard!
      • 8 Players not in the top 16 will receive a copy of the Herofall AA sleeve!
      • 8 Players not in the top 32 will receive a copy of the Herofall AA card!
    • Plotynus wrote:

      Even if I have to pay some platinum to participate! I love this idea of regular paid tournaments, just what the competitive scene needs.
      Agreed, paid tournaments are definitely the best road forward for growing the top end of the competitive scene.

      HEXPureforce wrote:

      There's no minimum requirement on the number of rounds played to earn the door prizes. We wanted players who didn't have access to their Sunday to still have a chance to earn these prizes. Just by entering and not being in the cut for the specific prize, you're in the drawing for the door prize.

      Note, those prizes on the line are:



      8 Players not in the top 8 will receive a copy of the Wizard Battleboard!

      8 Players not in the top 16 will receive a copy of the Herofall AA sleeve!

      8 Players not in the top 32 will receive a copy of the Herofall AA card!
      Nice.

      I might have to give this a try... if I can scrounge up the plat. :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Crota wrote:

      Great to see Hex expanding into more tournaments and events like this. My hope is that if the Clash is successful, rather than having scaling rewards is to have 2 clashes a weekend. If the community is healthy enough to support a large participation in both events, having an event on Saturday and Sunday would help players who have standing appointments on a Saturday or a Sunday. As it stands right now, I don't think I can participate. Good luck to everyone though.
      Just chiming in to echo Crota. Doubt I'll ever be able to play at the current time, so a rotating timeslot - or a second tournament if participation grows - would be great!