AZ2 Bounty 1: Coyotle Focus

• I would like to submit the Stormbringer, a Coyotle Mage deck and character concept built around the premise of making that racial Tornado spell actually usable and having a lot of thematic and fun adventuring with a mix of heavy prophecy, card draw and good old evasive beatdown troops backed by a repertoire of consistently usable Mage spells, snowballing all the way.

With that preamble, here's the nitty gritty, with a more elaborate write-up to follow:

Class: Mage

Talents:
      -Affinity: Elementals
      -Affinity: Mages
      -Learning
      -Learn Spell: Telekinesis
      -Learn Spell: Chaos Missile
      -Destructive Magic
      -SP Boon
      -Open Mind
      -Spry
      -Secret Knowledge
      -Unlock: Spell Sprites
      -Unlock: Knowledge is Power

Decklist

Resources:
      * Sapphire Shard x28
      * Crackling Vortex x4
      * Scrios Coins x4

Troops:
      * Cloud Bounder x3
      * Cloud Queen x3
      * Cyclone Rider x3
      * Cyclone Shaman x3
      * Cyclone Shaper x3
      * Empress of Ice x3
      * Illusionary Schemer x3
      * Saarthu x1
      * Starcaller Ancient x3
      * Storm Cloud x3
      * Thunderfield Elder x3
      * Thunderfield Seer x3
      * Water Elemental x3
      * Zeedu x1

Actions:
      * Arcane Focus x3
      * Cloudwalk x3
      * Crackling Tide x3
      * Dream Dance x2
      * Heroic Echo x3
      * Lanupaw's Sight x3
      * Mastery of Time x3
      * Morphology x3
      * Peek x2
      * Psychic Ascension x1
      * Sapphire's Favor x2
      * Scheme x2
      * Stormcall x2
      * Zodiac Divination x2

Constants:
      * Air Superiority x2

Equipment:
      Sight Shift Mask (Head) - You'll almost always have a Coyotle in play to proc this.
      Cloudfeather Fan (Trinket) - Arguably one of the most powerful equip effects in Hex.
      Heroes Armor (Chest) - This makes Heroic Echo incredible for this deck.
      Wind Charm Gloves (Glove) - Upgrade prophecy to make actions free!
      Airweight Bounders (Feet) - Turns Cloud Bounder mobilize into free Flight!
      Blackwolf Stave of the Starcaller (Weapon) - Amazing snowballing of prophecy.

Mercenaries:
      * Ashahsa - Turn two more non-flying troops airborne for added evasion / potential Cloudwalk shenanigans.
      * Clatterclank - We consistently qualify for the charge with a deck this size.
      * Flexible spot, I like both Corporal Hadrian and Salty Sam as examples for additional mobilize cost-cheating + additional bounce control.

I'm personally a huge fan of trying to adhere as close as I can to tight themes when it comes to PVE decks--and in this case, with one of my main objectives being making the Tornado spell as functional as possible, it worked out perfectly to stick to 99% Coyotle and Elemental troops.

In addition to the core goal of getting mileage out of Tornado, I wanted to build a deck for this challenge in general where playing a Coyotle Mage was a meaningful anchor, rather than just a convenient shard grid and a smattering of handy talents. In this vein, I dug into a few additional goals, wanting the deck to:
      -Consistently generate ample spell points to use Mage spells frequently.
      -Consistently generate ample card draw to constantly have available plays.
      -Consistently field evasive troops to ensure the ability to hammer home wins.

Finally, as another aside, I wanted to try to create a deck that could feasibly have its bedrock put into place immediately after Crayburn Castle and grow organically on the road to 15th level, rather than necessitating an already maxed-out character to function.

How it all comes together:

With the exception of dragon(s) (which are optional inclusions just for fun, really) every troop in the deck qualifies as either an Elemental or Coyotle in types--which leaves them immune to the wrath of your Tornadoes. Even without immunity, the dragon(s) are beefy enough that they'll survive a maximum blast anyways. Both dragons bring a fun extra twist when you can execute them, as Saarthu can give you control of powerful fun AI-only cards and Zeedu can start filling your hand to the brim if you haven't closed the game already via beatdown.

With these talents, every mage that is deployed generates additional spell power, which helps to very quickly get those mage spells up and running; throughout the campaign, I could very consistently drop a turn 2 Tornado despite it costing 7 spell points. As a reminder: Tornado works at quick speed, so feel free to sweep the board on your opponent's turn!

Almost every troop in the deck has Flight, providing a strong evasive war front--and those that do not can very easily gain it via Cloud Bounders (which grants flight to ALL exhausted troops you control, not just a mobilize target!) or Cloudwalk; Cloudwalk's equipment is incredibly powerful and can very frequently facilitate a turn 1 Thunderfield Seer drop -> turn 2 evasive swing with Cloudwalk to play a high-cost flying troop from your hand for free. Be sure to empower your free Cyclone Shaper for extra fun!

Heroic Echo is fantastic for this deck thanks to its equipment putting the troop into play--and since a lion's share of the troops will all qualify for it and very nearly all of the Mages have Prophecy and other fun effects, you'll always find a use for it. Additionally, it is notable that Heroic Echo copies everything on the source, including prophesized boosts and, more insidiously, the Cloudwalk buff to play flying troops for free. On top of it all, those duplicated Mages continue to feed you more spell power and keep the spells flowing too!

Cyclone Rider with equipment makes prophesied actions play for free. Illusionary Schemer, among others, ensures that actions will duplicate--as does Knowledge is Power for instance. The 'oney bomb' is getting this to execute off of Mastery of Time to chain back to back to back turns, but really that's mostly a fun flourish--just about anything hit by these effects will continue to provide you with card advantage and keep that snowball momentum going.

Cyclone Shaman prophecy brings back actions from the crypt to your hand--and with Cyclone Shaper reducing the cost of actions, this can very quickly get out of control in very fun, hilarious ways. Between Shaper and cards being inspired by Cyclone Rider to be free, you can get into some very fun snowballing recursion.

Finally, you can (literally) freeze opponents out in the long game leveraging Empress of Ice and multiple sources of exhausting troops. Arcane Focus and Peek help you to hand-fix or hunt for combo pieces, but quite often you'll be able to leverage board control to snowball into back to back extra turns leaving the AI in your dust.

One of my favorite combos is a prophesied by Cyclone Shaman and then using Heroic Echo on it--duplicating the troop and inviting you to pluck the same Heroic Echo out of your crypt to do it again. Fun!

Meanwhile, we're really spoiled for choice with the Mage spell repertoire thanks to generating such an insane amount of spell power. Even as early as 5th level in the campaign I could frequently amass 20+ spell power within a couple of turns, which is more than enough to utilize Tornado or Telekinesis to remove obstacles from the board, or Soothsaying for more card draw and selection.

Because this deck generates plenty of card draw, the draw and discard for Soothsaying is no sweat at all--you'll frequently have opportunities to recover discarded actions from the crypt anyways. At its heart, the deck is primarily interested in teeing up some quick prophecies and then firing through a growing avalanche of snowballing board power.

The road to 15:

I can happily report that I was able to execute starting this deck off as soon as I'd left Crayburn and growing it on the road to level 15. You get a 3 / 2 / 1 / 1 Sapphire Shard grid out the gate, so all you have to do is pare the component pieces to their rarity restrictions and you can take the same list above and make a very effective 60 card deck. By 8, the grid loosens up some more and I moved to a halfway 75 card version of the deck adjusting the resources accordingly. Once you reach 13+, you're at 3 / 3 / 3 / 3 for Sapphire and can adjust the deck into the full 100+ card iteration and you're off to the races!

On the whole,

Pros: Fun, thematic, strong synergies, get to use Mage spells frequently as a toolbox to overcome obstacles, flexible in both beatdown and long haul encounters.
      Cons: Can take a bit of getting used to for what you should execute when, some encounters can be a little trickier in forcing you to play the long game instead of going for a swift beatdown.

My intention was to make an interesting, thematic and flexible deck that could play evasive beatdown or control both, and to utilize a lot of fun mechanics cohesively. I hope you enjoyed this!

I've also attached some screenshots from my journey for a few live play examples of shenanigans. With this deck setup I was able to complete nearly every zone and dungeon encounter including sometimes irksome bosses like Wiktor and the Kraken without having to adjust the deck or bring in a mercenary. Beating down the kraken, flooding Wiktor's face with so many copies of Cloud Shaper actions were -30 cost and a typical example of duplicated Mastery of Time avalanching out of control for seven back to back turns.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Blackwood: Adjustments. 10,000 Character limit! ().

• Class: Mage (Name: Qetzacoatl)

Talents:
      • Spell Sprites
      • Learning
      • Telekinesis
      • Mental Superiority
      • Spry
      • Secret Knowledge
      • Self Knowledge
      • Chaos Missiles
      • Destructive Magic
      • SP Boon
      • Wizards Cap
      • Eye of Chaos
      Decklist:

Resources:
      • 7 Sapphire
      • 6 Diamond
      • 4 Well of Life
      • 4 Well of Purpose
      • 4 Well of Instinct
      Troops:

• 3 Thunderfield Seer
      • 3 Living Totem
      • 3 Exalted Professor
      • 2 Auspex of Lanupaw
      • 3 Zodia Crowfeather
      • Arcane Dreamcatcher
      • 3 Bowie Starlight
      • 1 Windsinger, Master of the Hunt
      Actions:

• 3 Arcane Focus
      • 2 Transmogrifade
      • 3 Morphology
      • 1 Martyr
      • 2 Lanupaws Sight
      • 3 Cosmic Calling
      • 2 Mindcall
      Constants: none

Artifacts: none

Equipment:

• Crown of Goblin King (Bowie)
      • Stardust Vial (Crowfeather)
      • Seers Regalia (Thunderfield Seer)
      • Mighty Morphing Glove (Morphology)
      • Battleborn Boots (Totems)
      Mercenaries:

• Moof
      • Baxoth
      • Hadrian
      Details: This deck is not solely for Quick Farming, but for interesting games. Its quite versatile and i use my two coyotle decks to push through new content (so those were the first for alachian sea).
      Target is to be reactive with the mage spells even on opponents turn and then smash him with evasion or big bodies (finishers totems, dreamcatcher, good crowfeather hit, ...)

The post was edited 3 times, last by Gord ().

• Class: Warrior

Talents:
      • Affinity: Warriors (every troop in your deck gets you a charge)
      • Warlord: Agility (a key component of this build for clearing lanes for attack).
      • Training: Combat
      • Adrenaline
      • Beserking
      • Warlord: Parrying
      • Warlord War Machine
      • Warlord: Concussive Strikes
      • Reinforcements
      • Training: Deployment
      • Boiling Blood
      • Training: Tactics
      • Enhanced Training Regimen
      • Blacksmithing
      • Old War Wound
      Decklist:

Resources:
      • 10 x Diamond
      • 4 x Mentor's Keepsake
      • 4 x Primal Essence
      • 4 x Wakuna Coins
      Troops:

• 3 x Shield Trainer
      • 3 x Portsmeare Guard
      • 3 x Ardent Recruiter
      • 3 x Highlands Shinobi
      • 3 x Chimera Guard Fallen
      • 3 x Chimera Guard Outrider
      Actions:

• 3 x Form Ranks
      • 3 x Shield Bash
      • 3 x Pride's Fall
      • 3 x Kiss of the Princess
      • 3 x Chimera Strike
      Constants:

• 3 x Decree of Banishing
      Artifacts:

• 2 x Deployment Orders
      Equipment:

• Humble King's Crown
      • Outrider's Clutch (critical to build)
      • Ardent Chestplate
      • Gloves of the Full Tankard (critical to build)
      • Steel Treads
      Mercenaries:

• Lobo, Reader of Streams - Party benefit: this merc gives your very next warrior a useful benefit, which means guaranteed use, no matter the randomness of the benefit.
      • Hawkor - Party benefit: 3 random troops get +1 defense. Well, with this build, defense IS offense.
      • Ashahsa - Party benefit: 2 random troops get flight, great (if you draw one).
      Details:

So the key to this build is that you have 9 cards that cause your troops defense to be added to their attack. Battles tend to be short if played properly. Be certain to have at least one Diamond shard playable 1st turn.

Shield Trainer is there to pump up other troops defense in anticipation that it will be added to their attack values.

Portsmeare Guards are just awesome with the Gloves of the Full Tankard. These guys should be the target of the shifted power of the Chimera Guard Fallen, as you can pump up their defense in anticipation of an attack. If they have a shifted power from a Chimera Guard Fallen, and get the benefit of a played Outrider, the effects stack. If they are trained and have swiftstrike, nothing can stand in front of them and survive. A Portsmere Guard that has a shifted power from the Fallen and stacked again by the Outrider, and who can then be pumped with any spare resources becomes a one-hit-kill attacker. They are going to be targeted as high priority for removal, but get them out asap. Note: when pumping up their defense, do not forget to leave enough resources for any quick actions you might expect to play.

Ardent Recruiters, with the chestplate, can get out of hand quickly as well. They make your other troops cheaper, giving you more charges to burn and growing to boot, often resulting in your ability to use your champion power 3 turns in a row.

Highlands Shinobi are there to clear the path for attack. Getting a charge for every troop and for every resource once these guys are out results in the opponents having nothing that can block turn after turn.

Chimera Guard Fallen are there to transfer their ability to the Portsmeare Guards. If no Portsmeare Guard is out, just gift the ability to wherever it will hurt the most, any troop with swiftstrike would be ideal, or a troop with another benefit gifted by the merc Lobo (a swiftstriker with Crush or flight would be the perfect candidate).

Chimer Guard Outrider, with the Outrider's Clutch, gifts every troop on the field, including itself, the ability to add its defense to its attack. Now, given that the Outrider already has this ability, it ends up with this ability twice. It goes from 0/4 to 8/4 if not trained, and if a second Outrider gets played next turn, can get the same ability stacked a 3rd time.

Use Pride's Fall, Decree of Banishing and your champion power to clear paths for attack. Never use them just because you can. Save them for when it will hurt the most.

Your Form ranks, Shield Bash, Chimera strike and Kiss the Princess should be used judiciously. If you are attacking but they have more blockers than you have attackers, only use them if necessary to make a kill or keep a troop alive. If they have fewer blockers than your attackers, using them on the troop that got through can be all that is needed to end the battle (especially true of Chimera Strike). If they have no blockers, then using them before attacking magnifies the attack.

This is a very aggressive build, and should be played accordingly. Attack, attack, attack.
    • Class: Coyotle Ranger

Talents:
      • Key Talents (These Talents are key to some of the interactions in the deck)
        • Affinity: Beasts
        • Resourcefulness
        • Eye of the Sniper + Every Piece of the Animal
      • Other Talents (These are my preferred talents, but really could be changed based on your play style)
        • Great Spore Beast (I guess technically you need this to get to Affinity: Beasts)
        • Pet Training: Ferocity
        • Pet Training: Shared Experience
        • Pet Treats
        • Lay of the Land
        • Ranged Expertise: Scattershot
        • Ranged Expertise: Leg Shot
        • Ranged Expertise: Overwatch
      Decklist:
      • Cards that you will Win with
        • 3 x [card]Bellow of Briggadon[/card]
        • 2 x [card]Wildwood Beastcaller[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Ghost Howler[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Mesa Totemist[/card]
      • Supporting Cards
        • 2 x [card]Spectral Acorn AA[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Adamanthian Scrivener[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Howling Brave[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Stargazer[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Cerebral Jack-hat[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Chimeerkat[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Chlorophyllia[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Prophet of the Sun[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Whirlwind Scout[/card]
      • Resources
        • 4 x [card]Diamond Shard[/card]
        • 8 x [card]Wild Shard[/card]
        • 3 x [card]Well of Life[/card]
        • 4 x [card]Howling Plains Bluegrass[/card]
        • 4 x [card]Wakuna Coins[/card]

Equipment:
      • Head: Howling Headband (for Wildwood Beastcaller)
      • Trinket: Prophetical Pipe (for Prophet of the Sun)
      • Chest: Mane of the Meerkat (for Chimeerkat)
      • Gloves: Factoring Fingers (for Cerebral Jack-hat)
      • Feet: Boots of Autumn (for Bellow of Briggadon)
      • Weapon: Totem Crush Maul (for Mesa Totemist)
      Mercenaries:
      • Tafford the Tireless (minor health gain and card draw)
      • Sister of the Hunt (more minor health gain. Also, she is able to stomp Wiktor, the one problematic encounter for this deck)
      • Clatterclank (free charge!)
      Details:
      This is a deck that focuses on having a great late game and the tools to delay the game until you take over. The key combo is getting beasts repeatedly entering play to trigger incidental health gain that can then boost Mesa Totemist or Ghost Howler to insane levels. Beast spawning can be done with Wildwood Beastcaller or (and this is the one I like) Bellow of Briggadon. With the equipment giving you a charge, you pretty much will be summoning a bear and boosting your pet every turn; two Bellows guarantee playing your charge power every turn. Then with all the other health gain (drawing resources, triggers from Adamanthian Scrivener, Tafford blessings) you can often attack with a pretty sizable army. It's never quite as huge as some of the dedicated cleric builds, but it is quite consistent since the Ranged Expertise abilities often give you means of maintaining board control until your combo pieces enter play.

Special Tips:
      • Wakuna Coins and Stargazer are great support cards since they allow you to gain health on the opponent's turn. You can use these as combat tricks if you have Mesa Totemist or Ghost Howler out since the AI will attack, and you can buff your troops with triggers from the health gain.
      • Chimeerkat has some fun synergies as well. It makes an excellent early troop, especially when you can get swiftstrike + lifedrain. There are times I've attacked with both Chimeerkat and Mesa Totemist, and the lifedrain from the Meerkat can help boost the Totemist if you haven't already gained health that turn. In addition, there is a small chance of Prophet of the Sun making the Chimeerkat prophesied and letting you draw a card.
      • As seen in a lot of cleric builds, Mesa Totemist will boost the attack of your other clerics. So keep in mind that Prophet of the Sun, Adamanthian Scrivener, and Ghost Howler are all clerics.
      • With all the resource acceleration, Cerebral Jack-hats give some amazing card draw since you can bounce it to your hand once you've spent the three charges. In addition, since you gain health when you draw resources, you can also use Cerebral Jack-hats as a sneaky combat trick to squeak in a little more damage with Mesa Totemist or protect a troop with Ghost Howler.

Substitutions:
      I've used this exact list for all AZ1 and AZ2 dungeons encounters. The only difficulty is Wiktor, since you have a high density of 1 defense troops. I have defeated Wiktor twice with this list (mainly by baiting his elemental into an attack and using health gain to boost a mesa totemist to kill it), but you can make your life easier and exchange the one cost troops for some of the good Diamond Removal.
    • Class: Cleric

Talents:
      • Enhance Blessing: Life Essence
      • Enhance Blessing: Empowerment
      • Discipline of the Mind
      • Affinity: Cleric
      • Unlock: Divine Altar
      • Diligent Study
      • Ample Supplies (could switch to Hale if you don't care about mercenaries)
      • Holy Hands
      • Stout
      • Premonitions
      • Blessed Birth
      • Child of the Right Hand
      • Healing Aura
      • Aura Aspect: Good Karma
      Decklist (100 cards):

40 Resources:
      • 8 Diamond Shard
      • 12 Wild Shard
      • 4 Shard of Life
      • 4 Howling Plains Bluegrass
      • 4 Primal Prism
      • 4 Well of Life
      • 4 Wakuna Coins
      51 Troops:

Wild, Cost 1
      • 3 Earth Mother
      • 3 Howling Brave
      • 3 Lifeweaver Shaman
      • 3 Snarling Brave - Prairie Leather
      • 3 Stargazer
      • 3 Storm Drummer
      • 3 Young Seer
      Wild, Cost 2
      • 3 Elder of Visions - Tiara of Visions
      • 3 Sly Lookout - Ranger's Loop (Crush)
      Wild, Cost 3
      • 1 Sight of the Sun
      • 1 Storm Dancer - Minor Diamond of Wind (Flight)
      • 1 Storm Dancer - Minor Wild Orb of Brawn (Crush)
      Diamond, Cost 1
      • 3 Adamanthian Scrivener (non-Coyotle)
      • 3 Wakuna Lookout - Minor Diamond of Wind (Flight)
      Diamond, Cost 2
      • 3 Righteous Paladin (non-Coyotle)
      Diamond, Cost 3
      • 3 Storm Rider (Flight)
      • 3 Whirlwind Scout (Flight)
      • 3 Winter Brave - Minor Wild Orb of Brawn (Crush)
      Diamond and Wild, Cost 3
      • 3 Prophet of the Sun (Crush)
      9 Actions:
      • 3 Shardcall
      • 3 Wild Growth - Feralmaul (Crush)
      • 3 Dance of Dusk - Ancient Gloves, Dusky Dancers
      Constants: (none)

Artifacts: (none)

Equipment:
      • Head - Tiara of Visions (Elder of Visions)
      • Trinket - Ranger's Loop (Sly Lookout)
      • Chest - Prairie Leather (Snarling Brave)
      • Gloves - Ancient Gloves (Dance of Dusk)
      • Feet - Dusky Dancers (Dance of Dusk)
      • Weapon - Feralmaul (Wild Growth)
      Mercenaries:
      • Aethynia (+1 health for each troop in your hand)
      • Count Davian (+1 health for each troop in opponent's hand)
      • Mother Dawnbreeze (+3 health if opponent won coin flip) (use in Dungeons)
      • Gax, the Sly Roller (gain 1-4 health in non-Dungeons) (use in non-Dungeons)
      Details:

This is a Dance of Dusk deck with a secondary focus on Blessings. As a 100 card deck, Holy Hands provides an additional 12 copies of Dance of Dusk, Divine Altar gives you 2 Altars, Blessed Birth gives you 8 Blessings, and your Racials Children of the Zodiac and Blessed by the Sun give you 4 Zodiac Blessings. This means you start by drawing from a 126 card deck that includes 12 blessings and 15 Dance of Dusk. Every Blessing you start with allows you to immediately draw a card with Child of the Right Hand in addition to the card you draw when you play it. Premonitions allows you to look at the top three cards of your deck at the start of the game and choose one card (or no cards) to put on top. All of these combined make it extremely likely that you will start with a Dance of Dusk or draw one quickly.

If you start with a Dance in your hand, its cost will be reduced by one for each Mercenary that gives you health, so its starting cost will be 5 if you go first or 4 if your opponent won the flip. Since each resourse you play gives you health, by turn two its cost will be 3 or 2. This means that if you have the required 2 wild threshold on turn two, you can already win if you played a 1 cost troop on turn one (and play a blessing to bring the cost down one more if your opponent went first). This is the ideal play (note the synergy between blessings and Dance - your 1 cost wild troops don't have flight or crush, but since each blessing will give the troop +1/+1, your opponent isn't likely to block even if they have a troop out, allowing you to use Dance as a quick action for the win).

Even if you can't win by turn two, most wins will happen by turn four; you have 45 possible targets for Dance (all of which can be played with 3 resources or less), 20 of which have either Flight or Crush (and 3 more cards will give a troop Crush). Even if you don't start with a Dance or draw one, since by turn two you can activate your charge power twice (giving you 4 more blessings each time), you will have 20 blessings and 2 Divine Altars constantly moving up in your deck. Since each Blessing also moves up when you play one, it's possible to get strings of multiple Blessings that buff up your troops AND give you so much health you would have difficulty losing even if you wanted to...

Notes on play:

Since each card you play moves cards of the same name up in your deck, wait to use your charge power until you've played all your non-blessing cards (this gives more chance you will draw those blessings before other cards), but make sure to use it before you play a Blessing (it will put in more Blessings you can draw AND move them up when you play it).
      It's often worth waiting to play a blessing until you have your first troop out to take advantage of the +1/+1, but if you need to draw now, go ahead and play it.
      Be careful about playing your only Dance on a non-Crush, non Flight troop when it WON'T give you the win; you might end having your win delayed by chump blockers longer than if you had waited for an evasive troop to play your Dance on.
      Don't be afraid to mulligan for a starting hand with Dance, but also realize that starting hands with an Altar or two or three Blessings can be amazing by themselves.

Notes on substitutions:

There are many possible substitutions! I've trimmed this deck's max cost down to three to make quick wins more likely, but you could greatly increase the number of troops with Flight or Crush by increasing that max cost to four or five. You could also either add more of the typical Cleric troops (Mesa Totemist, Ghost Howler, Wakuna Starmender, etc.) OR remove the ones I've included (Scrivener, Paladin, Sight of the Sun). My initial version of the deck had Ethereal Healers with boots and Pack Hunters to give more of them. They are wonderful in a 100 card deck, but I ended up removing them post-nerf out of preference for Dance's boots. Feel free to put them back in to give a stronger deck when you don't have a Dance or have evasive troops, but a slower deck when you have to cast the Dance on a non-evasive troop before attacking. I used to include the talent for a chance at Blessing of the Immortals; with so many blessings, you would almost always get a BotI when using Discipline of the Mind, but I decided it was better to have Child of the Right Hand and Aura Aspect: Good Karma. Ample Supplies can be exchanged for Hale (give yourself life instead of your mercenaries) or Unlock: Shrine of Briggadon (I didn't take the Shrine because I don't want to take five turns, so they would tend to be dead cards in my hand, but they're excellent for keeping the game from going longer than five turns).

Notes on a 100 card deck:

While the ratio of Dances to cards in deck isn't improved in a 100 card deck compared with a 60 card deck (15:126 compared with 9:73) (15:114 to 9:67 when not counting blessings in the total), the ratio of Divine Altars and Blessings IS improved (2:126 to 1:73 and 12:126 to 6:73). When you consider that Cosmic Powers gives you two additional charges for a second charge power use, by turn 2 the ratio of Blessings would be 20:134 to 8:73. If you haven't experienced the kind of blessing flood this allows (since each play of a Blessing moves your others up AND they move up each turn), you're in for a treat...

Notes on resource base (things to consider when adjusting the number and type of resources):

This ends up being a 126 card deck, 114 if you disregard blessings.
      Only three resources are necessary to play any card in the deck, though you'll need two diamond threshold to play the Righteous Paladin (if you keep them; as noted above they could easily be exchanged).
      Diversifying the resource base not only helps in being able to choose between Diamond and Wild thresholds, it keeps Diligent Study from flooding your hand with resources.

Final notes:

I think this deck scores well in each of the three judging areas. It's extremely consistent (haven't lost with it yet after taking it on a few Graveyard and Ruins runs), faster than most Cleric decks (frequent turn 2 and 3 wins), while still being flexible (my early version of this beat Aradam (and all the challenge encounters) first try as he folds quickly to a 100 card deck even if you don't get your cards out as quickly). But one of the things I like most about it is how it is uniquely Coyotle, taking advantage of Children of the Zodiac, Blessed by the Sun, and Cosmic Powers and showcasing a horde of typically lesser-used Coyotle in the deck itself. At the same time, it is uniquely Cleric, with Blessings taking a starring role beside the Holy Hands talent. It also ends up being extremely budget (without trying!), as its only PvP cards of rare or legendary rarity are 3 copies of Earth Mother (R) and 1 copy of Sight of the Sun (L). These 4 cards are easily replaced without losing much (I myself only have 1 copy of Earth Mother, so my actual play version uses 2 Mentor of the Wind instead).
      "A storm of madness approaches these shores; let us meet it with a tempest of our own."
    • Screenshots of the Coyotle Cleric deck "Dance of the 100 Suns" in action from today's Ruins and Graveyard runs:

Ruins, 1st encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/Ijo1yXs.png
      2nd encounter (turn 3 win) i.imgur.com/DXjHxIa.png

3rd encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/YfI340B.png

4th encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/NhFw2Tn.png

5th encounter (turn 4 win, chump blockers delayed win) i.imgur.com/IqVKN5O.jpg

6th encounter (turn 11(!) win - misplayed by playing Prophet of the Sun with no resources left, couldn't play my 1 cost Dance to protect it from the battling Behemoth, had to use Dance on Sight of the Sun to stay alive, but a good example of the inevitability of the eventual win - see life total!) i.imgur.com/JclMBIt.png

Graveyard, 1st encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/tOnupC5.jpg
      2nd encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/oEnfJlM.jpg

3rd encounter, part 1 (this one makes a good Hex puzzle: what's the best play in this situation?) i.imgur.com/Ha4HEAX.jpg

Display Spoiler
      Answer: Use Discipline of the Mind to draw a Blessing. Play it. It will be copied by Divine Altar, giving your troop +2/+2 (so your 3/3 won't be blocked by the opponent's 2/2) and lowering the cost of Dance to 0 (so you can play it on your unblocked troop for the win!)

3rd encounter, part 2 (turn 3 win) i.imgur.com/xGPV9Bf.jpg

4th encounter (turn 2 win) i.imgur.com/Z1UpYCJ.jpg

5th encounter (turn 3 win) i.imgur.com/pax6LXT.jpg

6th encounter (turn 4 win, but another example of a slower but inevitable win - you can tell by looking at my cost 5 troop how many blessings were played) i.imgur.com/9WGhplD.jpg
      "A storm of madness approaches these shores; let us meet it with a tempest of our own."
    • Class: Coyotle Cleric (Resurrection Paradigm)

Summary: A deck that cheats large cost cards into play and takes advantage of Blessing of the Immortals.

Talents

• Key Talents:
        • Blessing of the Imortals
        • Disciple of the Mind
        • Blessed Birth + Child of the Right Hand
        • Premonitions
        • Unlock: Shrine of Briggadon
      • Other Talents:
        • Hale
        • Healing Aura
        • Cleric Class Gems
        • Cleanse
        • Armed Against the Darkness
      Decklist:
      • Actions:
        • 3 x Paradigm Shift
        • 3 x Mindcall
        • 3 x Soothsaying
        • 3 x Change Course
        • 3 x Morphology
        • 3 x Inner Conflict
        • 1 x Repel
      • Troops:
        • 3 x Arcane Spritegang
        • 2 x Argus, Herald of Doom
        • 3 x Slithering Marauder
        • 1 x Soul of Raqqar
        • 1 x Ozawa, Cosmic Elder
        • 2 x Synn, Etherdrake Nomad
        • 1 x Tiaanost
      • Artifacts and Constants:
        • 3 x Cerebral Jack-Hat
        • 3 x Resurrection
      • Resources:
        • 9 x Diamond Shards
        • 9 x Sapphire Shards
        • 4 x Well of Purpose

Equipment:
      • Head: Cowl of Emptiness (buffs Slithering Mauraders)
      • Trinket: Spritegang Spellbook (buffs Arcane Spritegangs)
      • Chest: Chest of Electrical Force (buffs Cerebral Jack-Hats)
      • Gloves: Mighty Morphing Glove (buffs Morphology)
      • Feet: Doomseeker Boots (buffs Argus, Herald of Doom)
      • Weapon: Scepter of Nightmares (buffs Inner Conflict)

Mercenaries:
      • Tafford the Tireless (get more starting blessings)
      • Spirit of the Triumvirate (make your troops that you cheat into play better)
      • Clatterclank (more charges means getting more blessings)

Details:

This is a deck built around taking advantage of Blessing of the Immortals. With this deck, you will cheat troops into play, and can often get Resurrection online by turn 4 or 5. I've actually had one game where I even had a Resurrection online on turn 2 with an amazing amount of luck, which I describe in the special tips section.

The basic idea is to draw cards in the early game, looking for one of the following: Paradigm Shift, Shrine of Briggadon, or a Blessing of the Ancients. Depending on which of the three cards you find first dictates exactly how the rest of the game plays out. Paradigm Shift means you keep the Troops in your hand. Shrine of Briggadon and Blessing of the Ancients means troops should get into your crypt. Generally, though, it's often safe to discard the high cost troops when you can since the density of them in this deck does mean you are drawing them semi-regularly.

As such, the card draw and discarding are the key foundation of the deck. Soothsaying, Change Course, and Cerebral Jack-Hat will all help you draw cards and then get cards to resurrect into your grave.
      You also don't often have a problem surviving. Between the health gain and your removal, only EXTREMELY aggressive starts are problematic. Basically, this deck is pretty easy to pilot and will take down pretty much any challenge. It will just do so very slowly since you often have to click through a lot of card draw and card selections.

Special Tips:

• Remember that you will also discard cards if your hand is over 10 cards. Use this to your advantage to get cards into your crypt. This is how I got a turn 2 Resurrection. I had 3 blessings in my original hand, which meant that I started the game at 10 cards. I also had a Blessing of the Immortal and a Resurrection in my hand. So instead of playing a shard on my first turn, I just drew a card and passed the turn. I needed to discard down to 10 and discarded the Resurrection. On my next turn, I played the Blessing of the Immortal and got Resurrection into play on the second turn.
      • The choice in troops was mainly dictated by my collection, so can be changed to taste. For consistency, I chose some of the flashy sapphire and diamond troops that I might actually cast if the game goes long, But if you'd like to play a little riskier... the high cost troops don't actually have to be diamond or sapphire. I actually used this deck in a deck building challenge to get 5 legendary cards of different shards into play.
      • Mindcall is mainly included to have a first turn play, but if possible, I always target a Soothsaying. Empowering doubles the cost, but if the cost is reduced, you get some major savings.
      • Aside from increasing the chance of Blessing of the Immortals, the heavy blessing focus also gets the Slithering Marauder online fairly promptly. I usually burn through blessings as soon as I draw them. You can often find and play a Marauder as soon as turn 3 or 4 with a good blessing draw and some other early action plays.
    • Class: Cleric

Talents
      :

• Enhance Blessing: Life Essence
      • Enhance Blessing: Empowerment
      • Blessing of the Immortals
      • Hale
      • Healing Aura
      • The Righteous Path
      • Blessed Birth
      • Premonitions
      • Stout
      • Diligent Study
      Decklist:

Resources:

• [card]Diamond Shard[/card] x8
      • [card]Wild Shard[/card] x7

• [card]Shard of Life[/card] x2
      • [card]Primal Prism[/card] x4
      • [card]Well of Life[/card] x3
      • wakuna coins x3
      Troops:
      • [card]Glorious Pegasus[/card] x1
      • [card]Juurdin[/card] x1
      • [card]Ardent Recruiter[/card] x3
      • [card]Prophet of the Sun[/card] x1
      • [card]Adamanthian Scrivener[/card] x3
      • [card]Ascetic Aspirant[/card] x3
      • [card]Righteous Paladin[/card] x3
      • [card]Howling Brave[/card] x3
      • [card]Mesa Totemist[/card] x3
      • [card]Lava Shaper[/card]
      • [card]Ghost Howler[/card]
      • [card]Satyr's Roost Bard[/card] x1
      • [card]Ardent Crusader[/card] x2
      • [card]Hero of Legend[/card] x2
      • [card]Moonrise Elder[/card] x2
      • [card]Spearcliff Captain[/card] x2
      • [card]Warparty Guide[/card] x3
      • [card]Wise Magistrate[/card] x2
      • [card]Heart of Embers[/card] x2
      • [card]Dreamweaver Ancient[/card] x1
      • [card]Mightsinger of Ages[/card] x1
      • [card]Exalted Knight[/card] x2
      • [card]Howling Plains Alpha[/card] x1
      • [card]Intrepid Conjurer[/card] x1
      Actions:

• [card]Symeon's Bounty[/card] x1
      • [card]Repel[/card] x3
      • [card]Totem Trap[/card] x3
      • [card]Chlorophyllia[/card] x3
      • [card]Ozawa's Wish[/card] x1
      • [card]Mooncall Ceremony[/card] x2
      Constants:

• [card]Egg Hunt[/card] x1

• [card]Holy Ascension[/card] x1
      • [card]Hilltop Monastery[/card] x2
      • [card]Puck's Daydream[/card] x1
      • [card]Decree of Banishing[/card] x3

Artifacts:

• [card]Ardent Decree[/card] x2
      • [card]War Drums[/card] x2
      • [card]Entrath Settlers[/card] x1
      • [card]Deployment Orders[/card] x2

Equipment:

• Guiding Headcover
      • Sigil of Grace
      • Ardent Chestplate
      • Ink-stained Gloves
      • Treads of the Exalted
      • Totem Crush Maul

Mercenaries:
      • Hawkor
      • Katsuhiro
      • Spirit of the Triumvirate
      Details: I created this deck because I wanted to use a Cleric/Ardent thematic deck, utilizing some PvE fun cards, using as many as possible of the mechanics (mostly valor) and trying to use in the deck most of the cards I like, built around the classic Scrievener/Totemist/Righteous/Howler body. The deck is really fun to play with and it creates a variety of threats. Blessings help us to gain health,draw card and if immortal,replay cards from crypt, valors to buff our troops with flight, invincibility,entrath settlers for extra resources or charges, egg hunt and symeon's bounty for fun buffs,card draw and health,deployment orders for extra cards,puck's daydream and chlorophylia for extra resources,hilltop monastery,hero of legend and moonrise elder for more valors plus the later two become threats,ardent decree for valor and maybe a missing ruby threshold,war drums and ardent recruiter for cheaper cards and the later becomes massive, some classic removals, holy ascension for game over :-P, AND of course my FAVOURITE card, Ascetic Aspirant, who when transform it is again game over. Then we have glorious pegasus for more valors,heart of embers for damage, exalted knight for speed to troops and exhausting non ardent troops, wise magistrate for pressure, roost bard for extra draws, warparty for extra troops, juurdin cause he's PvE and can create blockers,dreamveaver for extra troops,intrepid conjurer for more of him and the rest....just cards I enjoy playing. Well...I enjoy playing all of them so that's how this deck came up. Easy and fun to play, many synergies, many options, very consistent ,cleares all AZ1&2 dungeons and encounters(what i REALLY enjoyed was smashing Wiktor's head on turn 6), lost like 6-7 games due to really bad draws, and surprisingly faster than I expected,winning even from turn 3 sometimes. Very good at controlling the board.Replacements I make for encounters like Shingami, or Mad Aradam (or I just use Hawkor) are switching equip from Exalted Knight with the equipment for Deployment Orders and bringing an extra copy of it,plus Cosmic Totem and Sliver of the Immortal Spear,or Rolliking Reveler if the opponent plays artifacts.You can take out the Outposts,or like anything except the Clerics. The only encounter that I use a completely different deck are Killipede and the Piranhas. That's all. I hope you like it.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!

The post was edited 1 time, last by AxelDWater: Pressed ''Submit'' by mistake without actually writing something. ().

• Class: Warrior (Name: Redd)

Talents:
      • Weight
      • Warlord Strength
      • Warlord Agility
      • Warlord Concussive Strikes
      • Warlord Parrying
      • Adrenaline
      • War Preperations
      • Deep Pockets
      • Never Surrender
      • Aerobic Conditioning
      • Blacksmithing
      • Old War Wound
      • Commander
      • A Warrrior's Guilt
      • Fortifications
      • Anaerobic Conditioning
      Decklist:

Resources:
      • 16 Wild
      • 8 Diamond
      • 4 Well of Life
      • 4 Shard of Life
      • 4 Howling Plains Bluegrass
      • 4 Wakuna Coins
      Troops:

• 3 Howling Brave
      • 3 Spring Litter Disciple
      • 3 Ardent Crusader (Wind)
      • 3 Hero of Legend
      • 2 Moonris Elder (Hope)
      • 3 War Party Guide
      • 3 Satyr's Roost Bard
      • 3 Howling Plains Alpha
      • 3 Intrepid Conjurer
      • 2 Thunderbolt Warden
      • 3 Blessed Scout
      • 2 Mesa Caretaker
      • 3 Grandfather's Totem
      Actions:

• 3 Chlorophylia
      • 3 Mooncall Ceremony
      • 3 Trial of Totem (Ardent Gem)
      • 3 Battle Preperations
      Constants:

• 3 Verdant Mill
      • 3 Sacred Stance

Artifacts:

• 3 Cerebral Jack Hat
      • 2 Spectral Acorn
      • 1 Deployment Orders

Equipment:

• Guiding Headcover (Warparty Guide)
      • Chest of Electrical Force (Jackhat)
      • Factoring Fingers (Jackhat)
      • Stance Shoes (Sacred Stance)
      • Sacred Stiletto (Chlorophylia)
      Mercenaries:

• Katsuhiro
      • Davian
      • Hadrian
      Details:

Not especially fast, but uses valor and conscript both enhanced by the spring litter disciple (disciple, scout, stance is probably the most powerful example) to snowball out of control in the mid to late game whilst the champion power (thanks Katsuhiro), a little extra health (thanks Davian and various talents), Commander and Fortifications talents help control the early game. The 100 cards help reduce the ration of War Wounds and Guilt whilst increasing the ratio of Zodiac Blessings, give us more health with Cosmic Power racial talent and improve the Blacksmithing talent. The Sacred Stiletto equipment is just there so we can play Chloro of the top of the deck with Blacksmithing.

The dack can clear Kukatan, Machine Graveyard, Kraken's Cove and Devonshire as well post game Gobbler, Mancubus, Savvas and Cyclops. I haven't tried Aradam as despite the 100 card deck it is too likely we'd get decked before defeating him, or Gallows Ghast because it is so painful.

Edit: Consistency seems pretty good though haven't played it tonnes at max level. Speed faster than the d/s pathfinder gambit build I tried but not fast.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xbete ().

• Class: Coyotle

Talents:
      • The Righteous Path
      • Faith in our Leader
      • Divine Alter
      • Fortitude
      • Blessing of the Immortal
      • Life Essence
      • Empowerment
      • Discpline
      Decklist:

Resources:
      X4 Wakuna Coins
      X4 Howling Plains Bluegrass
      X9 Diamond Shard
      X7 Wild Shard
      Troops:
      • X3 Adamanthian Scrivener
      • X3 Righteous Paladin
      • X3 Sterling Starwatcher
      • X3 Prophet of the Sun
      • X2 Whispering Breeze
      • X3 Howling Brave
      • X2 Storm Rider
      • X1 Sight of the Sun
      • X2 Wakuna Starmender
      • x2 Martyred Saint
      • X2Cosmic Shaman
      Actions:
      • X2 Harvest Moon
      • X3 Totem Trap
      • x3 Repel
      Constants:
      • X2 Forever's Bloom
      Artifacts:
      • None
      Equipment:
      • Starmender's War Bonnet
      • Sigil of Grace
      • Gardening Shirt
      • Ink-Stained Gloves
      • Starmend Moccasins
      • Dreamcather's Staff
      Mercenaries:
      • Any
      Details:
      This deck is a life based troop deck that allows you to be able to lose your board state and comeback and win the game,.with the Forever's Bloom and the Righteous Paladin combo.and the martyred saint and prophecy cards for late game,with the Storm Riders to revert potenail threats.the Scriver, Palidan combo for early game wins. Hope you give it a try.
    • Class: Coyotle

Talents:
      • The Righteous Path
      • Faith in our Leader
      • Divine Alter
      • Fortitude
      • Blessing of the Immortal
      • Life Essence
      • Empowerment
      • Discpline
      Decklist:

Resources:
      X4 Wakuna Coins
      X4 Howling Plains Bluegrass
      X9 Diamond Shard
      X7 Wild Shard
      Troops:
      • X3 Adamanthian Scrivener
      • X3 Righteous Paladin
      • X3 Sterling Starwatcher
      • X3 Prophet of the Sun
      • X2 Whispering Breeze
      • X3 Howling Brave
      • X2 Storm Rider
      • X1 Sight of the Sun
      • X2 Wakuna Starmender
      • x2 Martyred Saint
      • X2Cosmic Shaman
      Actions:
      • X2 Harvest Moon
      • X3 Totem Trap
      • x3 Repel
      Constants:
      • X2 Forever's Bloom
      Artifacts:
      • None
      Equipment:
      • Starmender's War Bonnet
      • Sigil of Grace
      • Gardening Shirt
      • Ink-Stained Gloves
      • Starmend Moccasins
      • Dreamcather's Staff
      Mercenaries:
      • Any
      Details:
      This deck is a life based troop deck that allows you to be able to lose your board state and comeback and win the game,.with the Forever's Bloom and the Righteous Paladin combo.and the martyred saint and prophecy cards for late game,with the Storm Riders to revert potenail threats.the Scriver, Palidan combo for early game wins. Hope you give it a try.
    • Class: Cleric (Female Coyotle named Zephyr)

Talents
      :
      • Pray
      • Hale
      • Healing Aura
      • The Righteous Path
      • Blessed Birth
      • Altar of Might
      • Diligent Study
      • Armed Against the Darkness
      • Cleanse
      • Premonitions
      • Stout
      • Ample Supplies

Decklist: 100 cards deck

Resources:
      • 11x Diamond Shard
      • 11x Wild Shard
      • 4x Howling Plains Bluegrass
      • 2x Mentor's Keepsake
      • 4x Wakuna Coins
      • 4x Well of Life
      Troops:
      • 3x Adamanthian Scrivener
      • 3x Howling Brave
      • 2x Adaptatron
      • 2x Elder of Visions
      • 2x Mentor of the Wind
      • 2x Mightsinger of Ages
      • 2x Righteous Paladin
      • 2x Warparty Guide
      • 3x Ethereal Healer
      • 3x Mesa Totemist
      • 2x Prophet of the Sun
      • 2x Rhythmic Spiritualist
      • 2x Rune Ear Hierophant [Major Wild Orb of Cultivation / Minor Diamond of Wind]
      • 1x Sight of the Sun
      • 2x Ghost Howler
      • 2x Moonrise Elder [Major Wild Orb of Conjuration]
      • 2x Thunderbolt Warden
      • 2x Crocosaur
      • 2x Dreamweaver Ancient
      • 2x Eternal Bastion
      • 2x Forever's Child
      • 1x Juurdin
      • 2x Wakuna Starmender
      • 2x Wildwood Beastcaller
      • 2x Cosmic Shaman [Major Wild Orb of Conjuration / Minor Diamond of Wind]
      • 1x Ozawa, Cosmic Elder
      Actions:
      • 3x Chlorophyllia
      • 2x Bring To Justice
      Constants:
      • 2x Decree of Banishing
      • 2x Forever's Bloom
      Artifacts:
      • 2x Locket of Reflection
      Equipment:
      • Adaptive Helm
      • Prophetical Pipe
      • Gardening Shirt
      • Ink-Stained Gloves
      • Ethereal Coated Boots
      • Totem Crush Maul
      Mercenaries:
      • Aethynia
      • Tafford the Tireless
      • Spirit of the Triumvirate (upgraded)

Details:
      I went the 100-cards deck route, mainly to benefit from many talents and effects added, adapting the shards base to fit and avoid a maximum of "shards screwed" situations. Many troops are 2-ofs because I like the diversity of available Coyotle, Clerics and I wanted to exploit the Locket of Reflection artifact as much as possible. All this can lead to extreme cases where you have Locket of Reflection and Divine Altar in play at the same time, and as soon as you play something (a Cleric or a Blessing mainly), you fill your board pretty quickly. Every troop has a utility and will do its job, whatever it is. I also selected the Mercenaries for their backup / support roles, being available for specific encounters whenever needed, and having a passive that can synergize well with our Coyotle Cleric (+ Health with Aethynia, + Blessings with Tafford the Tireless, and enhanced troops with Spirit of the Triumvirate).

Hope you enjoy my version, thanks for reading (and maybe trying it out) :)
      The silent death always comes from behind... so you'd better watch your back!

KS Dungeon Crawler / Pro Player -|- Member of The Unnamed-Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild -|- Known Issues
    • As the deadline has now passed, here are the following decks that have been submitted (that I think meet the requirements at first glance with some leeway - let me know if I've missed something or made an error):

Clerics:
      Mages:
      Warriors:
      Rangers:
      (You guys really like Coyotle Clerics, heh.)

~~~

Last piece of administration for this particular bounty: Please do not edit your submitted decks as deadline has passed. Please allow 1-2 weeks for testing and deliberation. Feel free to post your thoughts of the decks above and rate them.

Thanks to everyone who participated and the Orc Bounty has started as well!
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher
    • After testing and with CoachFliperon's help, the final decisions are as follows:

Cleric: Stormshard - Highly consistent, Coyotle focused, and it's pretty fast.

Mage: Blackwood - Reminds me of your typical Mage class... huge burst potential when it goes off due to prophecy.

Warrior: Tekumel - Consistent, solid deck.

Ranger: Arcanyx

Innovative: Stormshard - I think this was one of the first 100 card decks for Coyotles we've seen that has performed exceptionally well.

Well done to everyone who participated for Coyotle month. Rewards should be going out soon-ish.
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher