Constructed ladder : a family business ?

• Constructed ladder : a family business ?

average monthly wage in :
      Ukraine : $202
      Pakistan : $269
      Egypte : $180

And I can list 20 others countries with a average monthly wage under $300

So considering a dad, a mum and 3 children playing Hex and climbing the ladder 10 hours a days.
      This family are able to gather 35 packs in 2 days or 420 packs in 1 month with multiple accounts

Selling them $1 each. This family earn $500 every month playing HEX (counting primal proc).. 2times the average wage of this family s country.

It is what is happening right now in Hex with so many players selling packs $1 each on this forum with a very important stock which seem replenish very quickly ?

If what I describe is a real thing, what Hex is waiting to stop this kind of business which will hurt the economic model of the game very hard and very fast?

The post was edited 2 times, last by Gregangel ().

• Er, technically, in your example, it is one person per account (or at least, that's how I read it). Even then, you'd have to prove that they are in fact creating multiple accounts for one person.

Otherwise, HXE would have to ban anyone playing from the same IP at the same time that isn't a KSer.

If an entire household wants to play, as long as they each have their own account, what is the problem?
      HEX Support | HEX CoC | HEX T&C

Twitch | Steam | HEX Furs Telegram | Sterling Starwatcher
    • Gregangel wrote:

It is what is happening right now in Hex with so many players selling packs $1 each on this forum with a very important stock which seem replenish very quickly ?
      Yes, this is definitely what's happening. All around the world families of 5 have managed to put together 5 decks that can quickly and easily grind up to Cosmic and spend all day doing so, because it is apparently the most efficient use of their time. That's Occam's Razor in action right there.

I swear, this forum gets dumber every day.
    • why this is dumb.
      It is pretty easy to put together cheap and effective decks to climb the ladder and it could also be not cheap deck because it would be a clever investment.

And yes it could be a very efficient use of their time if that allows them to get a very good income in their third world country they live.

I would do exactly that if I d live in such country.

The way and the pace some here sell pack for $1 each make me think this is exactly what is going on. It could also be a even worst and shaddier than that
    • Where are all of these $1 Scars of War packs? I'll buy 'em. ;) Seriously...

This was much more likely because of the exchange rate issues prior to the GF > HEX publishing transfer. Now that everyone is paying the correct price for Platinum, packs that cheap will be few and far between.
      Hex: Shards of Fate KS | Producer | Bounty of the Magus Highlands Magus

"Hoarded or shared, knowledge is the most fearsome weapon of all."
      "The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
      "Speed is far more important than size when determining the power of a strike."
      "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."
    • Yeah, I'm sure having high speed internet and buying 5 laptops capable of running a Hex client at anything but a snails pace is just a given for these struggling families.

Going to an internet cafe isn't an option either when the hourly costs would be higher than their earn rate.

Even in some bizarro world where they do manage to find a way to feed their families from playing Hex, god bless em. We should be happy to buy their boosters and support them, similar to how we help single mothers and aspiring college students at the local strip club. :saint:
    • MealyMouth wrote:

Even in some bizarro world where they do manage to find a way to feed their families from playing Hex, god bless em. We should be happy to buy their boosters and support them, similar to how we help single mothers and aspiring college students at the local strip club. :saint:
      Your altruism is unmatched! ;)

I love HEX, but I couldn't play any game enough to feed my family. :P

"The Magi of the Carloth highlands are renowned for their enthusiasm and generosity."
      "One needs no armor if both your mind and your fist are faster than your enemy's."
    • It seems very strange for me. Even if it was the case, I don't see anything wrong with it. Although, there're not that much paypal sellers, and most of them (or whom I deal with) were US or EU based. So, most of the times, sellers are just old time players with lots of plat to spend (or simply they took advantage of old GF currency exchange).

In other games, farming might be possible, but in Hex is hard to do it for a living. You can get free stuff, and sometimes a nice return, but that doesn't justify spending 8 or 10 hours doing it for a living. A middle-class family probably wins more combined between mom and dad than the average salary. And if they don't, playing Hex is not the way to make it.

Transience wrote:

I would totally support and love seeing Twitch streams of a nice Egyptian family climbing the ladder and pwning all of the pro's out there while making a decent living for themselves. <3
      Specially if they're Al-Ahly fans, best football club in Africa.

Sorry for the OT.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Yasi wrote:

Gregangel wrote:

It could also be a even worst and shaddier than that
      *gasp* Y-you don't suppose they're using child labor to farm these packs?!
      more something like this
      google.fr/amp/s/amp.theguardia…ners-internet-gaming-scam

You know the way Hex economy is built with a free2play side and a trade side make the game certainly one of the most perfect place to that sort of shoddy business.

Certainly not with a same magnitude because Hex is still a little business but this kind of practice at a family level is perfectly possible if Hex is not vigilant enough.
    • Colin wrote:

Where are all of these $1 Scars of War packs? I'll buy 'em. ;) Seriously...

This was much more likely because of the exchange rate issues prior to the GF > HEX publishing transfer. Now that everyone is paying the correct price for Platinum, packs that cheap will be few and far between.

You can find 3 or 4 thread on this forum about people selling lots of packs at a relatively fast pace for $1

Maybe it is still a after effect of exchange rate but as from now I see not slowdown more the opposite
    • Gregangel wrote:

why this is dumb.
      It is pretty easy to put together cheap and effective decks to climb the ladder and it could also be not cheap deck because it would be a clever investment.

And yes it could be a very efficient use of their time if that allows them to get a very good income in their third world country they live.

I would do exactly that if I d live in such country.

The way and the pace some here sell pack for $1 each make me think this is exactly what is going on. It could also be a even worst and shaddier than that
      Firstly, it's dumb because if they were doing that, why would they choose Hex?
      Secondly, it's dumb because they would require several hundred dollars worth of equipment to run five versions of Hex on.
      Thirdly, it's dumb because if it takes 5 people, then $500 a month isn't twice $202 per person, it's half.
      Fourthly, it's dumb because your base assumption appears to be ~10 hours a day, ~30 days a month.
      Fifthly, it's dumb because 18 seconds of thought by someone that isn't dumb would make it quite clear that it isn't happening.

And finally, the Third World is no longer used to describe nations or areas of the world, nor has it been since the fall of the Soviet Union. If you're going to make insane unsubstantiated claims about rubbish, at least get the nomenclature correct.
    • Gregangel wrote:

Colin wrote:

Where are all of these $1 Scars of War packs? I'll buy 'em. ;) Seriously...

You can find 3 or 4 thread on this forum about people selling lots of packs at a relatively fast pace for $1

Maybe it is still a after effect of exchange rate but as from now I see not slowdown more the opposite
      I don't think you understand the scale I work on. ;)

Also, 50 packs every couple of weeks by a couple of people? Even I generate that much potential from Drafts considering packs won and the potential for selling rares (if I ever sold anything).