[evolved sealed Topic] Here the point about evolved sealed and the new season

• [evolved sealed Topic] Here the point about evolved sealed and the new season

Well, I come here because the topic about the helps you give to me will be closed soon:
      board.hex.gameforge.com/index.…lding-like-the-noob-i-am/

I asked myself about move the old topic here, but I think it's better to renew entirely the topic. What do you think?

Many points was changed after the rotation:

- Gorn is nerfed, the charge-cost become 4, fair enough and that will change the meta .
      - Uzzul is removed, that mean triple shard threshold is close to be dangerous, maybe the third colour can be take for as splash, but limited at 1 or 2 and only if there are bomb
      - Old cards taunted the player to use ruby or blood usually, but numerous blast are removed and now, all colours are balanced
      - Conscript cards are really powerful... really! Even if it's based only of luck, a conscription can become a random bomb whose finish the game quickly!

I made already 2 evo here with the new season, I was "lucky" to get the news double shard "Well of..." on all of them, even if they was not at the right colour for the sealed.

The first one was average. I played Ruby-blood with wild splash, not enough removal and not really bomb or evasive troops, I only tried to be aggressive with the guard diligence whose forbid troops to block. I really feel the nerf of Gorn here! Only two wins.

The second one was sapphire-diamond, I get all cards necessary to be annoying: exhausting cards, tales for draw more cards, blue conscription for random evasive troop, diamond removal like the one whose force troops to inflict damage to itself, cycling shards with the good colour... in fact, I had already all the cards I need at the first round. the additional packs give to me no more useful cards! 5 wins, 0 loss!

Tomorrow, I will open a third sealed, I think I will made the same thing that the precedent topic: I will screenshot my picks and will suggest what kind of deck I can make and what champion I must choose. That should be also cool to talk about the first impression after the rotation :) .
      I must remember to ask the support to change my name but... meh, I'm lazy and I forget. So maybe I deserve that
    • Sorry about times I wait before the next post, but... well... I was a bit busy, especially with the French presidential election (now? It's over. Yes, there still 2 candidates and 2 weeks, but it's a piece of joke and the worst election I ever seen since 2002...).

So, I get an bad picks here with those cards:

hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=212602

A Wild/Blood deck with Sapphire splash (For Shroud and flight) was built. Scrounge capacity and 3 conscript cards can make some tricks, but it's not powerful.

I loss 1 game here, I wish to get at least one win for deal with the 100plats for a pack... so, where is my mistake?

- There are nothing in diamond, it's obvious to exclude it.
      - Blood cards are good, but not powerful troops.
      - Not enough blast in Ruby
      - Sapphire are cool, but no powerful troops
      - Wild is... meh, average with 2 conscript

It's a bit desperate in fact ^^" .

I already play a draft, and after 2 evo, I can say it's hard to play when opponent play many conscript cards: those cards give potential new Rare/legends cards and falsify the rarity balance, even if there are piece of crap on rare cards.
      I don't know equally what champions I must play :/ .
      I must remember to ask the support to change my name but... meh, I'm lazy and I forget. So maybe I deserve that
    • If reservers is rest of your pool its prety damn crayz good therroz deck. the saphire troops yuo get are actualy very good. Your wild is very very good. Far from meh.

This format is completyl different from the previous one.

2 dread deployments, 2 wilds favours,arcane soil, dread trnasport, tech-tician ,jorgens work shop probe warped here and also 2 puffbals are all crazy good W/S therroz cards. Websciibe, duskwing, tech-tician and cloudbounder are very very goood saphire commons.
      Seems like you are trying evaluate cards in context of last set which is incorrect.

Basicaly you build a deck which makes a lot of drealdings and use therroz charge powet to make insane amount of damage out of no whehere.

Simple examples.. techtician into dread transport and than you have wilf favor or dread deployment - for 4 mana you have 6 dreadlings hitting for 3 which is already 18 dmg. NOt many conscripts can help your oponents if you have such huge damage swings early.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Elwinz ().

• There is no reason to splash sapphire here. Shroud is generally a bad card and cloud bounder doesn't justify the increased chance of threshold issues.

Diamond and ruby are clearly unplayable as you said; there aren't enough cards. The other three shards are all relatively decent for a dreadling deck. I'd say your options are as follows;

B/W Takahiro
      9x Blood Shard
      8x Wild Shard
      1x Deathseeker
      3x Tomb Swap
      1x Wicked Webspawn
      1x Webspinner Prelate
      2x Shadowblade Slicer
      1x Butcher
      1x Cheap Shot
      1x Dread Transport
      1x Cottontail Warcaller
      1x Determined Bushi
      1x Aryndel Monk
      1x Call of the Deepwood
      1x Probewarped Hare
      2x Potent Puffball
      2x Wild's Favor
      1x Sparklecap (+1/+0 crush)
      1x Moshpit Gladiator (blood evasion)
      1x Silencing Sneak

This deck is a little slow, but has some strong synergies. Wild's Favor + Potent Puffballs can burst people down. Tomb Swap + Shadowblade Slicer or Cottontail Warcaller can give you massive card advantage. This is lacking some card draw and lifegain that you would ideally want.

S/W Therroz
      8x Sapphire Shard
      8x Wild Shard
      1x Scrios Coins
      1x Tech-tician
      2x Webscribe
      1x Vigilant Duskwing
      2x Wild's Favor
      1x Sparklecap (dreadlings)
      1x Probewarped Hare
      2x Potent Puffball
      1x Jorgen's Workshop
      1x Mechanized Gemscout (dreadlings)
      1x Guardian Gralk
      2x Dread Deployment
      1x Arcane Soil
      1x Determined Bushi
      1x Cloud Bounder
      1x Call of the Deepwood
      1x Aryndel Monk
      2x Silencing Sneak
      1x Dread Transport

This list is all in on the combo kill. You have 5 sources of massive dreadling generation (wild's favor, arcane soil, dread deployment) as well as 5 other smaller sources. You then have 3 ways to buff the dreadlings in addition to always having Therroz. The deck is a little lighter on underworld troops than ideal and has no real removal as its drawbacks.

S/B Takahiro
      9x Blood Shard
      7x Sapphire Shard
      1x Scrios Coins
      2x Websribe
      1x Vigilant Duskwing
      1x Tech-tician
      1x Jorgen's Workshop
      1x Guardian Gralk
      2x Dread Deployment
      1x Cloud Bounder
      1x Dread Transport
      3x Tomb Swap
      1x Wicked Webspawn
      1x Webspinner Prelate
      2x Shadowblade Slicer
      1x Deathseeker
      1x Cheap Shot
      1x Butcher
      1x Illusory Form

This is also a fairly slow deck, but its more controlling than the other two. You're goal is going to be to stall out the early game with webscribes and cheap removal. Eventually you will build up to where you can start chain Illusory Form/Tomb Swapping your Shadowblade Slicers and then win with your flying / evasion troops.

Honestly I think any of those three decks would be viable for your first win. This pool is definitely above average for the start of an EVO run, and depending what you get pack 1 will shape which deck standouts.
    • Dread deployment? not a crap? O_o .
      Puffball seems week, unfactionned and heavy to play :/ .

Well... I played dreadlings decks before in construct... and I destroyed them after too much looses... I thought that dreadlings strategy is crap, but maybe it's simply not my style of game :/ . Dread deployment by example: that give 2-4 creatures 1/1 blockable sacrifiable... even a blast is more efficient, that why I see those cards so useless.

I'll train again with a dreadlings deck before this evo... meh, I don't feel fun but look like I have no choices (In add of this, I loose a second game ^^" ).
    • You have to look at every format differently, different things work in different format. Dreadling is not as good in standard - S/W Dreadling all-in is the only competitive deck I think and it's not tier 1, I assume, but it is far from useless - but in limited, it is tier 1. Therroz is the champion with second highest win rate in limited and one of the strongest Therroz synergy is dreadling.

Puffball isn't essential but things like Dread Deployment or Wild's Favor simply win limited games when you have them. It is very unlikely for most people to be able to defend efficiently against a turn 3 Dread Deployment with Tech-tician in play. That is 4x 3-3 coming at your opponent at the minimum. Or you can hold your Therroz power and accumulate a huge board later and win by swinging with a much wider board than your opponent.
    • Well.... I get an lucky/unfair win: My opponent surrender during mulligan ^^" .

The new cards are:
      Ruby:
      - Scar of war
      - Ruthless Cutthoat
      - Explosive interlude
      - Feed the flames
      - Mechanized compactor
      - Stalagmage

Diamond:
      - Diamond favor
      - Staunch Resolve

Wild:
      - Ambershire Cavalry
      - Crossing Sword

Blood:
      - Tale of Undead
      - Milky Eye Venom
      - Tomb swap (again!)
      - Furious smasher

Sapphire:
      - Magnetise
      - Cloud Bounder
      - Wesbcribe

It seems I get many ruby cards here, and I get a nice rare, but I think It's not enought to change colour.
      Nothing in diamond and wild
      In blood, 3 good cards
      2 good cards in Sapphire

With this pack, I will try the Sapphire/blood deck proposed by Angmar:

9x Blood Shard
      7x Sapphire Shard
      1x Scrios Coins
      2x Websribe -1
      1x Vigilant Duskwing
      1x Tech-tician
      1x Jorgen's Workshop
      - 1x Guardian Gralk
      2x Dread Deployment
      1x Cloud Bounder +1
      1x Dread Transport
      3x Tomb Swap +1 AND/OR +1 Magnetise
      1x Wicked Webspawn
      1x Webspinner Prelate
      2x Shadowblade Slicer
      1x Deathseeker
      1x Cheap Shot
      1x Butcher
      -1x Illusory Form
      + 1x Milky eye venom

The post was edited 1 time, last by stupidity ().

• stupidity wrote:

Dread deployment? not a crap? O_o .
      Puffball seems week, unfactionned and heavy to play :/ .

Well... I played dreadlings decks before in construct... and I destroyed them after too much looses... I thought that dreadlings strategy is crap, but maybe it's simply not my style of game :/ . Dread deployment by example: that give 2-4 creatures 1/1 blockable sacrifiable... even a blast is more efficient, that why I see those cards so useless.

I'll train again with a dreadlings deck before this evo... meh, I don't feel fun but look like I have no choices (In add of this, I loose a second game ^^" ).
      Right now... dreadlings are extremely dominant in limited. Basically our current limited format has 2 s-tier archetypes: S/D Flyer and S/X Dreadlings(Wild or Blood are the two best secondary shards for dreadlings). (There are several A-Tier archetypes that are still strong... but those two are clearly the strongest)

In the dreadling archetype, it's mostly about getting 8+ dreadlings on the board at once, buff them with tectician/therroz/puffball/etc. and then doing an all in that has so many swinging troops for 3-5 damage that there's no way they can all be blocked.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Well... I get a second win before the third loss: Flyer deck seems more powerfull and faster than Dreadlings :/ .

Anyway, I can't get more booster without 24hours non-stop of farming, so... let's see for the next one. At least, I get a legendary chest I will sell for 75 plats ^^
    • Flying circus is archetype with the highest win rate in limited so yeah on powerful. I disagree with faster though. Dreadling with the right cards is much faster. The flying cards don't have a lot of attacks, they just fly over you every turn and chips away at you consistently, but not bursting you from 23 to 0 in one turn.