Draft Gauntlet feedback

• still a huge fan of the new draft gauntlet, but it would be even better if there is 1 pack for 1 win - the rare can be fine if you get a good one, but all in all id prefer to get a pack for a cheaper buyin as other ppl alrdy mentioned.

1 win 1 pack
      2 win 2 pack
      3 win 5 pack

imo rewarding this 1 pack for 1 win would engage ppl to play more draft which would result in a higher amount of plat spent/bought as when you scrub out with 0 packs and are unhappy and dont want to play another one with the whole buyin, also the amount of drafts fired might increase.

those are all assumptions but i think they are fair regarding the psychological mind of us humans :D
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

imo rewarding this 1 pack for 1 win would engage ppl to play more draft which
      I mean, any increase in prizes would increase players activity. We already have sealed and evo to give players easily accessible prizes when they have poor records. I was under the impression draft was supposed to be the more competitive format, thus the more top end prizes.

The players winning 33% of their matches are already getting account XP and ladder progress. Not sure why they need prizes on top of that for having a poor record.
    • I really wish Hex would do a in client poll and say do you want the reward structure for gauntlet draft to change. I would bet a spectral oak the majority would say yes.

Sometimes you have to build it before they come. Two seperate draft queues is optimal; a 8-4 in pod draft and a swiss out of pod draft.

Going to Jeff's comment above, if they wanted draft to be the high end competitive stuff then they should have the ladder rankings waited HEAVILY in favor of draft.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pandaemonium ().

• Pandaemonium wrote:

Two seperate draft queues is optimal; a 8-4 in pod draft and a swiss out of pod draft.
      I don't think making people wait an obnoxious about of time to play their matches for good prizes is optimal at all. The people who want to keep the worst parts of papers TCGs in Hex confuse me :( You shouldn't have to pick between competitive prizes and not wasting your time.

Pandaemonium wrote:

if they wanted draft to be the high end competitive stuff then they should have the ladder rankings waited HEAVILY in favor of draft.
      Would very much be in favor of this.
    • JeffHoogland wrote:

Cernz wrote:

imo rewarding this 1 pack for 1 win would engage ppl to play more draft which
      I mean, any increase in prizes would increase players activity. We already have sealed and evo to give players easily accessible prizes when they have poor records. I was under the impression draft was supposed to be the more competitive format, thus the more top end prizes.
      The players winning 33% of their matches are already getting account XP and ladder progress. Not sure why they need prizes on top of that for having a poor record.

id say - 1 less pack for 3-0 is less bad than 1 more pack for 1-3 but maybe thats just me - i play for fun and im not a pro like you ofc :whistling:
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

id say - 1 less pack for 3-0 is less bad than 1 more pack for 1-3 but maybe thats just me - i play for fun and im not a pro like you ofc :whistling:
      Why are you so insistent on adding the extra pack? 4-2-2-2-1-1 has all the benefits that you are talking about and has any chance of being implemented because it doesn't add one.
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

You want to hurt the winners payout that much? You will lose More players than you would gain cutting top prize to 4 packs
      I know you're a very skilled drafter, so I totally understand why you have this perspective. However, if you think about it logically, there are at least 2-3 times as many people who go 1-2 as go 3-0, so logically giving those people a prize will make more people happy than the number of people hurt by the top prize change.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • lets do this real quick....

You played 4 drafts finishing 3-0 2-1 1-1 (or 1-2) and 0-1 or 0-2

Original pod payout would be 5,3,2,0 so 10 packs earned

Current prize structure would be 6,2,0,0 + random rare

Suggested payout would be 4,2,1,0

So i went from 12 packs in 10 packs out + 10 primal chances to 8 packs and 8 primal chances and you want me to them get even less just so you feel better about going 1-2?

Not every tournament has to cater to new players. Tournaments are supposed to be competitive, not everyone is a winner, people are meant to lose
    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

Not every tournament has to cater to new players. Tournaments are supposed to be competitive, not everyone is a winner, people are meant to lose
      Long-term, you're right. Short-term, you're wrong.

In the end, you need to build a playerbase before you can have high end tournaments. You don't build a playerbase by alienating people and making the 'high end' tournaments have no entry level.

The on-demand tournaments ARE the entry level right now. Clash/CCS is the high end tournament.

jvluso wrote:

Neither of you will ever agree about this. That's why we have a compromise right now. Until the queues are populated enough that a split won't kill queue times, we are going to have deal with some sort of compromise.
      You said it yourself, the compromise right now is 'worst of both worlds'. That makes it a bad compromise. A good compromise takes good advantage of the benefits of both systems. We can compromise by simply adding an extra pack to 1-2 payouts. Nothing needs to be taken away, since we're already - on average - awarding fewer packs than before. There's little reason an extra pack shouldn't be sustainable, especially if it increases 'attendance'.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • I think Eraia's comment on having tournaments that make the game grow is spot on. I firmly believe that the current draft format does not help Hex do that.

Hex is in this weird spot where the higher end tournament (draft) is not the best way to qualify for the high end ladder tournament. But Hex wants to continue incentives for evo because it is the most popular. Maybe that is the biggest issue.
    • EVO is a new player tournament mode. Once again... Not every tournament has to be new player friendly

Analogy time... Forcing sharks into shallow water is a good way to lose some limbs.

As long as only 1 draft queue exists it will never be new player friendly due to how many experienced players are in there

1 final observation... why are we all of the mindset that a lack of casual friendly payouts would scare new players away because personally if i was a new player i wouldn't play because of a lack of top heavy tournaments

The post was edited 2 times, last by AnomalyCobra ().

• AnomalyCobra wrote:

EVO is a new player tournament mode. Once again... Not every tournament has to be new player friendly

Analogy time... Forcing sharks into shallow water is a good way to lose some limbs.

As long as only 1 draft queue exists it will never be new player friendly due to how many experienced players are in there
      The ladder forces sharks to go to evo, it is already happening and has since ladder started. The only way to stop that is to HEAVILY weight ladder rankings to draft wins.