Card Crafting

• Card Crafting

Has there been any word about dusting your extra cards and card crafting been a long time since I have heard anything about this so I might have missed it? Thank you.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Casus: Edit Casus | Threads related to card crafting were merged ().

• AceBladewing wrote:

That would be a terrible idea. I wouldn't want to get rid of permanent resources in exchange for temporary ones.
      Money is a lasting resource yet you exchange it for Platinum and digital goods which will only last as long as Hex does (which, if you didn't know, is not forever.) Not to mention other sources of entertainment which will last a lot less like a movie.
    • Utremeld wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

That would be a terrible idea. I wouldn't want to get rid of permanent resources in exchange for temporary ones.
      Money is a lasting resource yet you exchange it for Platinum and digital goods which will only last as long as Hex does (which, if you didn't know, is not forever.) Not to mention other sources of entertainment which will last a lot less like a movie.
      Actually currency (in its current fiat form) is not a lasting resource. It is arguable that the only lasting resources commonly used for exchange are precious metals. Not really on topic, but ......
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Then the crafting system probably isn't for you.

This is okay, not every part of the game is for every person. For example, Immortal is not for me and never will be, but it's definitely good that it exists.

For me, there are a lot of relatively worthless items I own that will likely never be worth something... and if I have the option to turn 'nothing' into 'fun', I'd be all over it.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Then the crafting system probably isn't for you.
      This is okay, not every part of the game is for every person. For example, Immortal is not for me and never will be, but it's definitely good that it exists.

For me, there are a lot of relatively worthless items I own that will likely never be worth something... and if I have the option to turn 'nothing' into 'fun', I'd be all over it.
      You don't even know what crafting will be to say it's not for me. In most crafting systems, when you destroy permanent resources to get crafting materials, they are then used to make other (usually exclusive) permanent resources. And, when you find the crafting materials as part of playing, then they are usually used to make consumables. Our situation of material gathering will be the former.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

In most crafting systems, when you destroy permanent resources to get crafting materials, they are then used to make other (usually exclusive) permanent resources. And, when you find the crafting materials as part of playing, then they are usually used to make consumables. Our situation of material gathering will be the former.
      Not always. It's nowhere near that cut and dry. I've seen effective systems that work both ways, and I've seen ineffective systems that work both ways.

I highly doubt you'll be able to make cards from the crafting system. Consumables, possibly equipment... but probably not cards. Maybe a couple of specific, exclusive pve cards.

If I'm being honest, I don't actually see them doing a crafting system... it just seems like it's too late for that. People have way too much stuff right now. Unless they make it so that the crafting only applies to sets going forward, and not old stuff. That's possible.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• Eraia wrote:

Not always. It's nowhere near that cut and dry. I've seen effective systems that work both ways, and I've seen ineffective systems that work both ways.
      Of course not always, I said in most systems, not all. Don't pretend I said something I didn't please.

Eraia wrote:

I highly doubt you'll be able to make cards from the crafting system. Consumables, possibly equipment... but probably not cards. Maybe a couple of specific, exclusive pve cards.
      I'm not sure where your doubt comes from. There's nothing that would be hurt by having crafting-exclusive or alternate art PVE cards. Of course, that doesn't say there can't be equipment and other things as well. But you act like being able to craft cards from the crafting system is somehow bad, and I see no reasoning given behind this.

Eraia wrote:

If I'm being honest, I don't actually see them doing a crafting system... it just seems like it's too late for that. People have way too much stuff right now. Unless they make it so that the crafting only applies to sets going forward, and not old stuff. That's possible.
      Honest you may be, but that doesn't prevent you from being wrong. Crafting was promised in the Kickstarter, so it will have to happen. Not only was it promised, but it was promised at LAUNCH as the 440k stretch goal.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Honest you may be, but that doesn't prevent you from being wrong. Crafting was promised in the Kickstarter, so it will have to happen.
      Sometimes kickstarter promises have to be abandoned. I've seen a lot of games make promises in kickstarter that simply proved impossible. While it sucks when it happens, and people always make a big fuss... sometimes the game is better for the developers making the decision that a kickstarter promise was a mistake.

• Eraia wrote:

Sometimes kickstarter promises have to be abandoned. I've seen a lot of games make promises in kickstarter that simply proved impossible. While it sucks when it happens, and people always make a big fuss... sometimes the game is better for the developers making the decision that a kickstarter promise was a mistake.
      And sometimes when that happens, companies are forced to refund Kickstarter money. There's plenty of examples of that happening, and they're smart enough to not even chance that happening. Stretch goals are especially scrutinized in this department, since it goes out of the way to give even more incentives to collect money.
    • Why are we arguing about whether or not permanent cards will be created, when literally the only example we have creates a permanent card?

4 Mystic Squirrel -> 1 Spectral Acorn.

PvE cards will be able to be created. Certainly not any card like in Hearthstone, but not having exclusive crafted cards would just be a silly decision.

I'm also hoping that Promos, discontinued rares, and discontinued legendaries can't be broken down. That would both have some warping effects on the economy and create the potential from some really expensive misclicks. (Oh, my $60 Stormcoat is now $1 worth of crafting components...)
    • Being able to break down excess equipment would really help with removing the disappointment of getting duplicates, and could potentially add some value to equipment too. I would even be happy with some sort of terrible upgrade mechanism such as 100:1 common to uncommon.

I think Galliard makes a good point. Although, while I would never destroy a Stormcoat, I would like to get rid of Umbrellas.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

They should do like other games and allow you to "lock" cards so that they cannot be destroyed until unlocked. They can even have a setting so cards a certain rarity or source come default locked.
      Being able to lock mercenaries would nice too, while they're at it.

I keep getting paranoid I'll do something stupid like sell both my Aethynias instead of one.
    • Eraia wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

In most crafting systems, when you destroy permanent resources to get crafting materials, they are then used to make other (usually exclusive) permanent resources. And, when you find the crafting materials as part of playing, then they are usually used to make consumables. Our situation of material gathering will be the former.

actually, if you go back and watch some of the videos you will see they did talk about crafting cards (and possibly equipment, been a bit since I watched those videos). in fact, they even said they have considered allowing some pvp commons and uncommons to be craftable. I have no doubt consumables will still be the primary use of crafting but I am also sure it will include cards (especially pve cards).

I have no doubt that they will follow through on the promise of the crafting system. so what if we get a glut of stuff while we work through the glut of built up duplicates? Things like this have already happened in Hex with the chests so I see no reason not to do something because it would happen again.
    • Suggestion: Players can sacrifice 3 PvP cards from same set with same raraty and get 1 cards from same set with same raraty.

Sacrifice 3 set 1 commens and get a total ramdon set 1 common 1 card.
      Maybe 1-2% chance of getting a higher tie card than sacrificed.

PvE cards can be sacrificed for gold or a gold spin. (Higher rarat PvE cards gives more gold).
      My idea is a cards sink for unwanted cards.