Card Crafting

• AceBladewing wrote:

Players have been denied years of crafting, so it makes sense that when it's released we'll have an overflow of mats. They'll just have to make sure we have enough stuff to use it for.
      So basically you want them to work on NOTHING but designing crafting for like a year so they can deal with the glut? I see.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • In HS they have crafting because they dont have an AH so in HS players destroy there unwanted cards.

In HEX all non-locked cards can be sold for gold in AH - many for less the 10 gold but all cards can be sold for gold...
      Why do we need crafting in HEX ??

IMO HEX will never allow players to craft cash cards for free...

Maybe they could do somthng like: destroy 100 common cards and get a common cards upgraded from normal version to AA version ofcause only cetain cards could be upgraded to AA version. Alternativ: destroy 3 common PvP cards and get a randon PvP common card.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Yes Mr. Hyperbole, that's exactly what I said.
      No, actually. I think in order to create enough interesting things to deal with the glut we're going to have, they'd literally have to release hundreds of items from the crafting, possibly thousands - there are people who are going to have hundreds of thousands of crafting materials when this releases. If you want there to be enough items to appeal to them, the items either have to be so insanely expensive that they're unattainable for anyone else, or you're going to need at least several hundred items. Hundreds of items enters into the territory where it's multiple pvp sets worth of items. So maybe a year is a slight exaggeration, but you're talking like 6-8 months of design time to get the type of numbers of items that you want them to release. So maybe not an entire year, but not far off.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• It's not an all or nothing situation. Just because people will potentially have a buttload of materials doesn't mean you have to release all crafted reeards at once. They could do one set's crafts at a time, for example. Most people would be happy with this approach only for the benefit of a leaner collection.

Once they have the crafting mechanics in place all they have to do to expand it is add new craft materials/rewards, which can be done quickly in stages.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

It's not an all or nothing situation. Just because people will potentially have a buttload of materials doesn't mean you have to release all crafted reeards at once. They could do one set's crafts at a time, for example. Most people would be happy with this approach only for the benefit of a leaner collection.

Once they have the crafting mechanics in place all they have to do to expand it is add new craft materials/rewards, which can be done quickly in stages.
      It kind of is though... because if you only release a few items, those items will immediately be worthless because too many people are able to craft them right away. And if everything in the crafting system immediately becomes worthless, people will get angry at the system for not producing any value.

The only way I can see them doing it is if they make a 'legacy resource' that all existing items break down to as of the time the crafting system is released that has a few very costly exclusive AAs/sleeves/other cosmetics in it. And then start a 'new' crafting resource that is used going forward. That way we basically make the glut a non-issue. People probably wouldn't be happy with it, but it's really the only way I can see to address it without devoting an absurd amount of dev time to the system.

• Or, they release "normal" crafting recipes for AZ4 or whatever release we get it with. And then they also release crafting recipes for older content that require an order of magnitude more materials.

It's no different from when they released three sets worth of equipment at once.

Plus, I'll be shocked if the majority of crafting recipes don't require a material that only comes from breaking down something from the same source.

Example 1: An AA Cholorophylia would require something only available from Shards of Fate cards.
      Example 2: Vargar requires something from Brutecrown Bluff.
      Example 3: An equipment released with AZ24 requires something only available from cards released with AZ24.
    • Galliard wrote:

Or, they release "normal" crafting recipes for AZ4 or whatever release we get it with. And then they also release crafting recipes for older content that require an order of magnitude more materials.

It's no different from when they released three sets worth of equipment at once.

Plus, I'll be shocked if the majority of crafting recipes don't require a material that only comes from breaking down something from the same source.

Example 1: An AA Cholorophylia would require something only available from Shards of Fate cards.
      Example 3: An equipment released with AZ24 requires something only available from cards released with AZ24.
      What's the point in even having the 'standard' materials if they're so plentiful they're worthless?

Just as a placebo?

• Eraia wrote:

Galliard wrote:

Or, they release "normal" crafting recipes for AZ4 or whatever release we get it with. And then they also release crafting recipes for older content that require an order of magnitude more materials.

What's the point in even having the 'standard' materials if they're so plentiful they're worthless?
      Just as a placebo?
      The recipes based on older content will have substantially higher costs to absorb those materials. Just like the common AAs they sold absorbed surplus gold. Once they're depleted, their value stabilizes.

And requiring something from specific content prevents that surplus from completely deflating the "normal" recipes while the surplus is worked through. You might already have the 100 Wild fragments and 100 Ruby fragments to craft Myaa when AZ7 releases, but that only helps so much until you get an Ashwood Sapling from actual AZ7 content.

Plus, I'm not expecting common cards to be a good source of materials. They won't want to encourage farming AZ1 packs for the two commons each of them has. I'm expecting PvP uncommons and PvE rares to be the best sources of materials.
    • Eraia wrote:

Galliard wrote:

Just as a placebo?
      they won't be worthless forever...you keep imagining they will be but consumables are...consumed on use. as long as the consumables are worth using the glut of materials will slowly disappear. you don't need hundreds or thousands of things to craft to get rid of this glut, you only need good consumables that people want to use. In fact, I think it would be a good idea to release crafting with nothing but consumables at first to start eating through the glut of mats before we can craft cards and equipment with those mats. 50 good consumables would be more than enough to get this done, 25 would probably even work just fine.

Things are not as bleak when it comes to crafting as you seem convinced they will be. Consumables with effects we want to see will eat through the mats quickly enough.
    • Sukebe wrote:

Things are not as bleak when it comes to crafting as you seem convinced they will be. Consumables with effects we want to see will eat through the mats quickly enough.
      I can't imagine a consumable that would have an effect strong enough to matter. We already have a pretty strong PVE consumable, Spectral Acorns. I highly doubt we are destroying these at a high rate. I think I have popped 4, ever. Partly that's because replacing them in decks is a big hassle, but it's also because the content isn't hard enough to need consumables.
    • There is no need for dust because we have gold. The straight forward solution would be for Hex to buy back items for minimum price in gold. And some more gold sinks to compensate.

Or fold item destruction into building strong holds.

Either way Hex doesn't need a crafting system to fill some MMO checklist.
    • Sinkhole wrote:

There is no need for dust because we have gold. The straight forward solution would be for Hex to buy back items for minimum price in gold. And some more gold sinks to compensate.

Or fold item destruction into building strong holds.

Either way Hex doesn't need a crafting system to fill some MMO checklist.
      you may not care about crafting in hex but many, myself included do. I much prefer crafting to selling stuff to a vendor. just because you don't care about it does not mean it would not be good for the game as a whole
    • I think crafting should be used only for PvE cards, equips and cosmetics (sleeves, batllegrounds etc). Every card should be salvageable and there should be different tier of scraps. There should be new cards and equips that can be crafted and obtainable only through crafting.
      for example: salvaging common should give you just common scrap, uncommon gives uncommon scraps etc
      But there is conversion rate between common,uncommon,rare and legendary wich can be new gold sink etc.