Friday Update! 3.17.17

• Friday Update! 3.17.17

Happy St. Patrick's day!! don't forget to check out one of the best leprechaun based things of all time...

big update this week!
      I appreciated the Winter Moon shout out by our CCS champion Urshulgi, its always fun to learn a bit more about our HEX players and his excitement really makes the whole thing extra special. the meta was interesting, clearly there wasn't a ton of time between the launch of Scars of War and the tournament, it really challenged the deck builders to crack the meta quick, I think we has just started to see what SOW will mean in terms of constructed decks. I'm currently tinkering with a conscript deck I came up with (see attachment) ...not done but getting there

Also LOVING draft with SOW it totally reignited my passion for draft, I really like 6-6-5 (I'm sort of missing it for it the weekend as we do 6-6-6)

we mentioned the tournament improvements, this is a HUGE deal for us a real focus for the engineering team, part of the publishing move was setting up our own resources and that came with some hurdles, we are overcoming them and will be on track to launch the HEX CLASH with (I hope) zero bugs very soon... I am looking forward to a weekly limited format event, I think its just the sort of thing HEX really needs.

next up was the first COLLECTOR deck! I have to say finally seeing an animated CARD in play is pretty fucking awesome, I am surprised by how much I love it, certainly we will have to do more of this in the future, but I promise we will be careful not to OVER do it. I want to insure that some of our collectibles are paced in a way that makes you feel like you can follow along. We have a pretty good idea for the next Collector deck and we may mix up what comes with it...

I wont sway your sleeve vote BUT picking anything other than the Gallant Spearcliff is unthinkable!!!

we have the next Platinum Plunder coming up so you can get a second shot at the real prize... NINTH place and Salty Sam sleeve! its funny we had a HUGE discussion about the sleeve and the general consensus (not me) was players would be unhappy about a 9th place only prize but it seems like everyone got the joke and enjoyed the idea... (thankfully)

and finally we did the launch weekend again... I felt like the on again off again launch and all the tech problems left some people unable to play when they had the time set aside and I didn't want anyone to feel left out, plus more 6-6-6 is fun (although I may actually like 6-6-5 better), plus you HAVE to get your Llama Herders... as much as I like that scruffy dude, I'm SUPER happy to play with his more attractive counterpart... (seriously I made a deck around the Llama Herder and my excitement doubled when I realized I could use the AA version, I may be a bit nutty about card art)

hope you all have a great weekend and enjoyed the Friday update (see you in draft!)

love, Cory

here is a code...

67LCDULEM7KMWAMN9PJYQR6P7
      Images
      • deckCON.jpg

779.46 kB, 844×981, viewed 245 times
    • < 3 seeing you around Cory

Yeah 665 is possibly my favorite limited format so far. Really enjoying it. And I won't complain at another weekend to finish my set 6 playset in 666 either. (In fact I've gone from missing around 20 cards to just 5 already)

I'm looking forward to the tournament issues being fixed. I've been very reluctant to commit to tournaments because of the issue that's been around since the first platinum plunder and with that seemingly fixed I'm looking forward to playing a tournament where the results are from the players and not the server.

< 3 the collector deck. Seeing an animated card in game is great and I look forward to seeing more often in moderation (Though I dread of a day where we can have a whole deck of animated cards as well)

Agreed Gallant Spearcliff sleeve must happen!

I do love the idea of the salty sam sleeve. I honestly would like to see it be extended to be a general prize for all hex run tournaments with a cut to top 8.

I hope whoever decided to use the code enjoys it.
    • Corvus wrote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
      Congrats on a smooth release (in all my experience anyhoo), and for the super-snazzy AAA additions to the game.

P.S. I was a bit confused by the pop-up when redeeming the code, but if it was what I think it was then hearty thanks to ye Cory. :thumbsup:
      Dont leave me hanging man. I am almost certain I got the code first but had to wait 15 minutes for the darn client to update on the ONE day my boss asks me to work late haha. What wasss itttt
      Message me here! (Or in game)
    • Asimov wrote:

Corvus wrote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
      Congrats on a smooth release (in all my experience anyhoo), and for the super-snazzy AAA additions to the game.

P.S. I was a bit confused by the pop-up when redeeming the code, but if it was what I think it was then hearty thanks to ye Cory. :thumbsup:
      Dont leave me hanging man. I am almost certain I got the code first but had to wait 15 minutes for the darn client to update on the ONE day my boss asks me to work late haha. What wasss itttt
      Member of The Unnamed Council - the Hex TCG PvE Guild
    • Corvus wrote:

Asimov wrote:

Corvus wrote:

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I hate my life
      Message me here! (Or in game)
    • Wow a message from Cory.

First I have to say that having the ccs just weeks close to a release set is the best thing. It keeps people in suspense and the competitors can brew cool new decks that define the meta. I hope that you can continue to do it like that.

Second. The AAA card is just Awsome and the sleeves even cooler. I think it's a great idea to add stuff like that to hex and I hope to see you continue to do it.

I hope to also see soon new prebuilt deck as they were and easy acquisition for new players. Anything between 10 and 20$ that let's new players directly jump into ladder is great. I don't have the numbers like you guys do but each time anew player came people recommended those decks to those players.

Third. Can't wait for the clash. I won't be able to attend them every week but I'll plan 1x a month. I don't care for the money... I want those AA sleeves AA card and especially that board... Just can't wait.

Now the last thing that I dint understand and keep not understanding.

Why is the platinum plunder a free event? I get it gets people attracted to those events but you guys are setting precedence on big tournaments being free and we all know what happens if ever you guys make these kind of tournaments not free anymore. People will complain. Hope you have long term plans for this kind of tournaments.

Also, I wanted to ask, did you guys even think to make a qualifier for the ccs. What I mean is, I can't play enough hex to qualify on the ladder but I would love to play in it. Having 1 constructed and 1 sealed or draft ccs qualifier 1-2 weeks before the ccs and make top 8 the prize to qualify would be great. They would not be free of. Course to be fair with those that worked through the ladder but it would be something I would like

Thanks again for the update and hex is great
    • Thanks for the update message Cory.
      I got slammed by someone playing a very similar Conscript deck that yesterday ... Maybe it was you? :P I just couldn't get going after some rapid troop pump on the first few turns.

I bought the AAA deck in a heartbeat. I'm normally reasonably reserved with my spending but I really want to support you guys and things like this are just brilliant. The sleeve and animated card are a zillion times better than anything I thought possible. Kudos to the art and animation team.
      Definitely happy to see more of these, but great to hear the emphasis on moderation. A for my wallet and B just so that when you see one it's a nice treat and not just another AAA card.
    • Mejis wrote:

I got slammed by someone playing a very similar Conscript deck that yesterday ...
      You can see whether you played against it here, doubt anyone else is crazy enough to splash Cirouss in a conscript deck :P

Agree about 6-6-5 draft btw, I think it might actually be better than 1-1-1 because the first set made a bunch of color combinations viable due to sheer power level of a lot of commons but here there's a lot of exploration/possibilities due to interesting subtle synergies which is probably harder to achieve from a design standpoint. For example a card like Power and Pain can go in a evasive Gorn deck, it can go in a B/W conscript deck, it can go in a B/D Weeping Banshee socket deck, and it could even go in a control oriented B/S deck if you want to hold up a counter or Dingle for example..
    • Gregangel wrote:

HEXCoryJones wrote:

I wont sway your sleeve vote BUT picking anything other than the Gallant Spearcliff is unthinkable!!!
      and what about making the two : one for constructed ladder and the other for limited ladder.

You should always take the opportunity to make the players incentive to play more
      Good business rule!
      This seems like a nice idea! Except for me. I suck at limited :( this is my first season in which I get to gold (set 6 being great is a factor also).
      Twitter: @Plotynus