Hereafter + socketed troops and Nefarious Corruptor + Martyr

• Hereafter + socketed troops and Nefarious Corruptor + Martyr

Hi guys, i'm sorry for my bad english and if i posted in the wrong section, anyway there are 2 questions that i hope you will explain to me.

1) I don't understand why if i play Hereafter on a socketed troop and then i revert it for example with OVO power, that card lose all its socketed gems

2) If i give the effect of nefarious corruptor on an enemy troop then i play Martyr on that troop why it lose the effect of "2 damage per turn"? martyr don't say "revert" so why the effect won't stay?

Thank you.
    • Flegiaas wrote:

2) If i give the effect of nefarious corruptor on an enemy troop then i play Martyr on that troop why it lose the effect of "2 damage per turn"? martyr don't say "revert" so why the effect won't stay?
      When transforming a troop into a non-troop, it is supposed to be reverted as part of the process. This was a part of one of the earlier rule FAQs... but I don't know if it's been explicitly stated since
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • 2) Some older rule elaborations stated that when a card changes from 1 type to another (like a troop to a non-troop artifact, or a troop to an action), that all permanent modifiers on the card are lost.

1) I'm not as clear on why that is, but likely has to do with the way they changed how sockets work with set 6 rules clarifications. There was an article not long ago, that I'll have to double-check and read up on. Someone in my guild mentioned that too, and that it happens with Carrac and Zombies that get reverted as well.

hextcg.com/scars-of-war-rules-updates/

GEM POWERS

Similar to the threshold changes listed above, gems are no longer granted from one card to another card. Instead, cards grant a modifier which gives “all socketed powers of this.” This was removed for two reasons, the first of which was the UI. The old system required our UI to be infinitely scaling. When the gem itself was granted, it would stack up on the UI when you had more than two. We tried removing this UI problem by not showing additional granted gems, but this caused usability issues where you’d need to scroll through your crypt/hand/deck trying to find the troop with the greatest number of gems on it.

This lead into the second problem—rules consistency. Why sometimes would a power be granted from “gets all socketed powers of this” and sometimes from “gets this troop’s gems”? Additionally, there were bizarre corner cases. Socketed powers come from a gem, so a troop with a gem socketed in it could give all its socketed powers or its gem. However, a troop with socketed powers, but those not coming from a gem anymore, were not “socketed powers” but just powers, and therefore couldn’t be granted to another card.

We decided to simplify the concept of gems in-game. Now, the only distinction a player needs to remember is “was this power granted during the course of the game or during deckbuilding?” This removes the complexity of needing to track how gem powers were granted as they now all act the same way. A gem power is socketed during deckbuilding, can’t be reverted off, and is lost if the card is transformed. A socketed power is a modifier added through gameplay (by text like “gains all the socketed powers of this”), is lost through reversion, and is kept through transformation. This change keeps card modification rules consistent across the board, removes rules complexity regarding sockets, and solves a UI nightmare. Most importantly, it makes it easier for you guys to play the game.