Something to keep you occupied during the patch

• Talekith wrote:

EDIT: So you can actually probably even color number "0"s black.
      a 0 has to be completely white.

The confusion would be a bit clearer if this particular puzzle had a '9' block, because then you'd see that the square in question HAS to be included. But again, review the 'how to play' - it makes it really clear.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Talekith wrote:

Eraia wrote:

Talekith wrote:

I think I found an error in the puzzle.

There is a 6 number tile almost next a 0 number tile leaving only 5 non-white tiles around the 6 number tile.
      Are you including the tile with the number in ti as well? That counts towards it.For example, the attached image is a valid 'solution' for a 6 tile. (although in the specific example it is incorrect because the 3 would have 4 next to it)
      Well mission description says "around them" so your example can't be right?

EDIT: So you can actually probably even color number "0"s black.
      No, you actually cant. the number represents the number of black squares in the 3x3 grid the number is in the center of...
      Message me here! (Or in game)
    • Asimov wrote:

No, you actually cant. the number represents the number of black squares in the 3x3 grid the number is in the center of...
      Ya, what Asimov said.

Trust us on this, we've solved the puzzle and already submitted the solution. It is 100% solveable, but a lot of them will be completely impossible if you don't include the square the number is on :)
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

• *Beep Boop*

Still about 10 minutes to enter but I'm assuming everyone who's going to solve it already has (although if you get in before the deadline you'll still be eligible)

But here are some statistics!

I received 20 total valid entries (people who were close enough). Of those 20 exactly half (10) were 100% correct. I didn't mention it on purpose but the puzzle grid and numbers disappear when everything is correct.

The fastest 100% correct time was 42:14.
      The fastest nearly correct time was 30:55
      Five entries were under an hour. Three of those were 100% correct.
      The longest time spent on the puzzle was 2 hours 49 minutes.
    • BroomBot wrote:

*Beep Boop*

Still about 10 minutes to enter but I'm assuming everyone who's going to solve it already has (although if you get in before the deadline you'll still be eligible)

I received 20 total valid entries (people who were close enough). Of those 20 exactly half (10) were 100% correct. I didn't mention it on purpose but the puzzle grid and numbers disappear when everything is correct.

I had to do it between work(stupid work ;))... so mine took a while hehe :)

• BroomBot wrote:

*Beep Boop*

Glad to know I wasn't the longest time although not being the shortest also isn't surprising. It takes some time to get into the mindset and then get going.
    • BroomBot wrote:

*Beep Boop*

Angrax was selected from eligible entries to receive the Collector's Deck (minus phoenix AA).

Everyone else with a valid entry will receive a pack shortly for participation.
      Grats Angrax, you lucky duck!

• Highgarden wrote:

Can you post an image of the correct solution? I couldn't find the what I was messing up.
      If you wanna send me a screenshot of your solution, I can check it and see if I can figure out where you made your mistake :)

• pjvedder wrote:

Etria wrote:

Solution sent. These kinds of puzzles are very relaxing to me. Reminded me a bit of picross.

Thanks for running these!
      Never played Picross.. but it reminded me a lot of Minesweeper.
      Thanks again for the puzzle, BB!!

I've also never done one of these, and I was also reminded of Minesweeper. Hence I assumed the grid was randomly filled (like minesweeper) and wasn't a picture, which is a barrier to completing because if you know its a picture there are a lot of helpful assumptions you can make to speed up the solution.

I enjoyed the puzzle and look forward to the next one.