Budgetless Arena: Heart of Carnage

• Budgetless Arena: Heart of Carnage

Unrelated to the original Heart of Carnage list I posted someone asked me the question "What does the non-budget version do?"

Which inspired me to create this deck, budgetless Heart of Carnage.

Takahiro 18 life double blood 3 charge power - Sacrifice a troop you control and draw a card. Gain 3 health.

Splinter of Bokrug (Bokrug's Viel)
      Demented Whispers
      Nameless Devourer
      Succumb to Madness
      Forgotten Triolith (Troika Blades)
      Optimitron (Sigil of Mostugh)
      Mordrom's Gift (Major Ruby of Destruction)
      Heart of Carnage (Carnage Plate and Carnage Greaves)
      High Tomb Lord (Razor Grips)
      Culmination of Blood

Well of Hatred
      Blood Ice
      Ruby Ice
      Blightbark Reserve
      Remnant of Hatred

Optimitron having bury 5 cards when you draw it, and being a target for Mordrom's Gift, while hard to obtain make it a great fit for this deck, turning on Heart of Carnage and Culmination of Blood earlier and more consistently than either budget version of the deck could. High Tomb Lord is the best option for Mordrom's Gift to end the game almost every time, it's weak to removal however if they kill it before the Major Ruby of Destruction resolves it will deal 0 damage as it only has it's power and toughness buffs in play - if it's likely to be removed or the AI is messing with crypts somehow Optimitron is your go to, and Heart of Carnage as a backup plan if kismet isn't in your corner with Succumb burying your deck. Speaking of Succumb, turn 3 or sooner off a Triolith, sets up your win often turn 4 or sooner. Carnage being geared up with rebirth allows you to trigger it a second time easily with your charge power. Blightbark Reserve fills several roles in this deck, beating out the threshold consistency of Ambrosia which here doesn't provide the ruby threshold we need to end the game without relying on combat damage, giving you an action to discard for Triolith or putting another body in play to chump off a Bokrug or Devourer, giving you that 2nd blood for Succumb, the only downside is you're not gaining a charge. Having an action that is effectively 5 cost deal 35+ damage as a win condition makes the setup effort super worthwhile and wins games out of nowhere you had no business winning, outside of the one shot kill the deck clears hands, the board, and leaves you with enormous troops that end games on their own, and if they don't High Tomb Lord equipped gives you a board full of their troops you've milled or killed to end things that way, very resilient in every way but starting life total being a tad low at 18.
    • Fun decks like this make me really angry that so many amazing cards were locked behind shitty low chance RNG sources like primal chests and ultra rare spins on the Wheels of Fate. I never managed to put together sets of Triolith or Optimatron (I think I maybe have one of each?). And of course Siege was/is such a fucking shitshow, I never even came close to getting enough packs of that to have a playset of Heart of Carnage, either. And that one, you can't even buy your way into. So frustrating. So much wasted potential. :(
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

Fun decks like this make me really angry that so many amazing cards were locked behind shitty low chance RNG sources like primal chests and ultra rare spins on the Wheels of Fate. I never managed to put together sets of Triolith or Optimatron (I think I maybe have one of each?). And of course Siege was/is such a fucking shitshow, I never even came close to getting enough packs of that to have a playset of Heart of Carnage, either. And that one, you can't even buy your way into. So frustrating. So much wasted potential. :(
      I feel that, I liked that it gave me a reason to grind kinda otherwise I would have just bought the playsets. I definitely had to buy the trioliths and optimatrons since I don't spin nearly enough chests to get em, think I maybe got the equips that way haha. I'll be starting streaming again Mondays if you want to come hang out and live vicariously through my silly pve decks :)