Holiday Events

• Holiday Events

Probably too late to throw something together for the Night of Bells, especially given the devs probably want some quality family time :)

Partially in response to seeing others feeling they're missing out on events, and that feeling in myself, I suggest these.

But there's a way we could bring back holiday events for quite a while, there are pve cards you can't obtain at all, stuff the AI gets to use, or if you steal it you can as well I suppose, but in lieu of new cards to put out as prizes for participating in those events perhaps give us limited time access to those cards? The dragons have some juicy stuff, primal shards would be amazing, throughout the campaign there are some fun things. Or relics perhaps, un-nerfed version of pve cards - probably not slaughter gears but I wouldn't say no haha - but Legacy Ethereal Healer / Dream Eagle/Spider/Bear/Skarn/Turtle or Xocoy etc. would be super exciting to obtain. I still think it'd be fun to add generic equipment, stuff that doesn't modify cards but your character instead, +1 starting health or +1 armor, Begin the game with 1 charge, if you lose the coin flip flip again, bury the top card of each deck at the start of the game, +1 starting hand size, players can't gain life, you have no maximum hand size, the first troop you play gains a random boon - lots of things you can do, make the different effects different rarities or add synergy to different mechanics like a random troop in your deck gets gladiator 1. You could do set bonus for them as well, like +1 starting health might seem underwhelming, but if it was +1 starting health for each equipment with Life in it's name would work with other pieces of the set or random equipment like Helm of Life for Pacts of Life, you can use set bonus mechanics to balance them as well, like you have 1 armor for each piece of equipment with Iron in it's name - might see a deck with Wrought Iron Sollerets and not know for sure if the siege defenders deck has Flamewrought Obliteron or not.

If you don't have the time to develop these equipment to include in the events, but provided their effects be simple enough they could be implimented I'd be happy to do that and get feedback from the community on balance/flavor to fit them in to events. The coin flip redo equip might be a good one for a potential upcoming Questmas event.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Artifaction ().

• like what if we got versions of the cards that are already equipped so we get more slots to work with? Also I think Slaughtergear's are pretty not good in their current form so giving them back some of what they had is fine. I'd definitely like for them to add those exclusive cards, Primal Shard either needs to be added to the cards we can play or removed from the game entirely, like sure the Power cards are strong but PVE is so unbalanced anyway that who cares.
    • NightmareHitomi wrote:

like what if we got versions of the cards that are already equipped so we get more slots to work with? Also I think Slaughtergear's are pretty not good in their current form so giving them back some of what they had is fine. I'd definitely like for them to add those exclusive cards, Primal Shard either needs to be added to the cards we can play or removed from the game entirely, like sure the Power cards are strong but PVE is so unbalanced anyway that who cares.
      I am all for the gears being unnerfed haha, just worried rereleasing them in an event might be kinda annoying to collectors. I like the already equipped versions of cards, would you be able to double up on the equip effects or would it simply bypass the need for the equipment? Very interesting way to explore the digital environment great suggestion.
    • Artifaction wrote:

I am all for the gears being unnerfed haha, just worried rereleasing them in an event might be kinda annoying to collectors. I like the already equipped versions of cards, would you be able to double up on the equip effects or would it simply bypass the need for the equipment? Very interesting way to explore the digital environment great suggestion.
      a bypass, so that other cards can get used. Obv cards like Triolith have a monopoly on specific equip slots, just cards that are only played with the equips so you get 1 less slot to work with by default. Some could be doubled up on I suppose, which would be neat, primarily buffs or specific modifiers that work in multiples I.e. Lady Cassandra or Heartsworn Mordrom.