Different meta

• Different meta

Can we please have a change in meta for constructed it shouldn't be that hard to do. Its really wearing on me to be playing the same meta for this long and any meta even just set 1 only would be a improvement for me.

I get that this will pinch new players who don't have a bunch of cards but just have ladder and MM rewarding set 1 packs aleviates this.

Anything but more of the same doombringer meta pretty please.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

It wouldn't really take much of an effort there is no new code that needs to be added really.
      He said, knowing nothing of the code base.
      *raises hand*

It's literally 2 minutes of work. Checkboxes on a screen, to change which sets are legal / which sets are used for events. They've even done it accidentally before. :P
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Ossuary wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

It wouldn't really take much of an effort there is no new code that needs to be added really.
      *raises hand*
      It's literally 2 minutes of work. Checkboxes on a screen, to change which sets are legal / which sets are used for events. They've even done it accidentally before. :P
      This is pretty much how hard i expected it to be thanks for the confirmation.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

*raises hand*It's literally 2 minutes of work. Checkboxes on a screen, to change which sets are legal / which sets are used for events. They've even done it accidentally before. :P
      This is pretty much how hard i expected it to be thanks for the confirmation.
      Unless the code is very poor and built in such a way that you cant do the above. I highly suspect that is the case because it makes zero sense why they would do that at least for a week or during weekends.

The code is likely built in a way that you cannot easily "go back" to a ceratain set. Meaning it is not adaptable or easily changed. The code is also likely one of the fundamental problems with hex and why we are where we are. But I know little to nothing about creating code, so I am just guessing.
    • Let me clarify. I HAVE SEEN IT. It is exactly as I describe. Devs have talked about it on live streams before. There is a configuration screen for events. It's just checkboxes / dropdowns, like even a newb programmer could make in VBA with UserForms. A monkey could fill it out. The code IS very poor, but that doesn't mean the event interface is difficult to change. It's all there on the screen. Those are two separate issues.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Wolzarg wrote:

As Ossuary said above, and as a programmer myself, that should be done very easilly, as a matter of fact they kinda did that once with flash for draft, its not that hard to expand for constructed ladder, and would kind breed new life in the game even if its just for a couple of days...
    • I'm guessing they will do it with bigger plan. When that happens it need bring lots more players to game for long time. Its not smart change sets just for few ppl for short time. Even i would enjoy that change also, but i rather wait that it happens with good plan. When we get players back to game, they need to stay in game also. Maybe that happens with new VIP program, cause that would help it. Just hoping =)
    • There is a big diference between having the option in code and having the code properly work when you use the option. If the code is not the problem, then it makes zero sense why it hasnt already been done. Stagnation is the killer of tcgs and we have had that for quite some time.
    • The reason previously was a lack of access to the cards but with all packs now being available its no issue. Now the issue is that you will leave a lot of the newer players without any cards but i would argue that its close to a new set reelease with rotation and we should start over from set 1 to make it more fresh for everyone new and old.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

CoSVII wrote:

I have no desire to play Draft or Standard any longer. I’m sure I’m not alone.
      Question is would this change if standard and draft was changed?
      My answer would be yes, but I would be using existing plat and packs. The answer would likely be very different for someone who had to buy plat. The new packs are now given out basically for free because of merry melee.

Arena and many other ccgs have drafts from older sets. The fact that hex has not for so long leads me to believe that there is something else going on like the software itself (yes I know I am beating a dead horse).