Any Thoughts On Auction House Suggestions, Cory?

• Any Thoughts On Auction House Suggestions, Cory?

Heya Cory!

Again, thank you for taking the time to quickly respond to my original post regarding possibly addressing the current state of the Auction House.

I created a "Part 2" thread that contains a few of my favorite Auction House modification suggestions from other players (quite a few players responded with potential suggestions for improvements to the Auction House in the "Part 1" thread), and I was wondering if you've had a chance to take a look at some of the Auction House requests? Do any of the friendly suggestions appeal (seem feasible, practical, rejuvenating, refreshing, etc.) to you at all? On a side note: allowing the players to specifically list desired cards directly in the Auction House sounded like a GREAT idea from one of Hex's players!!

With the understanding of just how busy you are, would you mind getting back to us players concerning this particular topic when you find some time - please and thank you!

Huge fan of this excellent TCG! Hope you're doing well, Cory! :thumbsup:
    • Hey, would you please leave him alone?
      I know (from a professional perspective) that it can prove bad for your business, when you reply too much to threads like these.
      I‘m glad Cory replied to your first post and would love to read another Friday Update from him, but expecting a response to every mention of him on these forums is doing the game no good.

(Sorry if that sounded too harsh, I love you.)
    • Heya Gwaelan!

I appreciate your professional perspective on the continuation of my threads. My aim wasn't, and isn't, to bother the lead developer of this game; my last thread was to inquire of Cory if he found any of the suggested implementations for the Auction House appealing or not. In my first post, he asked for possible suggestions, so I continued communicating with that proposal from him - that's all. With all due respect, he's a big boy, and if he would prefer that I leave this thread alone for the time being, I'm sure he's fully capable of articulating that request to me directly himself. In the meantime, I will cordially respond to your concern and quietly hope that improvements to the Auction House situation will occur sometime in the future. Thanks, buddy! :thumbup:
    • New

I think that making multiple threads about what is essentially the same topic could be considered problematic.

The first thread was fine. You made your request, Cory responded and prompted additional discussion, and other people presented their ideas too.
      The second thread was redundant. You picked out some points from the first thread that you wanted to highlight and branched off from it, splitting the conversation. More people (including myself) posted in the first thread since then, and maybe you would have wanted to repeat some of those too if you waited longer. Now, anyone who wants to follow the Auction House ideas topic has 2 parallel threads to follow.
      The third thread was just unnecessary. You don't need to shout to Cory in a thread title to get him to respond (and if he does, it sets a bad precedent). There are notifications for people posting in threats that you posted in or liking/quoting your posts., so as long as he pays attention to the forum, he knows that people submitted ideas, and he will respond if and when he wants to.

What I would advise doing instead is keeping to just one thread for each topic. Also, threads that focus on feedback and suggestions should really be in "Feedback and Suggestions" rather than general discussions. (I just noticed that an exact duplicate of your "first" thread was actually posted over there a day earlier. You really couldn't wait more than one day before trying again?) Instead of starting a new thread to highlight your favorite ideas, edit your first post, and then reply to let other people know that you updated your first post.

Multiple threads like this one can fill up space and crowd out other topics... which would be a problem if this forum were more active.
    • New

Gwaelan wrote:

Hey, would you please leave him alone?
      I know (from a professional perspective) that it can prove bad for your business, when you reply too much to threads like these.
      I‘m glad Cory replied to your first post and would love to read another Friday Update from him, but expecting a response to every mention of him on these forums is doing the game no good.

(Sorry if that sounded too harsh, I love you.)
      In principle yes, but considering we havent heard from the Devs in over a year a little increased communication right now wont hurt. ;)