Friday Update - Corinth Caper

• I hope I can catch the devs at some point on Monday. Timing is just a bit awkward for me.

Glad to see the old Kismet packs back in store. Not sure how I feel about the wizard and badlands board being added, at least at the same price as the Campaign boards. Some people entered tournaments every week for months to try and get those. So to be sold for just 1k undermines that a bit. I'm all for making them available again, possibly rotate them back for the bash+clash as an alternative? Or at least increasing the plat price slightly.

I made a thread earlier in the week suggesting to add in the PvE cosmetics to the PS4 store since they can't get them. With the store being filled out with some of the rotated content that seems like it can fit in.
    • Reeplay wrote:

Not sure how I feel about the wizard and badlands board being added, at least at the same price as the Campaign boards. Some people entered tournaments every week for months to try and get those. So to be sold for just 1k undermines that a bit. I'm all for making them available again, possibly rotate them back for the bash+clash as an alternative? Or at least increasing the plat price slightly.
      Agree its low price for them. I entered at least 20 clash to get it. Mostly just to get chance to win it from backdoor prize. So it was quite expensive get it that time, cause mostly didnt win anything
    • Nah I like it, I mean its cosmetic und guys who are new to the game would not know why its more expanisive than other boards.

And I am pretty sure, HEX can use any $ it gets from people for the new start

But yes, many old and new players will buy that Wizard board , as its still amazing and 10$ is cheap imo.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Morshadoom ().

• On the topic of battleboards, I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, if there is a single "tournament winner" battleboard, then it makes sense for that battleboard to only be available from tournaments, but it becomes less prestigious as time goes on and more people win tournaments. Also, for people who already have it, winning that tournament again essentially gives them less rewards. Some kind of evolving battleboard that becomes more impressive with each such victory would be interesting though.

On the other hand, if there is a new "tournament winner" battleboard every set/season/whatever, then I would like to see alternative means of obtaining them. If those battleboards become available for sale some number of years after they are offered as tournament prizes, then the people who do well in tournaments would have had those years to proudly display their accomplishments (and potentially pick up a newer battleboard to show off with), before normal people have the opportunity to play on something that they just think looks cool.

And, has been mentioned, selling cosmetic items is an easy way for Hex to get some extra money.