Hex 2 and PVE

    • Cory made a post talking about how he hasn't forgotten or given up on Hex. Their attention has been on generating lines of revenue to continue development, but also mentioned the possibility of a Hex 2 where they could start over. The community latched onto the idea because it's the only thing that's been presented to us in at least a year, but it can't be stressed enough that Hex 2 isn't even in alpha stages. They are looking to generate funding for an idea, so don't expect anything for pretty much forever. All we know is that Cory still wants to do Hex properly, probably in the form of a new release. And that they don't have funds for it yet.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

      The community latched onto the idea because it's the only thing that's been presented to us in at least a year.
      This sounds suspiciously close to Stockholm Syndrome.

      If Hex 2 was announced, they'd have to show something utterly incredible for me to even consider it at this point. They completely obliterated any semblance of goodwill with their actions throughout the first game.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.
    • I think it's more like wishful thinking. Hex has pretty solid foundations as a game, and the ideal of the Kickstarter is excellent. People don't really want to give up on their dreams, even when they know they should. I don't think anyone's giving any credit to Hex, just imagining.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

      Cory made a post talking about how he hasn't forgotten or given up on Hex. Their attention has been on generating lines of revenue to continue development, but also mentioned the possibility of a Hex 2 where they could start over. The community latched onto the idea because it's the only thing that's been presented to us in at least a year, but it can't be stressed enough that Hex 2 isn't even in alpha stages. They are looking to generate funding for an idea, so don't expect anything for pretty much forever. All we know is that Cory still wants to do Hex properly, probably in the form of a new release. And that they don't have funds for it yet.
      Exactly what Obsidian said. The desire exists in him to see this concept, this dream seen to fruition. But at this time, as far as we know, the new version of this dream hasn't even reached ideation stages, much less development.

      Don't expect to see or hear anything at ALL soon.

      But.... the plus side is they were open and upfront about the fact that development for this game has literally stopped(outside of the occasional bug-fix patch and card art insertion, and whatever else they specifically and explicitly stated in that post, if anything), about the fact that they're working on other projects to try to develop some positive recognition in the industry, some capital, and some credibility that they can use to seek proper funding in the future, and the fact that they do someday hope to return to this specific dream and see it through.

      So... you can go forward and make your decision about whether you wish to spend any time or money on this specific game knowing the full picture and with expectations set in the appropriate place. And that's all anyone can really ask at this juncture.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      But.... the plus side is they were open and upfront about the fact that development for this game has literally stopped(outside of the occasional bug-fix patch and card art insertion, and whatever else they specifically and explicitly stated in that post, if anything).
      Oh, they finally said it? I'm glad they eventually put it to rest, that was one of the things getting everyone around here so choked, was them dancing around that.
      Never shift in to reverse without a backup plan.