Friday Update - Roidy, Set, Go!

• Raptos wrote:

Today's update is.....Better than silence I guess. I'm a bit mad that there was nothing added about things actively being worked on for the game, just a piggy back from last week to be honest. Better than silence but not by much TBH.
      I dont want to be that guy, but dont expect any further announcements about new developments of any kind for at least six months. I hope I am wrong and you can use this post against me though.
    • I’m not surprised. That they won’t give us back an immortal casual lobby ... but instead another Hex Primal 300 weekly tournament. When was the last time Hex Primal actually fired its immortal Championship Series event? I’ve had an immortal gauntlet open for over three months and I can’t find opponents. Deleting that worthless gauntlet and letting people play causal matches with their immortal cards would go a long way to letting people know you care.
    • Plotynus wrote:

This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs).
      Unless Cory can pull more rabbits out of his hat, it was always more than likely that Hex was going to stay and remain dead. I more than want Hex to live and grow again, but after so so long, i really can't think bring myself up to being optimistic.

Hope for the best, but always prepare for the worst.
    • Immortal is fun, but the tournament feels kinda meh for 300p. I will probably play in it, but I don't think it will get that many players. I was hoping for some new AA:s instead of the same ones, as well as a decrease in entry fee (look at how much more Fight Night is played compared to Singles Night).
    • Erukk wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

This is what remains of Hex Staff? Difficult to launch a new game, even improve this one, with such a short staff (and most of them are non-devs).
      Unless Cory can pull more rabbits out of his hat, it was always more than likely that Hex was going to stay and remain dead. I more than want Hex to live and grow again, but after so so long, i really can't think bring myself up to being optimistic.
      Hope for the best, but always prepare for the worst.
      There's a path. It implies a huge change in the image of Hex and Cory (as the leader, his image is now severely damaged), a consisten Public Relationships plan (that includes changes in the game aswell to make it more enjoyable in the short term) to slowly rebuild the community and the player base, and then if -and not when- you do this and works out, a solid marketing plan (which is not only spending money in ads) to attract new players again. On and on, it involves a lot of effort and there's a big chance that it will fail. I don't know if Cory want to take that path, but honestly, there's no other one unless money starts to magically grow in trees.

You can theoretically do this with Hex, no need of Hex 2. But if the game is a code mess as some say (I can't confirm this) and you almost have no devs, it will be almost impossible.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

Indirect communication as it is, but:

• HEXPrincessCory
      • HEXBen
      • HEXSquiddy
      • HEXMattHyra
      • DasEvil
      • Dinotropia
      • KingGabriel

"Members of the team" doesn't necessarily mean "the entire team" (and the update last week only specified "some of the dev team"). There are at least that many people on staff, probably more, but I don't know how many there actually are either.
    • Draknos wrote:

Plotynus wrote:

Indirect communication as it is, but:

• HEXPrincessCory
      • HEXBen
      • HEXSquiddy
      • HEXMattHyra
      • DasEvil
      • Dinotropia
      • KingGabriel

"Members of the team" doesn't necessarily mean "the entire team" (and the update last week only specified "some of the dev team"). There are at least that many people on staff, probably more, but I don't know how many there actually are either.
      Well, that's one front when communication matters. You can give no names if you want, but a state of the current crew would be a good sign that this game is frankly not dead. "We have several people working on bringing back Hex to life: X devs, X R&D staff, and so on), etc.".

Honestly, I don't expect any of this to happens. I've decided to just play the game I like while I enjoy it. Note that "enjoy" embraces much more than just the gameplay. If I see that the game is going nowhere again, I'll stop enjoying it like I did the last time.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I swear, for the last year I hopped on to the site every several weeks just to see when it will tell me the site went offline, and what is this?
      Relaunch? Huge changes? I'm -so- not buying it.

This makes me more angry than I thought it would, I mean, after so long wanting the game to be great, watching it fail and turn to rubble, and now something is trying to get my hopes up again, only for me to see it inevitably fail again? This has got to be the worst kind of unfunny jokes there is.