Monday Night Gaming!

• Monday Night Gaming!

thanks to everyone that came out to play some drafts... I did terrible! but had fun :)
      need to organize a bit better next time, maybe we should set up a 3 round event... Immortal Singleton?

looking forward to next Monday, ...fighting an almost uncontrollable urge to spend the day playing FRA (gaming addiction is real)

-cory
    • Thank you again @HEXCoryJones. It was nice to play again. I'll definitely do that more. One issue that still needs to be fixed though is that people playing draft with a 2-0 record are still having a very hard time finding a match. I sat in queue for over an hour before giving up, and that was in the 4pm to 9pm period where you were collectively trying to get more drafts to fire. I could see that a decent number of drafts did fire, but it's still bad if I can't finish my run and join another one.

I don't know how hard it would be to make that change, but if you could make it so players with a 2-0 record aren't forced to wait for another playing with an identical record to play, it would let more people play more matches, and I don't think it would impact the prize structure in a way that matters anymore. I believe Sealed Gauntlets already work that way for pairings.

My $0.02
    • CORRRYYYYY!!

It was awesome to have lots of drafts fire, that was super fun!!

Would also love to see you guys stream.

As for smaller events, I have a few suggestions to revive community:

For the old seasonal events, make some AI only cards collectible, they dont really have to have equipment but it would be so fun to play with those cards!

FRA dragon hunting festival, where for a limited time the dragon appearance rate is boosted!

I don't think small events like those would take to much time to make, but i think they would be great for reviving the community!
    • This is Monday night west-coast time, I'm assuming? (Meaning, very late to midnight east-coast time?) That would explain how I missed it.

Still, I got a good draft run of my own in when I played earlier. No wins, but 2 legendaries and 7 rares in a set I never got around to playing before, so I can't complain.

Ultimately, going to sleep at a reasonable hour is more important than playing Hex for me. I'd like to see different hours for this activity from week to week, or perhaps staggering the times everyone on the dev team comes online to increase total exposure (assuming that doesn't cause logistical problems for their actual work), but it's not crucial for my own enjoyment.
    • Draknos wrote:

This is Monday night west-coast time, I'm assuming? (Meaning, very late to midnight east-coast time?) That would explain how I missed it.

Still, I got a good draft run of my own in when I played earlier. No wins, but 2 legendaries and 7 rares in a set I never got around to playing before, so I can't complain.

Ultimately, going to sleep at a reasonable hour is more important than playing Hex for me. I'd like to see different hours for this activity from week to week, or perhaps staggering the times everyone on the dev team comes online to increase total exposure (assuming that doesn't cause logistical problems for their actual work), but it's not crucial for my own enjoyment.
      we can start earlier some weeks for sure
      like 2 so 5 on the east coast
    • HEXCoryJones wrote:

Draknos wrote:

This is Monday night west-coast time, I'm assuming? (Meaning, very late to midnight east-coast time?) That would explain how I missed it.

we can start earlier some weeks for surelike 2 so 5 on the east coast
      This makes me very happy as a european that really wanted to play with you guys.