Friday Update - Difficult Dreams

    • The Stardust to buy in-game (not including the AH) is found when you go to actually Extend the Art for a card.I believe if you go to your collection, right click on the card to bring up the larger version of it, all of the Stardust options are there to buy in gold on the bottom.

      As Rendakor said, it may be different on the PS4, but i'm like.. 95% sure that's how you get there on the PC.
    • Hold the phone

      You can buy dust for gold?

      Also, Cory never should've uttered the phrase "Hex 2." The implication of a sequel in their current situation is absolutely insane. Relaunch, 2.0 (the .0 matters) or any number of things would've been fine. Also saying they may rejigger the base game is just

      What exactly did we learn on our year off?
    • schild wrote:

      Hold the phone

      You can buy dust for gold?

      Also, Cory never should've uttered the phrase "Hex 2." The implication of a sequel in their current situation is absolutely insane. Relaunch, 2.0 (the .0 matters) or any number of things would've been fine. Also saying they may rejigger the base game is just

      What exactly did we learn on our year off?
      Not much seemingly
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • schild wrote:

      What exactly did we learn on our year off?
      I've learnt that having a multiplayer game with no players to play against might actually not be a great idea.

      Also, that people won't wait forever for a game. They'll just find another or don't play anything.

      Also, that this particular game may be already doomed, but sadly for me, it's the one that I enjoy to play.

      Also, don't put Messi as your only forward against France and don't sign a bald person never again to manage the national team.

      Also, edh.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • I'm glad to see there's still some hope.

      My feelings overall in regards to HEX has been a mixed bag. I still absolutely love the vision and potential but I feel absolutely betrayed by some of the things that have occurred over the years.

      I don't really know what else to say tbh.
    • Kami wrote:

      I'm glad to see there's still some hope.

      My feelings overall in regards to HEX has been a mixed bag. I still absolutely love the vision and potential but I feel absolutely betrayed by some of the things that have occurred over the years.

      I don't really know what else to say tbh.
      Howdy do nice to see you.

      I think we all can agree for us to feel better Hex needs to show something worth trusting them.
      Lore Hound: Self Proclaimed Expert to Hex Lore (and right 80% of time with theories)
    • I was surprised to see the letter when I stopped by the Hex website, but I am very happy to see it :)

      I love Hex and even with all that has happened I do not regret the sacrifices I had to make to get my grand king kickstarter tier, or all the rest of the money I spent on the game after that :)

      Whatever form Hex 2 takes I will most definitely be there the day it launches (or sooner if there is a beta) :)
    • Well i do hope they communicate more often from now on ,because if they are just gonna stay silent again till HEX 2 releases (dont care if its a reword of hex or a new one with using the art and some great ideas from the first) hex 2 release might not be as good as they hope.
      If they want there community back they will have to learn to talk to them.

      Dont get me wrong think Hex is a great game and extended, they did a good job on it but expectations might have been to high due to what was promised during the kickstarter, this might also haunt them in hex 2 even if they rename it because people will know its form the same maker.
    • Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players:

      When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out.
      Since HEX already created pre-constructued decks in the store, why not just implement pre-constructed ladder and tournaments also.

      Should be a quick and easy win. I definitely believe it works as a format. I was able to get into pokemon quickly and after about a month of Theme format, enter the upper echelons of Standard constructed play.
    • sindharin wrote:

      Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players:

      When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out.
      Since HEX already created pre-constructued decks in the store, why not just implement pre-constructed ladder and tournaments also.

      Should be a quick and easy win. I definitely believe it works as a format. I was able to get into pokemon quickly and after about a month of Theme format, enter the upper echelons of Standard constructed play.
      They have this for PS4 players but never implemented it for PC ones. Such a shame, as I think it's a great idea.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

      sindharin wrote:

      Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players:

      When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out.
      Since HEX already created pre-constructued decks in the store, why not just implement pre-constructed ladder and tournaments also.

      Should be a quick and easy win. I definitely believe it works as a format. I was able to get into pokemon quickly and after about a month of Theme format, enter the upper echelons of Standard constructed play.
      They have this for PS4 players but never implemented it for PC ones. Such a shame, as I think it's a great idea.
      Can verify i enjoy the fairness of that format a lot and it doesn't stop some people from buying multiple if not all theme decks so it certainly doesn't kill your income either. That said it would pretty much require their to be new decks made for every set for there to be enough rock paper scissors in the format.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

      Plotynus wrote:

      sindharin wrote:

      Just a little suggestion of what can be done in the short-term to attract some new players:

      When I stopped playing Hex and and got into Pokémon online I noticed an interesting format that they have called Theme deck. I realised after trying it that it is an awesome intro into a TCG for PVP players. It is a format for players to enter with only pre-constructed decks - levelling the playing fields dramatically. Check it out.
      Since HEX already created pre-constructued decks in the store, why not just implement pre-constructed ladder and tournaments also.

      Should be a quick and easy win. I definitely believe it works as a format. I was able to get into pokemon quickly and after about a month of Theme format, enter the upper echelons of Standard constructed play.
      They have this for PS4 players but never implemented it for PC ones. Such a shame, as I think it's a great idea.
      Can verify i enjoy the fairness of that format a lot and it doesn't stop some people from buying multiple if not all theme decks so it certainly doesn't kill your income either. That said it would pretty much require their to be new decks made for every set for there to be enough rock paper scissors in the format.
      Well... it's a TCG game, there should be people qualified in the staff for that. If they have issued creating 4/5 starter decks per set just shut down everything.

      (Or, you know, if you have a community, maybe even some people might help you do it for some plat and the love to help the game...)
      Twitter: @Plotynus