Friday Update - Difficult Dreams

• Any news is good news, way better than what I expected for the next real friday update to be about.

Have you considered doing a 'soft reboot'? Say, keep all cards and some immortal action, but begin again on set 1 for Standard constructed and release a new set every 3 months? (and then switch back to every 4 months once/if set 10 is released) Include a couple of Kismet drafts and you have over 2 years of content that should provide more income than another couple of years of Doombringer and won't feel as stale.

Edit: Also, adding the option to buy regular-art sleeves for each set at the store for a couple of hundred plat could help cover the cost for future card arts.
      I will take responsibility for what I have done,” Dalinar whispered. “If I must fall, I will rise each time a better man.”

The post was edited 1 time, last by Khendral ().

• Yay!!! News... I feel to download and play Hex again just because of this.

Other easy implementations would me
      - Make Bash immortal 1x a month or some mix of stuff (set 1-4 or 6 to 10.. something like that)
      - Make Clash other than set 10 (Kismet packs anyone)
      - Rotating Drafts (if its too much work, at least rotate them 1x a month )

I still love hex as a TCG for its PVP style. Hopefully HEx 2 will be amazing

thanx Cory..
    • If it is at all possible at some point could you rotate in any of the already made kismet drafts? Those were amazing and I would love to play them again. Or a regular draft rotation of formats you already have? If not, I'll still be back when and if Hex 2 launches. Some of my best gaming memories ever and will have a special place in my heart. Thanks for sharing.
    • It's amazing to see just how many of us have still been lurking and have been waiting for a post like that to be made.
      I've sold most of my collection before it was too late and I don't regret it. That said, I'd be down for Hex, Hex 2 or Hex whatever.
      Since it all went down I tried almost every single TCG/CCG there is and not one came close to what Hex could have been...

I still do have 405 AA Adamanthian Scriveners though... just in case anybody is interested in buying some ;)
    • I've been hoping for long for a few words from Cory and they seem quite positive(given the circumstances).
      Hex is the best digital cardgame around and I hope Hex 2 is becoming a reality especially if it is PvE-focused(my favourite part).

On a another note, it seems that hex.tcgbrowser is down. Maybe they could be willing to start up again if there is going to be an influxx of players.
      I guess they know the news but maybe we could contact them en masse.
    • Aiyers wrote:

1: You spoke about this concept of a "HEX 2". Why would you need for there to be a HEX 2? You have previously spoken about unimplemented content so why not work to bring that content to this game? There's nothing wrong with keeps, crafting, raids, clans, etc.
      @Dinotropia @HEXCoryJones I second that query.

Also, I'm always up for returning (I'm trying but I can't like MTG as much as Hex), but this time you have to present us with a better plan before I spend again. This whole mess has taught me to be more careful with my money.
    • Tanaka wrote:

On a another note, it seems that hex.tcgbrowser is down. Maybe they could be willing to start up again if there is going to be an influxx of players.
      As far as I know, TcgBrowser has been up and down sporadically in the past year. There's been a few threads in these forums saying it was down and then it would come back up again the next day. My guess is you should just wait a few hours and it will be back up.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Aiyers wrote:

1: You spoke about this concept of a "HEX 2". Why would you need for there to be a HEX 2? You have previously spoken about unimplemented content so why not work to bring that content to this game? There's nothing wrong with keeps, crafting, raids, clans, etc.
      @Dinotropia @HEXCoryJones I second that query.
      Also, I'm always up for returning (I'm trying but I can't like MTG as much as Hex), but this time you have to present us with a better plan before I spend again. This whole mess has taught me to be more careful with my money.

Cory wrote:

Unfortunately, the dream we had for HEX has had to face the reality that HEX as it stood was not self-sustainable.
      If the game isn't self-sustainable then patching random things in isn't going to make much of a difference. They realized they need some major changes to make the game at least sustainable, if not profitable. That doesn't mean that those ideas can't still exist in whatever new form that Hex will take. I love all of those ideas and hope they show up in whatever is next (especially raids/co-op). But just implementing these things into the existing game isn't going to suddenly turn everything around and make the game suddenly start making money. Of course, maybe it's mostly a change to their monetization model that needs updating so they'll keep the core and start adding some of these things.

I'm hopeful for the future. I really do love Hex and think that it has so much potential still. I hope there aren't too many major changes to the core game. I'm guessing some things might have to give. The idea that "collections have value" is something I really want, for example, but seems like it might be holding them back so I wouldn't be surprised if that had to change to make way for new monetization ideas. I'm definitely curious what sort of monetization we'll see in the future. If we got raids/co-op and regular PvE content I'd pay to buy new PvE zones and stuff (look at the Lord of the Rings Adventure Card game).
    • Fred wrote:

Tanaka wrote:

As far as I know, TcgBrowser has been up and down sporadically in the past year. There's been a few threads in these forums saying it was down and then it would come back up again the next day. My guess is you should just wait a few hours and it will be back up.
      The last time I visited tcgbrowser there was a note that any day now it was going to shut down.
    • Vroengard wrote:

@Svenn if they want to make a Hex 2 that is similar to Hex, then it's cheaper, faster and easier to turn Hex into Hex 2. We don't have much info but that is the logical course of action, until we know more.
      It depends on what changes are needed. It depends on how bad the code really is and how much of it needs to be re-written. Also, they can take just some of the code for Hex 2 without converting the whole thing. At this point, we have no idea what a "Hex 2" will look like. Maybe it will be a whole new game, maybe it will just be a massive patch to convert everything to whatever new stuff they are doing.

I don't know that adding the things mentioned above is just going to suddenly turn things around and make Hex profitable, though. Especially since none of those things were really planned to be monetized. Like I said, I hope to see all of it, but I don't think that those things alone are enough.
    • Wasn't expecting to wake up and see this news, but what a wonderful surprise @HEXCoryJones.
      Respect to you for coming out and writing those words. I admit that it's been many months since I've played HEX, but it still remains the single game that I've put the most hours into in all my gaming years, and the prospect of a HEX 2.0 sometime down the line makes me very excited, so much so that I'll probably re-install this weekend and drop by to say hi to whoever is online.