Lack of news

• Well a year ago they summarized to keep Hex on Life support, while they grow the rest of the company so they can once again support it.

Look Hex has been very generous in the past, with Bank Bot, extra shops outside the Direct client, Hex for a good time become a E sport, giving out hard cash without issues for most of the rounds that it did. All in all Hex was a Blast of a Game, I know I put some hundred's of euros in it.

In Business you do not bet the farm, I believe they forked in to the limit that they could, coming Dangerously close to it.
      It is the only logical reason.

As players things can be very different then from a company point of view.
      Players can think why can't we do this or that fun thing, those in charge think how can we support it.
      Adding new modes, with new options or even cards. Well that could take some tens of thousands.
      If you have three programmers working for year on a mode 5 days a week.
      Well that's already around 100.000, just to give an example.

I have started on some basic coding skills, animation and artwork.
      I can tell you this does take effort to learn and time to create these things.
      So from that experience and learning about the basics on starting as keep functioning of a Indie company.
      I can just say, a huge amount of things come with it.

So if you do not have news, you do not open a chat every quarter and say Ladies en Gents.
      Sorry but things are not quite there yet. ;)

Hex is to good of a game, even as it stands to do away.
      And if you poured all your heart and soul into it, and all you had to almost the very brink.
      Then I can understand someones passion and not wanting to give up on it. :)

A competitor might even snatch it up, with some marketing takeover move.
      Then it would be the end of the Game as we know it.

It is easy to be fearful & frustrated.
      I was to, and it is understandable.

But now I chose rather to be Faithful & Grateful.
      Those fond memories, i will always keep with me.
      Hex got my blood running again to go start making wonderful things myself.

Most of Hex sleeps, until one day it reawakens. <3
      It's best days I believe may still be ahead of it.
    • New

Adaline wrote:

Adding new modes, with new options or even cards. Well that could take some tens of thousands.
      I think we all understand that.

But it should not have been invested in Siege. Even on paper, that gamemode was an abject failure, and anyone could've told you so before hand. It was driven not by gameplay design, but by the goal of being an economic sink.

In my opinion, that is the two ton straw that broke the camel's back.
    • New

Firellius wrote:

Adaline wrote:

I think we all understand that.
      But it should not have been invested in Siege. Even on paper, that gamemode was an abject failure, and anyone could've told you so before hand. It was driven not by gameplay design, but by the goal of being an economic sink.

In my opinion, that is the two ton straw that broke the camel's back.
      Agree, the mode was a joke and the fact that it was not completely free was ten times worse.

I would pay money to hear from devs on their opinion to why hex didnt catch on. I obviously have mine, but it would be super interesting to hear what they had to say.