Lack of news

• Lack of news

I think it would need some new card or something that stimulates those who have been playing for some time to change the type of decks and even to buy new ones. I have the impression that there are fewer players, for example in the various "gaultlets" where not never find available players and it takes a long time to finish them.I state that this is not a complaint but my own idea. what do you think? :D
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

This is the kind of stuff that upsets me. The game is out and collecting peoples money. But the vast majority of informed people wont spend another dime on the game because it is likely abandoned. However, the uninformed people on the other hand......
      No offence but they're not really collecting peoples money, if a person spends money on a game that's their choice, but i understand where your coming from. I'm going to be honest here and i mean no offence to anyone. I think card games aren't as popular as other games. Last year while i was at school i realised how many people in my year play TCG or CCG and if they did which ones. I stumbled that about 6 (Including me) give or take out of about 200 (Give or take) in my year played TCG or CCG and they played either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh or hearthstone and recently I have two friends through college that play MTG. So an assumption I made is that only main stream TCG or CCG will survive because the genre in general is not as popular and they're really the only ones that really get publicity.

I will state like always that these are opinions and what I think and assumptions I made so feel free to correct me.
    • HotPotato wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

This is the kind of stuff that upsets me. The game is out and collecting peoples money. But the vast majority of informed people wont spend another dime on the game because it is likely abandoned. However, the uninformed people on the other hand......
      No offence but they're not really collecting peoples money, if a person spends money on a game that's their choice, but i understand where your coming from. I'm going to be honest here and i mean no offence to anyone. I think card games aren't as popular as other games. Last year while i was at school i realised how many people in my year play TCG or CCG and if they did which ones. I stumbled that about 6 (Including me) give or take out of about 200 (Give or take) in my year played TCG or CCG and they played either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh or hearthstone and recently I have two friends through college that play MTG. So an assumption I made is that only main stream TCG or CCG will survive because the genre in general is not as popular and they're really the only ones that really get publicity.
      I will state like always that these are opinions and what I think and assumptions I made so feel free to correct me.
      I agree, card games will always be niche. But there have definitely been alot of new ones out there in the past five years which has been nice at least for me. In the states and europe Mtg and hearthstone will be dominant probably because people want to make sure they are spending money on a game that will be around in the next five years.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

HotPotato wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

No offence but they're not really collecting peoples money, if a person spends money on a game that's their choice, but i understand where your coming from. I'm going to be honest here and i mean no offence to anyone. I think card games aren't as popular as other games. Last year while i was at school i realised how many people in my year play TCG or CCG and if they did which ones. I stumbled that about 6 (Including me) give or take out of about 200 (Give or take) in my year played TCG or CCG and they played either Pokemon or Yu-Gi-Oh or hearthstone and recently I have two friends through college that play MTG. So an assumption I made is that only main stream TCG or CCG will survive because the genre in general is not as popular and they're really the only ones that really get publicity.I will state like always that these are opinions and what I think and assumptions I made so feel free to correct me.
      I agree, card games will always be niche. But there have definitely been alot of new ones out there in the past five years which has been nice at least for me. In the states and europe Mtg and hearthstone will be dominant probably because people want to make sure they are spending money on a game that will be around in the next five years.
      Unfortunately its a cycle. they spend money on the game cause it'll be round and it stays round because it stays popular enough so it gets publicity so it gets played and then it repeats.
    • There was a time when people spent money on Hex. Hundreds, even thousands of dollars. A few years ago we started seeing problems going on behind the scenes. First the Gameforge partnership, then that ending and HXE/CZE going solo once more, that whole thing with the artists not getting paid (are we allowed to talk about that? are there even mods who care?), etc. Then we got the "Set 10 is delayed for a little while because reasons" and since then, nothing. All of those things taken individually give players (and payers) pause; a TCG is supposed to be an investment, with every dollar spent growing a larger collection (with the possibility of cashing that out). Taken together, they paint a clear picture of a game in crisis.

If the devs had been more open with us, we might have kept spending. A few forum posts a week from Cory, just to show us that he still cared, would at least give us hope. If they had offered something like a second Kickstarter, employing the fans to reinvest to preserve Hex's future, they might have raised enough money to get Set 10 out and keep things rolling. Instead, we get copypasta updates every week with automated, rotating tournaments and nothing else. At this point, I only wonder if we'll ever get a proper farewell, or if I'll just come by for my every-few-months-forum-check-in one day and see that everything's gone.
    • See, I thought I just wanted some weekly communication from Cory, but his Friday Updates were one of the most disappointing things I've seen on forums. They very quickly become about random chatter rather than anything remotely related to Hex, and I stopped reading them after about a month. I don't want random words, I'd like updates or thoughts on the project.

I can see now why we didn't get that, of course. So many wasted resources.

I only hope at some point CZE decides to sell Hex to someone that'll do something with it. The potential is so great.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Sadly neither of those scenarios are even remotely possible at this point. Nobody would dare risk investing in a purchase of the product at this point (and frankly the owners probably still overvalue the IP despite its dead community), and Cory wouldn't for a second consider open-sourcing "his baby." Despite the fact that there are people from the community (or maybe used to be, or could be again) who would actually be able to fix the client and make it much better.

Don't get me wrong - I'd fucking LOVE to see private servers and open development, but it's just never going to happen. The devs think what they've got is better and more valuable than it actually is in reality.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • AceBladewing wrote:

SaintVicarious wrote:

Indeed. That, or at least let us run private servers, so we aren't completely cut off from singleplayer content when the studio invariably folds.
      Why would they do that? There's literally nothing in it for them to spend the time and effort doing that.

Technically, in the end, there was nothing for them in everything they have done so far either. I suppose the experience looks nice on a resume, so long as they don't mention that experience was in a game that was received poorly and then failed...
    • tophat wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Why would they do that? There's literally nothing in it for them to spend the time and effort doing that.
      Technically, in the end, there was nothing for them in everything they have done so far either. I suppose the experience looks nice on a resume, so long as they don't mention that experience was in a game that was received poorly and then failed...
      So you're just going to ignore their mortages and other bills that got paid over the years where the game was actually profitable? And where do you think the Kickstarter money went to if not the salaries of the people building the game? If you're going to ignore the income you make for doing work, then you can use that logic for anyone working and making money to say there's nothing for them in that.
    • Just to chime in I am sure the employees were paid. It is possible that Cory lost money on the whole thing unless going to gameforge was very profitable, which I doubt.

There is a snowball's chance in hell the company successfully makes another Hex lIke product when they dont pay tournament winners.
    • So much of the above ... no one is going to go silent into the night on any future Corey Jones or CZE digital/card/competitive play offering in the future as long as outstanding debts (yes that is what you call it when you fail to pay cash tournament promised prizes) to the players exist.