Actually

• There has been no new content in months (maybe a year now? I don't know and don't care enough to look it up) and the last we heard from the company head was that they were out of money and unable to produce the latest set (they claimed they couldn't afford art but it was likely much more than that) after we found out that HexEnt was not paying artists and giving them similar silent treatment to what we in the Hex community were used to receiving...until complaints were made and a threat of legal action emerged. This tells us that the company is likely too far in the red to recover.

Since we have heard nothing else from the game's head and seen instead several changes in LinkedIn profiles from other workers, not to mention a visible shuffling of staff to other projects, it is safe to assume a skeleton crew is left to rotate the game's format and nothing else - there will be no further updates because nobody is around who can do them, let alone afford to make them.
    • Hex is on persistent vegetative state, it exists merely because the family doesn't want to end its life.

On the other hand, Hex Ent has apparently gone to a different pasture. Welcome to Red & Blue, a Chinese-made blockchain TCG made by the joint venture of Hex Ent and NOAH. Based on the website, Hex Ent will be handling card design, game rules and mechanics and (recycled) graphic.
    • Zampe wrote:

Sorry I don't search

Now I understand... You think there is a possibility in the future for an update?
      The only update we're likely to see is when they finally decide its not worth keeping the servers up.

Goliathus wrote:

Hex is on persistent vegetative state, it exists merely because the family doesn't want to end its life.

On the other hand, Hex Ent has apparently gone to a different pasture. Welcome to Red & Blue, a Chinese-made blockchain TCG made by the joint venture of Hex Ent and NOAH. Based on the website, Hex Ent will be handling card design, game rules and mechanics and (recycled) graphic.
      Well, to be fair, card design and mechanics ideation are the main things Hex Ent were good at...
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • ok... reading your replies, I think there aren't any hopes for the game.

I'm very sorry, 1 because i like the game... (I play magic about 10 years and I think that's a very good game HEX), 2 because I spent money for the game...

Do you think that server will be turn off ?
    • Eraia wrote:

Well, to be fair, card design and mechanics ideation are the main things Hex Ent were good at...

Indeed, NOAH is smart enough to recognize their partner's good and bad. In another timeline, maybe NOAH would buy out Hex and run the business here instead of inventing their own card game. One can dream.

@Zampe
      The server will go down eventually, no one is sure when.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Hex is on persistent vegetative state, it exists merely because the family doesn't want to end its life.

I wanna vomit after checking that link. I expect nothing less from Hex Ent at this point though.

In other news, I can warmly recommend Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark to anyone who loves turn-based tactical games. It is one of the best games I have ever played in the genre and the first one that has that same magic as FF Tactics did back in the day. Just one opinion, but I cannot put it down currently. I will support these kinds of indie developers with everything I got.
    • There a lot of game similar that I tryed or that I'm waiting:

GWENT
      PHAGEBORN
      MYTHGARD
      MTGA
      etc..etc...

but for me HEX is one of the best way to play on PC.
      You can found everything: Draft, ranked, torunement of constructed or limited...

The other games without all this type of play get bored after a while
    • Didn't check the link, but if it's Hex Entertainment and not CZE, maybe this is their crazy long shot of re-funding Hex? Could be with good intentions.

Of course, if that's the case, it would make sense to come here and talk to us about it.

So I guess we already know the answer.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

Didn't check the link, but if it's Hex Entertainment and not CZE, maybe this is their crazy long shot of re-funding Hex? Could be with good intentions.

Of course, if that's the case, it would make sense to come here and talk to us about it.

So I guess we already know the answer.

Well if we go for what was stated, they have put Hex on life support.
      While they try to grow the rest of the company to continue with Hex in the future.

Look if there is no development news to post, ofc well nothing more to post about until you do have something relevant.

As for me I have become quite a busy person, though I do check from time to time.
      Even though I have not logged in from the last time Hex had its last E sports round ( real money prizes )

I will still check up now and again, because I did have a lot of fun.
      There is still promise in Hex, I do believe this.
    • I wasnt aware HexEnt is actually doing another project. I assumed they were just finished altogether.

Maybe they can pay me the 250 bucks prize money then I am still to receive. Even if you count it all up the outstanding prize money is assumed the prize money is like 3k.
      If I was Cory I would make sure to find a way to pay my players. And then shut the game down. But shutting down and not paying the prizes would be an extra bad look.
      But maybe Cory just doesn't care anymore.