So what's the problem Hex is facing now?

• So what's the problem Hex is facing now?

I've heard that set10 and the third chapter of the battle are completed, so what's the problem facing hex now? If you don't have enough money for the original painting, i think we may not need the original painting for play, or you can invite Japanese and Korean original painting, which will reduce the cost a lot.

If you like, I can find the Chinese painter. Because recently, you have started using the original painting used by the Chinese server two years ago, I don't want HEX disappears, so if you have difficulties, please come up in the forum for solution
    • While I don't have solid info on this, I believe it's more than just artwork that's missing. I think they have the cards designed, but not actually coded, which is a significant effort (money) to finish.

And while I know about a year ago we all joked about using placeholder art for the set and how terrible that would be because it would literally end the game, I think we're at the point where anything is better than nothing.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • MTG:A is a huge success and no other game can compete with it for reasonable income. You can't make both (1) a great game design-wise with (2) a lively competitive scene and with (3) longevity/future prospects when you absolutely HAVE to be content with minimum money. Because that's what anyone coming now to the scene should expect, minimum slice of the market pie. MTGA is immense.
    • Vroengard wrote:

MTG:A is a huge success and no other game can compete with it for reasonable income. You can't make both (1) a great game design-wise with (2) a lively competitive scene and with (3) longevity/future prospects when you absolutely HAVE to be content with minimum money.
      Do you not realize how many claims like this have been made in places where someone else DID compete with something and push it out of the top spot? Not just in video games, but any area.
    • AceBladewing wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

MTG:A is a huge success and no other game can compete with it for reasonable income. You can't make both (1) a great game design-wise with (2) a lively competitive scene and with (3) longevity/future prospects when you absolutely HAVE to be content with minimum money.
      Do you not realize how many claims like this have been made in places where someone else DID compete with something and push it out of the top spot? Not just in video games, but any area.
      In this case though.. Arena is really, really good. Like really fucking vomit-inducing good.

HEX's pvp card design is on par with MtG but HEX had the far better client compared to MTGO. WOTC fixed that and I don't see anyone topping this unless you can generate the same design quality, the same client quality for a much cheaper prize and also attract enough people to get it steamrolling somehow.
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • Transience wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

In this case though.. Arena is really, really good. Like really fucking vomit-inducing good.
      HEX's pvp card design is on par with MtG but HEX had the far better client compared to MTGO. WOTC fixed that and I don't see anyone topping this unless you can generate the same design quality, the same client quality for a much cheaper prize and also attract enough people to get it steamrolling somehow.
      This. I'm pretty much exclusively playing MTGA now. It's polished, good interface, ok monetization, established player base. About the only thing it doesn't have is PVE. It's a shame, Hex could have competed but they pissed away the goodwill from the playerbase that was trying to help them chasing the console cash-grab dream.
    • Autzen wrote:

Transience wrote:

AceBladewing wrote:

Vroengard wrote:

In this case though.. Arena is really, really good. Like really fucking vomit-inducing good.HEX's pvp card design is on par with MtG but HEX had the far better client compared to MTGO. WOTC fixed that and I don't see anyone topping this unless you can generate the same design quality, the same client quality for a much cheaper prize and also attract enough people to get it steamrolling somehow.
      This. I'm pretty much exclusively playing MTGA now. It's polished, good interface, ok monetization, established player base. About the only thing it doesn't have is PVE. It's a shame, Hex could have competed but they pissed away the goodwill from the playerbase that was trying to help them chasing the console cash-grab dream.
      Yeah exactly.

You couldn't really wish more from a digital cardgame client than what MTGA does and HEX was so close to getting there. I mean PVE, sure that is cool and I've enjoyed playing the campaigns a lot, but that was just a bonus to the real game.

HEX pvp was cheaper than mtg but the difference was not big enough. Packs should have been at least half the price so everyone could have gotten all the cards they wanted. Also, all those wacky format modes should have been free. You pay for the cards and then you play the game for free. In addition to that they should have done much more in the advertising realm. The product was great, really great, but far to few people were drawn in to try it. Remember how Sony was going to advertise the game after the playstation console port? Nothing ever fucking happened. Why?
      "Ignorant beliefs are stains upon the mind."
    • I miss the weekly in-client tournaments. That is one thing MTGA has not had so far(and probably won't for some time seeing that they have problem implementing BO3 in custom duels), or a strong community tournament scene. I get that the official championship thing is cool(kind of like Hex's CCS) but that's a lot of ladder grind for a 2000 man qualifier.
    • Of course, MTGA is a polished product. But, regardless of its superiority, making the claim that nothing can compete or beat it is an absurd, absolutist claim. There is overwhelming evidence of this being possible in many different areas over a long period of time with products or institutions with a FAR stronger hold in their areas than MTGA has.
    • I agree, no more space for (long lasting) CCGs. MTGA is so good, and wizards is pushing it through the competitive scene. Heartstone will keep catching the remaining casual players because multiplatforms&blizzard&easy as s**** to learn.
      Today HEX would fail fram day 1, I'm 100% sure. New PVE ccg will appear, ok, but they will die pretty quick. MTGA an HS will be here for *many* years
    • AceBladewing wrote:

People were saying the same thing before Fortnite launched about battle royales. And then they said it again before Apex Legends.
      battle royales are just trends: quick to explode, quick to learn, quick to die. the majority of them is f2p (or cheap), so you can play (and leave) with no remorse. CCGs and MOBAs are a separate kind of game, where experience makes the difference, so players will keep playing for years (and want their game to survive for years)
      Don't get me wrong, I hate HS gameplay, but I'm sure it will be here for years
    • MTGA is not going to be taken down. It is by far the only digital card game anyone needs. If they add commander to the game at some point they will hook line and sinker everyone. The game is basically free to play unless you choose not too and support it.

If they go the route of making older sets and put in Modern then your opening the game up to a larger playerbase as well. The only option HEX had to survive was basically launch it as a PVE only game with campaigns and do some cool stuff with that. Slay the Spire and the like are pretty well received games for 15-20 bucks. Even what they have now would suffice many of people with unlocks in the game and ability to purchase quicker unlocks or some jank stuff. But HEX will not see the light of day after the closure, nor will any other Digital TCG grace us anytime soon, because frankly there is minimal value in it at the end of the day.
    • Swigmonkey wrote:

MTGA is not going to be taken down. It is by far the only digital card game anyone needs. If they add commander to the game at some point they will hook line and sinker everyone. The game is basically free to play unless you choose not too and support it.

If they go the route of making older sets and put in Modern then your opening the game up to a larger playerbase as well. The only option HEX had to survive was basically launch it as a PVE only game with campaigns and do some cool stuff with that. Slay the Spire and the like are pretty well received games for 15-20 bucks. Even what they have now would suffice many of people with unlocks in the game and ability to purchase quicker unlocks or some jank stuff. But HEX will not see the light of day after the closure, nor will any other Digital TCG grace us anytime soon, because frankly there is minimal value in it at the end of the day.
      I played mtga for a while last year, from internal testing to public testing to RNA, for a long time, but finally I left, not because I couldn't rank to high, or couldnt earn card,diamonds from limit ,just because it was far inferior to hex,it's too boring and meaningless.