A post from a disapointed HEX fan

• A post from a disapointed HEX fan

I'm really disapointed in the state of the game.

Right now I feel this games is slowly diying, the Devs trying to pull as much money as they can before abrutly closing the game. I believe very few improvement can be made to thelp the state of the game and tge first one is COMMUNICATE. Except the weekly announcement about the Merry Melee rotation there is nothing new from you devs, no new content to the game or whatsoever. Yo could at least speak with your fans and players, to the ones like me who have spent hundred of € in this games. I'm not asking for much, maybe just a word from you once in a while so that we know that the game is still alive and that you are tryin to help it. Just something like the new set is planned but due to unforsee circonstance we cannot give you a delay, or what are your plan with the PvE content or anything related to the current state of the game and his future.

You could also add more content specifically PvE content. A new Adventure Zone would be welcome or at least remove the level limitation of the actual heroes. If you have no plan on developping AZ any longer at least let us enjoy full level characters.

New seasonal event. if I'm right, the last one was Llama, Llama, Emu almost year ago. Since then no Ardor day, Nights of Bell or Haunted Harvest. In my opinion creating a single event card once every three month should'nt be so much of a work and can send a positive message to the remaining player base.

More and New PvE content and match mode. As I told adding more PvE could give this game a small boost right now we have AZ 1 and 2 with there many default, the frustrating Frost Ring Arena and the pathetic Siege mode/. Why not revamp the FRA with new champs, and new mechanics like allowing the use of the mercenaries for some encounters ? news cards for AZ, FRA, Siege Packs,

Expanding PvP : It's come again to the new game mode, 2 vs 2 would be a nice addition, allowing you to play against a friend or another player without card restriction ( Meaning Allowing PvE cards and Equpment) could allow players to create fun deck to play with. Why not permit Merry Melee to be fully playable without having to pay for it. Ok no more sleeves reward but you could play Corinth whenever you want ! Oh and talking about sleeves, yes they are nice, but I guess the vast majority of the player would trade them for something new to the game.

I will forget to talk about adding everything you promised in kickstarter but adding some little novelties here and now can really help this game and give it a new push.

You could also talk with your remaining players to know what they want, maybe I'm mistaken, maybe they only want to draft, but in the end that comes back to the first point : Communication
      In the Kingdom of the deaf, being mute goes unnoticed.
    • HeraGroseille wrote:

I'm not asking for much, maybe just a word from you once in a while so that we know that the game is still alive and that you are tryin to help it. Just something like the new set is planned but due to unforsee circonstance we cannot give you a delay, or what are your plan with the PvE content or anything related to the current state of the game and his future.
      Maybe you were not around back then, or you simply missed it because it was buried down in one of those weekly non-updates, but the communication you are looking for is here: hextcg.com/friday-update-a-few-words/ (scroll all the way down to the "A Few Words" section).

Basically, to answer your questions, the current state is that HXE cannot afford to develop any more content, PvE or otherwise. Any new content requires art, and HXE cannot afford new art, so nothing new will come until HXE gets their hands on a lot of money, and since no new content is coming out for Hex, that money will not be coming from the game. Whatever they're making from platinum purchases (if people are still buying platinum), is likely going to server maintenance. The lack of communication is because there is nothing to communicate. There are no plans for PvE, there are no plans for new PvP game modes.