Hex Discussion

• Hex Discussion

Who's making the decisions about Hex, why are they making bad decisions, and how can we change that? There was a time when I would invite my friends to play Hex, I still believe it is the best card game on PC, but that's because the market is flooded with garbage hearthstone clones and watered down cardboard crack. I still see new players discovering Hex and falling in love with it, I don't want them to be heartbroken in a month or a year when without notice the game shuts down. Notice here does not include the few forum ramblers still around - love em to pieces but their best speculation isn't good enough and you Know it. If you need help and can't discuss it publicly please send me an email. The only reason I say this is the product is such a high quality - but we Can actually come back from this pit you've dug yourself, it will take time and effort, and it won't be easy, but Hex can continue being the best card game in a digital environment. If you've given up that's actually just fine too, but we need to know. Accepting payment from players with every intent of shutting down once a contract ends or at an arbitrary date that was prepaid server time ends or whatever is abhorrent and borderline fraud.

This is a discussion that is going to happen, it is about Hex, and if anyone thinks they should remove this discussion from the forums, lock them, or any similar administrative action will Only hurt the devs and administrators ability to take part - I will find out and you will be judged.
    • It's not Q3 2018 anymore. Such discussions are meaningless.

Artifaction wrote:

Who's making the decisions about Hex, why are they making bad decisions, and how can we change that?
      Still Cory.
      He hasn't made any decision in months (so nthe non-decisions are neither good nor bad), last decision was to who to keep after dismantling the team and second-to-last decision was to tell the remaining crew to cycle through MM modes.
      Gather a few (the "Few" is subjective, I mean few when compared to the video game industry, but not when compared to the savings of a single person/family) million USD and buy the game, then somehow build a good company around it.
    • It's far too late for CZE to salvage Hex. They could potentially sell it to another company, but it seems like it'd all depend on whether the slow development rate was due to a bad team or a bad code base. If it's not salvagable at this point, then selling to another company's not feasible either.

But I think we all know that eventually the money's just going to run out and the servers will shut off.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

It's far too late for CZE to salvage Hex. They could potentially sell it to another company, but it seems like it'd all depend on whether the slow development rate was due to a bad team or a bad code base. If it's not salvagable at this point, then selling to another company's not feasible either.

But I think we all know that eventually the money's just going to run out and the servers will shut off.
      It is not even that, the game has such bad pr or bad goodwill no one is likely to touch it. They dont pay winners of tournaments and the kickstarter promises seem half baked at best regarding pve.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

It's far too late for CZE to salvage Hex. They could potentially sell it to another company, but it seems like it'd all depend on whether the slow development rate was due to a bad team or a bad code base. If it's not salvagable at this point, then selling to another company's not feasible either.

It is not even that, the game has such bad pr or bad goodwill no one is likely to touch it. They dont pay winners of tournaments and the kickstarter promises seem half baked at best regarding pve.
      That's why it's got to someone else. If a different team is handling it, people who like the game but not the way it was treated might give it another chance. But if CZE just secures more funding to continue work on it, nobody here will give them the time of day. If Hex announced tomorrow that it was releasing set 10 and PvE was the next focus of development with their new funds, I don't think many of us would return.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

Pandaemonium wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

That's why it's got to someone else. If a different team is handling it, people who like the game but not the way it was treated might give it another chance. But if CZE just secures more funding to continue work on it, nobody here will give them the time of day. If Hex announced tomorrow that it was releasing set 10 and PvE was the next focus of development with their new funds, I don't think many of us would return.
      I honestly cant think of a game that has been succesful after someone else takes over a company that has hideous pr. I keep thinking of hellgate london which was bought out multiple times to absolutely no effect.
    • Honestly, the decision to treat PvE as a tacked on minigame for the PvP players to dick around in between drafts and tourneys was what killed the game. They promised F2P World of Warcraft, and instead we got the starter zones and half the classes and no raids. You look at what you can get from playing the Adventure Zones, and it's a handful mediocre cards, most of which are generic crap that don't fit into any good decks. Like Dust Bustard. There are more rares in Set 1 than there are PvE cards in AZ1. Your deckbuilding options as a F2P player were shit, because they didn't build Adventure Zone loot pools like they did sets. No fun synergies, no good racial or class-based decks to build (even though theming is perfect for the RPG aspect). Piled on top of the missing classes, with the ones we have only going to half level instead of all the way to max, and massive amount of missing content (Raids, AZ3+, tons of equipment) and no one wanted to stick around.

And without the F2P PvE to attract and retain people, all you have is an MtGO knock-off, and I don't think anyone can compete with MtGO. Hex clearly didn't, and Artifact isn't looking so good either.
    • Ainulindale wrote:

Honestly, the decision to treat PvE as a tacked on minigame for the PvP players to dick around in between drafts and tourneys was what killed the game. They promised F2P World of Warcraft, and instead we got the starter zones and half the classes and no raids. You look at what you can get from playing the Adventure Zones, and it's a handful mediocre cards, most of which are generic crap that don't fit into any good decks. Like Dust Bustard. There are more rares in Set 1 than there are PvE cards in AZ1. Your deckbuilding options as a F2P player were shit, because they didn't build Adventure Zone loot pools like they did sets. No fun synergies, no good racial or class-based decks to build (even though theming is perfect for the RPG aspect). Piled on top of the missing classes, with the ones we have only going to half level instead of all the way to max, and massive amount of missing content (Raids, AZ3+, tons of equipment) and no one wanted to stick around.

And without the F2P PvE to attract and retain people, all you have is an MtGO knock-off, and I don't think anyone can compete with MtGO. Hex clearly didn't, and Artifact isn't looking so good either.
      Hey now, Dust Bustard with equipment that gave it flying was legit in monored aggro.
    • Ainulindale wrote:

Honestly, the decision to treat PvE as a tacked on minigame for the PvP players to dick around in between drafts and tourneys was what killed the game. They promised F2P World of Warcraft, and instead we got the starter zones and half the classes and no raids. You look at what you can get from playing the Adventure Zones, and it's a handful mediocre cards, most of which are generic crap that don't fit into any good decks. Like Dust Bustard. There are more rares in Set 1 than there are PvE cards in AZ1. Your deckbuilding options as a F2P player were shit, because they didn't build Adventure Zone loot pools like they did sets. No fun synergies, no good racial or class-based decks to build (even though theming is perfect for the RPG aspect). Piled on top of the missing classes, with the ones we have only going to half level instead of all the way to max, and massive amount of missing content (Raids, AZ3+, tons of equipment) and no one wanted to stick around.

For me hex was way better than Mtgo, problem was they didnt do any decend PR and they didnt thought/evolved PvE enough in my eyes.
      They could atleast make all cards attainable in PvE, just have rare and legendary be extremely hard to get.