Let's talk about the Wheels of Fate

    • schild wrote:

      ... because you're doing some other solo activity?
      that is some strange logic. That same logic means each of those things you mentions takes away from the others. "takes away" seems, to me at least, to imply that the other things you mentioned are somehow harmed by the presence of chest spinning and that is not the case. Not to mention if you feel it does somehow harm the other things you mentioned you can simply skip them.

      I agree that some changes need to be made but saying it takes away from anything else does not make sense to me.
    • "I don't like this feature" is not the same as "this feature shouldn't exist." Sorry.

      CZE already has data that shows the WoF has been and continues to be their most successful gold sink. I just think it's a damn shame that while it's being the most successful, everyone using it hates it and themselves. ;)

      It's a poor experience right now, and I believe that fixing it would exponentially improve its effectiveness and also peoples' satisfaction with it as a fun and sometimes rewarding side activity.
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • My biggest gripe with the WoF is that the loot table is the same between rarities, it would be great if that changed.

      I also agree that the way the rolls work could be more exciting by 'slowrolling' or whatever so you don't know right away what you're getting.

      But mostly the rewards don't feel good enough for the amount of gold you have to part with. In my perception that was different before, which is strange considering that the gold price has gone down a fair bit since I started playing (set2). Maybe bring back Slaughtergears? :D
    • NicoSharp wrote:

      The ups of a good 3 bar slot machine in Vegas:
      • Any win, feels like win
      • Your win tables increase for any extra money you put into the spin. Not just the progressive tables.


      The problem with the Wheels of fate 3 bar slot machine:
      • Many wins, don't feel like wins
      • 1 gold icon is a loss. This should be like hitting a cherry on a 3 bar slot machine - it should pay more or equal to the spins cost, and progress in payment if you hit multiples.
      • 1 eye is a loss. At least, in feeling. IMO, 1 eye should be a progressive counter on the wheels - when you hit your 3rd single eye, you get a free spin that immediately triggers. This could be exceptional to promote rolling higher rarity chests when you are sitting at 2 eyes progressive
      • 2 eye rolls, should trigger free spin immediately.
      • 3 eye rolls, should upgrade AND give you a free spin on the upgrade.. not lock the chest...
      • Gold icon rewards should scale with the payment that goes into the spin.
      • PvE card white moons, Mercenary white stars, and PvE card equipment white chests, should all only be procced on Common Chest rolls.


      All of the above would be huge QOL updates to Wheels, that would not make them feel nearly as bad. This is going to be a much bigger issue now that there are more gold sinks. It's awesome to get rewards, but the experience has never felt very good.
      I dunno if I agree on the mercenary white, but I agree with prettymuch everything you say here. That's the biggest thing, there are so many times when I'd rather just strike out than win something.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • The rewards for the wof are just not good enough and honestly I am fine with that. I do not want slaughtergear equivalents for every new wof set.

      Moreover, I think there is just too much junk pve equipment in the game and wof seems to be one of the main culprits. Honestly the Chark Mart seems like a better system.
    • I'm with Oss on most of these. Once you've spun enough, anything other than a triple colour is basically a loss (another AA Soloist or Slaughtergear's Electric Gauntlet to throw on the pile is pretty much pointless). Okay, double gold can be decent. In fact, double gold Eyes is probably the best spin overall, since you actually make money and get to spin again without losing the gold.

      Spinning common chests is usually fine, since it's not a massive gold investment; the heartache comes when spinning higher rarities. So, the only real reason to spin these is for the upgrades, which ties in to sometimes opening the chests and getting nothing. You upgrade to a rare chest and pull a common piece of equipment, and feel what was the point in trying to upgrade it? You could have just opened the common chest and maybe got a rare reward.

      I don't hate the wheels, and I feel like there could be a good thing there. But the way any spin is a single result rather than the three wheels spinning separately feels kind of bad. Maybe if they did all spin separately Hex could make an actual game of it, with Nudges and Holds. Maybe even a Feature game for racking up bonus symbols if you have enough chests to spin at once! Of course, that would need a total reworking; but it might make it more fun. Currently, the wheels feel more like a chore that is blocking me from opening my chests than a fun minigame with potential prizes. I'd love to open my chests and maybe get some of the cool PvE cards, but I can't open them until I spin them. I have to first grind enough gold, then spend time spinning each chest before I feel I can open them. And that could take who knows how long...
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

      The rewards for the wof are just not good enough and honestly I am fine with that. I do not want slaughtergear equivalents for every new wof set.

      Moreover, I think there is just too much junk pve equipment in the game and wof seems to be one of the main culprits. Honestly the Chark Mart seems like a better system.
      I don't agree on the first part. I think the rewards are fine. I mean, it's important to have some weak and some strong rewards.

      The problem is simply that rewards don't scale with cost, and that there are too many wins that feel awful.

      As far as Chark Mart, I think both are good systems.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Eraia wrote:

      Pandaemonium wrote:

      The rewards for the wof are just not good enough and honestly I am fine with that. I do not want slaughtergear equivalents for every new wof set.

      Moreover, I think there is just too much junk pve equipment in the game and wof seems to be one of the main culprits. Honestly the Chark Mart seems like a better system.
      I don't agree on the first part. I think the rewards are fine. I mean, it's important to have some weak and some strong rewards.
      The problem is simply that rewards don't scale with cost, and that there are too many wins that feel awful.

      As far as Chark Mart, I think both are good systems.
      I think a big part of the problem is that the contents of a primal chest are not worth the cost 90% of the time. Unless you are a sleeve hunter, you really shouldn't be rolling anything above common.

      I hope the Chark Mart has the high end pve stuff not wof. If the want to focus on pvp aa stuff or sleeves on wof that is fine.
    • Good ideas in the OP.

      My addition would be to get rid of the long down time between failed spin and next spin. You do not want your player to dwell on the losses, you want them to get back to paying... er, playing. Have fanfare for the wins and gloss over the losses.
    • Yes, that's something I've thought about before as well. If you spin down a chest, and you have another of the same set and rarity, there should be a one-button way to start spinning the next one, in addition to the existing option to just open the dead one.
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Sukebe wrote:

      schild wrote:

      ... because you're doing some other solo activity?
      that is some strange logic. That same logic means each of those things you mentions takes away from the others. "takes away" seems, to me at least, to imply that the other things you mentioned are somehow harmed by the presence of chest spinning and that is not the case. Not to mention if you feel it does somehow harm the other things you mentioned you can simply skip them.
      I agree that some changes need to be made but saying it takes away from anything else does not make sense to me.
      The logic that everything should feed PvE and PvP and not take away from time playing them/supporting them is strange?

      I have well over a thousand chests. I should not be futzing about watching a slot machine spin through mediocre prizes.
    • schild wrote:

      Sukebe wrote:

      schild wrote:

      ... because you're doing some other solo activity?
      that is some strange logic. That same logic means each of those things you mentions takes away from the others. "takes away" seems, to me at least, to imply that the other things you mentioned are somehow harmed by the presence of chest spinning and that is not the case. Not to mention if you feel it does somehow harm the other things you mentioned you can simply skip them.I agree that some changes need to be made but saying it takes away from anything else does not make sense to me.
      The logic that everything should feed PvE and PvP and not take away from time playing them/supporting them is strange?
      I have well over a thousand chests. I should not be futzing about watching a slot machine spin through mediocre prizes.
      I can sort of echo this sentiment. If I have half an hour I would rather go play an evo than sit and spin chests, though maybe that just says something about how unexciting I find chest spinning to be. On the other hand, if I have 15 minutes, I can spin chests, which allows me to interact with the game in some way even with minimal playtime.
    • I do think it's important to remember that not all in game features (even sinks) are intended to appeal to every single player. It's okay if for example sleeves from inside primal chests don't appeal to certain players (they certainly don't to me). But I do think it's important that whenever we see a particular feature not working as intended or as well as it could, even for the people it's targeted for, we bring that fact to CZE's attention.

      Just because the Wheels of Fate have taken more gold out of the system than any other feature, doesn't automatically mean that it's working as well as it could, or that people enjoy themselves while doing it. Quite a lot of people talk about how much they hate it and themselves for using it. ;) I'd like to see that feeling go away, and I really believe that making some of these adjustments I'm suggesting will help with that.
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I just remember before we were able open chests, some staff member said "it'll totally be worth it to spin legendary chests, we can't say why right now, you'll see once chest opening is available" - now that it is available, it's fair to say the general consensus is: it's not worth it. If the sleeves *from primal chests* were tradable, even just a "tradable once only" thing, it would help. Something should change for future sets anyhow.
    • Ossuary wrote:


      CZE already has data that shows the WoF has been and continues to be their most successful gold sink. I just think it's a damn shame that while it's being the most successful, everyone using it hates it and themselves. ;)
      I am curois here, what other real gold sink does it have to fight against? It is the only true gold sink we have for now. (AA common where limited time and merch, average person only goes for what they need is my guess).

      I do spin a chest every now and then, in general try to keep common chest spinned. But i have come to point where i find wheel of fate to be one worst things about hex. It doesn´t feel rewarding, often feels like waste of money and even as punishment. Hell even gacha games feels more fun to use money on :o
      And most people said why Wheel of fate feels so bad, can´t add much to that. And a good gold sink is one that makes people feel rewarded while still using your money. (Same reason repair cost is worst type gold sink MMO and RPG's can add for most people)

      Happy they introducing a chark market, that a far better designed gold sink.
    • I personally really enjoy spinning chests as is, but I'm also certain I am very Atypical. As long as whatever it becomes is As fun as it is now I completely support the change as for the most part changes are for the better of the game, and I love the game <3

      I spent countless hours grinding arena for gold to spin chests, and for the most part I broke even on value, which is fine it felt like a bonus because until you actually do it the mystery contents of the chest and rewards for it's spin are gated by participation. You have the chest, and it has value, but is pretty much useless until you do something about it. I think that's what I like about it. Some of these suggestions seem completely reasonable, I would be all for equipment from future chests not being exclusive to them, but we have a bit more design space for chest rewards in AAA's, battleboards, you could even include things like event entry tickets. Something like an Evo Entry would hold more value than a pack sure, but it would also stand up better to aging compared to a pack as we move into our first rotation especially this feels like something to consider.
    • Balthuzad wrote:

      I just remember before we were able open chests, some staff member said "it'll totally be worth it to spin legendary chests, we can't say why right now, you'll see once chest opening is available" - now that it is available, it's fair to say the general consensus is: it's not worth it. If the sleeves *from primal chests* were tradable, even just a "tradable once only" thing, it would help. Something should change for future sets anyhow.
      Exclusive untradeable sleeves are worth it.
      You and me and others who don't bother with cosmetic may not like them, but don't take it upon yourself to declare that they're not worth it.
    • Ossuary wrote:

      I do think it's important to remember that not all in game features (even sinks) are intended to appeal to every single player. It's okay if for example sleeves from inside primal chests don't appeal to certain players (they certainly don't to me). But I do think it's important that whenever we see a particular feature not working as intended or as well as it could, even for the people it's targeted for, we bring that fact to CZE's attention.

      Just because the Wheels of Fate have taken more gold out of the system than any other feature, doesn't automatically mean that it's working as well as it could, or that people enjoy themselves while doing it. Quite a lot of people talk about how much they hate it and themselves for using it. ;) I'd like to see that feeling go away, and I really believe that making some of these adjustments I'm suggesting will help with that.
      Well said.

      I love t he CONCEPT of the Wheels of Fate, and even certain parts of the execution... but it could be so much more fun to use.

      I just thought of another things I'd like to see: Triple red/gold symbols of different base symbols should be possible and should mean you just get the 'special rewards' from the gold/red icons. That way getting two red symbols of different types can still mean you get 3.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.