Xmas exchange game.

• Xmas exchange game.

I thought it might be fun to have sort of a Xmas gift exchange. My idea was this: I'll post a card. Then the next person to post gets that card given to them. But in their post they post a card that will be given to the next poster. This goes on until we get to 10 and I will receive the gift from the 10th person to post. (or the last person to post at the deadline (12pm Eastern dec 25)

I'm not exactly sure how to give cards, but I assume we can figure out the logistics.

OK for my gift I'm going to go with a 'Grinch' theme for my gift.

Open Spoiler to unwrap gift!
      Display Spoiler
      Dark Heart of Nulzann

You're a monster, Mr. Grinch
      Your heart's an empty hole
      Your brain is full of spiders, you've got garlic in your soul, Mr. Grinch
      I wouldn't touch you with a thirty-nine-and-a-half foot pole!

If you'd like to be the recipient of this gift, please post below with the gift you wish to pay forward.

Merry Xmas!

Edit: Decided to put the gift in a spoiler tag, in case folks don't want to see what they get before they decide on a gift to give

The post was edited 5 times, last by JazzfanTwentySev ().

• There used to be a Santa Hex gift exchange ... like for years ... burned out salty community has little Christmas joy in this game. The fault isn’t the community it is the Devs and Hex Ent. No communication regarding the state of the game from the CEO might have something to do with it as well.
    • JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

Well, this is going over like a lead balloon. I just wanted to give a little something back to the community, and the community is like, 'nah, I'm good.'
      It's not so much that, it's just... most of us only visit the forums once or twice a week at most now. I usually pop by for my Friday lump of coal. And occasionally I get the urge to see what 'everything's doomed' meme is popular now.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • The Secret Santa thing had some controversy if I remember correctly causing the host to add additional gifts for people since some were giving very small amounts.

At this point, I think it is fine to try to have community events etc., but hex has some very big baggage and trying to engage people who have been burned may not be successful.