Friday Update - Touch of Beyond

    • Let me add Ctrl-c,Ctrl-v better than the update:

      Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
      Enwrought with golden and silver light,
      The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
      Of night and light and the half light,
      I would spread the cloths under your feet:
      But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
      I have spread my dreams under your feet;
      Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

      W.B Yeats

      The post was edited 1 time, last by RoyG ().

    • funny thing is artifact sucks donkey balls comparatively imo...
      same as arenaeternalgwentoftherings

      imo.

      all these games that were going to be wayyyyy better with all the things

      hex for me is worlds apart in the fun zone.
      and the cheap zone
      and the free zone.

      if i was hex i woulda waited till the next major competition played their hand.
      looked at their hand and just did the things to capitalize off it.
      without spending anything(assumption here)

      just open up ways to play with yer cards.

      no one can say "You better be ready because artifact ___" anymore
      artifact happened and it was meh.(still going to buy my playsets and give it a chance tho)
      imo
    • Bizznach wrote:

      funny thing is artifact sucks donkey balls comparatively imo...
      same as arenaeternalgwentoftherings

      imo.

      all these games that were going to be wayyyyy better with all the things

      hex for me is worlds apart in the fun zone.
      and the cheap zone
      and the free zone.

      if i was hex i woulda waited till the next major competition played their hand.
      looked at their hand and just did the things to capitalize off it.
      without spending anything(assumption here)

      just open up ways to play with yer cards.

      no one can say "You better be ready because artifact ___" anymore
      artifact happened and it was meh.(still going to buy my playsets and give it a chance tho)
      imo
      Artifact is miles ahead of what hex pvp is today. You can draft for free, is very casual friendly and the marketplace is very functional. Valve will continue to develop the game with a progression system and tablet support.

      If hex is actually thinking about staying around, the pvp aspect will need to change drastically and they will need to have constant updates to pve.
    • i don't know i only make it through half my matches in free draft before the no Axe concede

      keep trying to smash that ladder join button for the artifact pvp too...

      and the rewards for draft bite.

      but you like what you like.

      thats the imo part

      also what does pve have to do with artifact?
    • RoyG wrote:

      Let me add Ctrl-c,Ctrl-v better than the update:

      Had I the heavens’ embroidered cloths,
      Enwrought with golden and silver light,
      The blue and the dim and the dark cloths
      Of night and light and the half light,
      I would spread the cloths under your feet:
      But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
      I have spread my dreams under your feet;
      Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

      W.B Yeats
      I would have gone with.....

      Turning and turning in the widening gyre
      The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
      Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold...
    • Man, everyone's so angry they have to pay for their games. Almost everyone leaving a negative review just wants to grind gameplay for cards at whatever crawl Valve sets. Valve respected their customer's time by making a no-grind, no BS game and they're getting slammed for it in reviews. "Artifact just wants all the money!" while a playset of every card in the game's like, $200. And that's on release. As more packs get opened, cost of cards is going to plummet.

      It's ridiculous.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

      Man, everyone's so angry they have to pay for their games. Almost everyone leaving a negative review just wants to grind gameplay for cards at whatever crawl Valve sets. Valve respected their customer's time by making a no-grind, no BS game and they're getting slammed for it in reviews. "Artifact just wants all the money!" while a playset of every card in the game's like, $200. And that's on release. As more packs get opened, cost of cards is going to plummet.

      It's ridiculous.
      This + free drafts for beginners ...FREE :whistling:
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • From what I understand, everyone's trying the new game but the target audience is very specific. Either the people didn't read the FAQ or the company was glossing over the cost of playing the game. Probably a combination of both.

      The people that are giving it a bad review are doing exactly what they should: They are not recommending the game to other like-minded people. That's what the review/rating system is for.

      Once the dust settles (couple months in the future) the reviews will be more correctly representative because the only players left will be those that have embraced the economic system.

      TL;DR Game companies should VERY CLEARLY state the financial system their game is running on in order to preempt players and avoid review bombing right off the bat.
    • Obsidian wrote:

      Man, everyone's so angry they have to pay for their games. Almost everyone leaving a negative review just wants to grind gameplay for cards at whatever crawl Valve sets. Valve respected their customer's time by making a no-grind, no BS game and they're getting slammed for it in reviews. "Artifact just wants all the money!" while a playset of every card in the game's like, $200. And that's on release. As more packs get opened, cost of cards is going to plummet.

      It's ridiculous.
      It's nice to see Valve getting some payback for what they've done to gaming.

      The primary source of the whole 'games have no value' thing is Steam, since Steam started the whole trend of discounting things like 90% off, which led to people paying less for their games, and thus valuing those games less.

      Now Valve releases a game that is 'too expensive' for the steam mentality, and gets slammed for it. It's... poetic justice. Sadly, it won't make a difference in the PROBLEM of people not valuing games, but sometimes it's nice to see a company get some back when they do something that has long-lasting negative impacts.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.