Offering skills as a software developer

• Offering skills as a software developer

I am offering to join the development team part time and will gladly be willing to work for free until the company gets back on its feet. I have 10 years experience working in .net environments. I am a problem solver, known at my current company as the person to go to when no one else can find a solution. I have experience in all areas of software development with a focus in database, web services and framework development.

I am passionate about this game and would love to see it succeed. Feel free to private message me if you are interested.
    • Illithid wrote:

I am offering to join the development team part time and will gladly be willing to work for free until the company gets back on its feet. I have 10 years experience working in .net environments. I am a problem solver, known at my current company as the person to go to when no one else can find a solution. I have experience in all areas of software development with a focus in database, web services and framework development.

I am passionate about this game and would love to see it succeed. Feel free to private message me if you are interested.

Coyote wrote:

I cannot offer much, but i worked in software and gaming Q&A for more than 5 years. I will be happy to test the code in my free time to see hex survive.
      What a lovely community we have! I really admire everyone's passion about Hex. This community is another thing that is unique about Hex, besides the game itself. I hope as everyone that the game survives.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • HXE doesn't want and wouldn't be able to accept any of these offers. They haven't accepted any offers of free help up to now and now the infrastructure can't accommodate much. They'd much rather take your 5$ and perhaps you'd be better off doing just that. How much would the minimum hourly wage be in your country? Just offer them that much (i.e. turn your hypothetical time that you'd be helping into $). They'll know where to spend that money on (paying debts).
    • The problem is, if you offer your work and expertise you know the results. Giving money at that point, who knows where it goes and what it will do for the future of this game? Maybe there already is a plan to shut down the servers at a set date, maybe there is no plan for future development, maybe there is no plan to pay back debt, maybe Cory just wants to get as much out of Hex as he can an leave the country. Who knows?
      They are not communicating and tell their community whats going on. Their choice I guess, but at least it does not inspire much confidence.