Revitalize PVP

• Revitalize PVP

This is an amazing game that unfortunately suffers from an insufficient player base as of late. This is leading to long wait times that makes it hard for people that actually want to play the game from being able to. Why not make a simple change that will allow people to play. When there is no one to play against after waiting a reasonable time. Why not match a player up against a AI player instead.

I know that the AI is lacking in competitive capability, especially if it is limited to the same environment that people currently play in. But with a guarantee that a person will be able to play when they are on, it will encourage more people to play and should reduce the need for AI. Ideally, the AI should look just like another player, with a random name to prevent people from immediately realizing it is AI and to help make the game look more active then it currently is.
    • I have been with this game a long time. I to was ready to give up on the game. Yet every day I still see people here not letting the game die. I take a break every once in a while, but I can't help but come back to the game. I just want to see the game succeed and want to try and make it happen.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Illithid wrote:

Yet every day I still see people here not letting the game die.
      That's not what it takes. HXE doesn't need "people here" talking in the forums. It needs money in the bank.
      He is probably talking about people playing the game. You could always take your own advise if you want.

On a different note if hex wants to survive it needs fundamental changes. This wont be enough, but it is a suggestion, I watched the CCS on tribunal's channel and it pretty much is the same thing we have had for a few sets s/d control. If anything maybe have tournaments that just focus on one or two sets which dont include the usual suspects.
    • Eh, maybe. He said "here" and "here" are the forums. If it was in the ingame chat then sure. Plus, that's why I said that people here in the forums aren't exactly helping.

Pandaemonium wrote:

You could always take your own advise if you want.
      I don't. The guy I quoted said "I just want to see the game succeed and want to try and make it happen." (Bolded mine). As for myself, I stopped wanting to try and make Hex succeed a few months ago. I had been trying in the past and I'm not ashamed to admit that I failed. Game needed far more than mere players could offer.
    • Vroengard wrote:

Eh, maybe. He said "here" and "here" are the forums. If it was in the ingame chat then sure. Plus, that's why I said that people here in the forums aren't exactly helping.

Pandaemonium wrote:

You could always take your own advise if you want.
      I don't. The guy I quoted said "I just want to see the game succeed and want to try and make it happen." (Bolded mine). As for myself, I stopped wanting to try and make Hex succeed a few months ago. I had been trying in the past and I'm not ashamed to admit that I failed. Game needed far more than mere players could offer.
      Alot of people are in that same boat. There really isnt a crusade to fight any more on these forums. I guess my point is going after any player who advocates for hex isnt the way to go.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Pandaemonium ().

• While your idea is good on paper it doesn't really change much and it takes work. Assuming hex has a chance to recover something I'm not going to debate with anyone. Putting in a semi decent chunk of work to make the game slightly more playable for the current playerbase is not worth the effort in the slightest.

If they have the money to pay for that feature implementation they should putt it towards getting set 10 out which would generate them money regardless of if the game is doomed or not. Because some people would return for that and it would to some extent stimulate the playerbase to shorten que times for the ones now waiting in long ques.
    • New

Set 10 art is going to be easily more costly than some quality of life changes that may actually revitalize the game enough to actually earn enough to pay for other features like set 10 eventually. I have even offered my services free of charge to implement some of these changes and got zero feedback from the Devs.
    • New

Illithid wrote:

Set 10 art is going to be easily more costly than some quality of life changes that may actually revitalize the game enough to actually earn enough to pay for other features like set 10 eventually. I have even offered my services free of charge to implement some of these changes and got zero feedback from the Devs.
      why should you? There are no devs anymore...
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-