Friday Update - A Draconic Month

• What I'd like to see, and seems pretty easy to do, and great promotion for the game...

Every time they release a set of cards they put one new dungeon on the PVE map. 1 Dungeon. 10 encounters. All based on new cards/mechanics. Give you a chance to earn some new cards (limited pool as always)

Why? Keep PVE evolving. Also, it is great advertising for the new set to PVE players. They might see a new card in the new dungeon and decide it is worth buying some packs to go get.

It CAN'T be that hard to just drop 10 new encounters onto the existing maps, can it?
    • [PSN]angstinks81 wrote:

how about getting rid of that illusionary form card?
      That is the most ridiculous card when used with the manti to sit and watch your deck get buried and not be able to make a move. That is a joke. I took a break from hex because of that kind of stupidness. Just returned to see that is still there.
      Sounds like your first contact with a "combo" deck. It's fine to have those, you know, and Hex had far far less than MTG. Your comment isn't any different than "remove <X aggro card>" or "remove <Y control card>".
    • JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

What I'd like to see, and seems pretty easy to do, and great promotion for the game...

Every time they release a set of cards they put one new dungeon on the PVE map. 1 Dungeon. 10 encounters. All based on new cards/mechanics. Give you a chance to earn some new cards (limited pool as always)

Why? Keep PVE evolving. Also, it is great advertising for the new set to PVE players. They might see a new card in the new dungeon and decide it is worth buying some packs to go get.

It CAN'T be that hard to just drop 10 new encounters onto the existing maps, can it
      Coding new dungeon encounters probably takes a lot more time than you think. Most dungeons involve multiple new cards, and most encounters have interesting passive abilities, some of them non-trivial. When implementing them, you could run into seemingly simple effects unintentionally breaking other things or just refusing to work right until you fix some other underlying problem.

It's probably not 'THAT' hard, but more time and effort than a 0-employee operation can spare. Of course, they should have been doing that back when they were actually releasing sets, but as pointed out above, they stopped caring about PvE for some reason (it was too hard??), so they lost that whole crowd.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • I think it could be done with a minimum of effort really. The passives could simply be effects from existing cards. Say you want to highlight a new mechanic of ... Verdict. Say fully half of your dungeon is devoted to verdict decks.

Passive #1 - Whan you play a spirit then verdict.
      Passive #2 - Verdicts are ancient verdicts.
      Passive #3 - When a minion with 5 or more attack attacks verdict.
      Passive #4 - Start the match with a Spirit of retribution in play. Minions don't revert.
      Passive #5 - Start game with a Nightfall and Sunrise in play.

Or thereabouts. You don't really have to reinvent the wheel with the passives unless you want to and still make the battles interesting.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JazzfanTwentySev ().

• JazzfanTwentySev wrote:

I think it could be done with a minimum of effort really. The passives could simply be effects from existing cards. Say you want to highlight a new mechanic of ... Verdict. Say fully half of your dungeon is devoted to verdict decks.

Passive #1 - Whan you play a spirit then verdict.
      Passive #2 - Verdicts are ancient verdicts.
      Passive #3 - When a minion with 5 or more attack attacks verdict.
      Passive #4 - Start the match with a Spirit of retribution in play. Minions don't revert.
      Passive #5 - Start game with a Nightfall and Sunrise in play.

Or thereabouts. You don't really have to reinvent the wheel with the passives unless you want to and still make the battles interesting.
      The problem: Minimum of Effort is still SOME effort.

There's nobody working on Hex. Dinotropia likely gets paid a pittance to pop by and paste a community update once a week. And they probably have one of the coders working on one of their other games put in an hour or two on bugfixes from reports every few weeks
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • how about getting rid of that illusionary form card?
      That is the most ridiculous card when used with the manti to sit and watch your deck get buried and not be able to make a move. That is a joke. I took a break from hex because of that kind of stupidness. Just returned to see that is still there.

Vroengard wrote:

[PSN]angstinks81 wrote:

how about getting rid of that illusionary form card?
      Sounds like your first contact with a "combo" deck. It's fine to have those, you know, and Hex had far far less than MTG. Your comment isn't any different than "remove <X aggro card>" or "remove <Y control card>".
      No, it's not my first time. I see a few others that are just as stupid. When you can't make a move in return that isn't a match, it's just pure cheese and stupid af.
    • also it would be great if console could do the trading and mailbox like PC but also if you could match up against a buddy. Some match ups I get on a regular is stupid af too, like going up against a cosmic one match then the next a silver or bronze, which btw silver and bronze matches are more interesting than the cosmic tards playing the constant deck or premade momentum or like I said the cheese manti with illusionary form burying my deck while I pick my nose.

We need more options for play and to make hex friends and choose to play hex friends.
    • [PSN]angstinks81 wrote:

also it would be great if console could do the trading and mailbox like PC but also if you could match up against a buddy. Some match ups I get on a regular is stupid af too, like going up against a cosmic one match then the next a silver or bronze, which btw silver and bronze matches are more interesting than the cosmic tards playing the constant deck or premade momentum or like I said the cheese manti with illusionary form burying my deck while I pick my nose.

We need more options for play and to make hex friends and choose to play hex friends.
      My friend, have you read the rest of the forum threads? You're suggesting some major stuff when they can't even do minor fixes and at a time when every week we're expecting the servers to shut down.