Friday Update - A Draconic Month

• I don't get the title. Why call out the month instead of the week for Spell Warz? Is something going on this month? Is it a reference to something I'm not familiar with?

What's draconic about this month?

Also, I find it ironic that, now that we've hit the point where even though there's no news that could be worse than our current situation, we still can't get any actual communication. Like, this should be the easiest time to talk about anything. Bad news, worst news, whatever. Nobody cares, we all know how bad it is. Just come on and tell us, "Oh, there's no development and no money, and things aren't going to turn around," or "Oh, things are really bad, but here's my long-term plan, even if it's never going to happen."

But I guess it just goes to show that Cory really has moved on to other projects. I was kind of surprised to even see a new Merry Melee with Perfect 10. Evidently someone is doing something, but we can't get any sort of status update on this game.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Repeat next week. I practiced on my response from last week:

Lovely sleeve. Would be useful if there were things to still do in the
      game. Also only 42 got to limited cosmic. They must be very dedicated to
      wait so much time for games. Also if you get to cosmic in limited you
      can play in the CCS.

Will someone who can or willing to do more than copy paste talk to us about the state of the game?

End copy paste thing.

Dinobot has been spreading into my brain. Send help.
    • I kinda wish this game was bigger than it is. Not because I want it to make a come back, I just want to see it get torn apart by people like Jim Sterling, like this game and studio so richly deserve. It's gotten to the point where the ineptitude of this studio is actually impressive.

*Awaits to be deleted by dinobot.*
      -Signature deleted by Dino.- :P
    • Mythgard is a promising card game (sadly promising means nothing on its own).

We could also discuss that Kurtis mentioned on discord that he wants to buy up hxe.

And no...I do not know more about it really. And no...I dont think anything will come of it or at least I dont think there is much hope left (if any).
    • Metronomy wrote:

Mythgard is a promising card game (sadly promising means nothing on its own).

We could also discuss that Kurtis mentioned on discord that he wants to buy up hxe.

And no...I do not know more about it really. And no...I dont think anything will come of it or at least I dont think there is much hope left (if any).
      I like this topic regarding Kurtis and his wealthy friend.
      Let's say Hex gets a second chance. What should be changed?
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • What should be changed ?

-The stance regarding communication, for one.

-Make dingleton its own free access format, and see people spend money because they want to ( buying their prized singles) and not because they have to ( cost of entry for playing what should be a casual mode )

-Test new sets for evo before releasing them > last set what nice to draft, horrendous to play evo with, no testing, sales periclit in one of the most noobie frendly, eaisly accessible paying mode > here we are Hex already near dead.

-Finish the PVE campaign by doing a AZ 3 and getting the new classes out, and call it a day once and for all, instead of making a weird siege mode that mostly fell flat.

-Link the ps4 and pc version so they can trade with each other and send stuff to each other.

- Assist and invest in all the amazing people that were willing to stream and propagate your game, instead of just letting them get exhausted and feel like they have put theirs coins in the wrong machine.

Of course, hindsight is 20/20... but some of this stuff was horrendous for the start and pointed as horrendous since the very moment it was announced. So not all of this is hindsight unfortunatly.
      Awaiting the Doomwalker's arrival in Entrath since the Beta.

" Honey, where's my chaos key ?
      - Have you searched in your chaos coat ?
      - Shoot I left it in the chaos car... "

... Still be waiting for a while it seems ...
    • Metronomy wrote:

Mythgard is a promising card game (sadly promising means nothing on its own).

Well, however much a fantasy, I wouldn't mind getting updated once a week or two weeks about that. If not in Friday updates, then in its own topic or on Reddit.
    • AxelDWater wrote:

I'm gonna indulge this question since I'm a sucker for brainstorming about this stuff:

1) We need new blood so a tablet version is key. Last we heard is that not much extra work needed to be done after PS4 port to bring to tablet, so I hope this is what Chris has been working on last few months.

2) The current monetization model should be changed to a TCG/CCG hybrid similar to Pokemon TCGO where TCG fans can keep doing their thing, but a F2P system is implemented where free cards are generously handed out similar to other CCGs (HS/MTGA) that are account bound. Chris was also working on a helper for the new player experience, so maybe these two can be integrated.

3) Since it'll be a while before new features can be implemented that community has asked for for years, have a relaunch with the tablet release that takes us back to Set 1 (with F2P CCG model integrated). New sets coming out every 3 months will give the team 2 years to work on all the stuff that the community has asked for but the team never had time to make due to working on PvP. Some of the cards can be changed from lessons learnt and to inject some new life for existing players (I joked about this in another post, but maybe there's some merit to it). I mean at this point even just going back and replaying all the different draft formats every 3 months would be better than status quo. Income from this will go towards building out the missing features.

4) Add some rotating limited modes that will help this relaunch feel fresh (especially for existing players). MTGA started doing this with stuff like extra lands per turn for limited.

5) Pay someone to guerilla market the game everywhere. There shouldn't be a general CCG discussion board/article anywhere online that doesn't mention Hex.

6) For this 2 year window until PvP catches up, make a realistic timeline/roadmap of what players can expect. Communication here needs to change to a totally open approach (like livecam into the sausage factory type of transparency) since community confidence has been eroded. This is absolutely key and stubborness around this topic is as silly and out of touch as Blizzard announcing D:Immortal at Blizzcon.

7) What to work on during this time? Many of the low hanging fruit that community has been pleading for need to be addressed first to get some quick easy wins. Tweaks to AH, EDH/Commander/Dinglerton or whatever, add casual Siege mode etc. Beyond that raids and features that will add much longevity to existing game (creating custom game rules/formats, Roguelite FRA, Siege Dungeon creator etc) seem like best use of the time. Opening this up to polls and community involvement once again is key.

If you set up all these cool ways for people to enjoy their cards and the game during this time, they will actually be yearning for new cards to own,collect, and play around with after the 2 year relaunch window is over.
    • Bootlace wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

5) Pay someone to guerilla market the game everywhere. There shouldn't be a general CCG discussion board/article anywhere online that doesn't mention Hex.
      What they really need(ed) was an affiliate marketing program and let the marketplace bring people here. That's what you do when you don't have in-house folks who know what they're doing on the marketing front.