Friday Update - Perfect 10

• Lovely sleeve. Would be useful if there were things to still do in the game. Also only 42 got to limited cosmic. They must be very dedicated to wait so much time for games. Also if you get to cosmic in limited you can play in the CCS.

Will someone who can or willing to do more than copy paste talk to us about the state of the game?
    • RoyG wrote:

Lovely sleeve. Would be useful if there were things to still do in the game. Also only 42 got to limited cosmic. They must be very dedicated to wait so much time for games. Also if you get to cosmic in limited you can play in the CCS.

Will someone who can or willing to do more than copy paste talk to us about the state of the game?
      I think the best thing to do is just play the game as it is. I would love to hear from them but People are just going to come in and complain

I wish they would just adjust things in the game to condense the number of players and offer a bit less options

Something like making drafts fire per hour or adding some mix drafting and stuff.

They already have curated drafts ready

Anyway I still play a little bit but when I wait too long I leave, which is a pity
    • CoSVII wrote:

Walking Calamity turn 1 seems too good to be true....
      They made it standard so PS4 players can enter, without being decimated by Immortal broken stuff...
      But yeah... I would love to see that happen...
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • You still get to play one card on your opponent's turn right? Even if Calamity was legal there are answers in standard;

Gorge of the Gore God - make it a 1/1
      Blaze of Glory
      Assimilate
      Deep Freeze
      Dingle
      Something Borrowed

Plenty of sorcery speed void effects.
    • All that discussion brought to my mind, how awesome a custom mode would be, so you can have fun with your friends...
      For example....

1. Choose Immortal or Standard
      2. Choose Limited or Constructed
      3. Choose open thresholds and starting resources.
      4. Choose restrictions.
      5. Have fun!
      But nooo....
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • AxelDWater wrote:

All that discussion brought to my mind, how awesome a custom mode would be, so you can have fun with your friends...
      For example....

1. Choose Immortal or Standard
      2. Choose Limited or Constructed
      3. Choose open thresholds and starting resources.
      4. Choose restrictions.
      5. Have fun!
      But nooo....
      the funny thing is, the artifact FAQ about the game features at launch covers most of the stuff we wanted from Hex.. its an unfair comparison tho ... since valve is one of the biggest players out there, but even they could have fucked up, so... yay, cant wait to play it soon.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

People coming in to complain should not be a worry for them. If it is then they really should not be running an online game.
      Correct. At this point it should not be anymore.

It should have been like 2 years ago when there still was time for a course correction and when people complaining where labeled as "crybabies" by other community members.
    • My friday update :
      Artifact just release its economic model similar to Hex. Nothing unexpected but people are very hundry by learning this...

Well the game will go into oblivion in less time Hex did. Vamve will not be ok to lose money during more than 2 years...

The gameplay is still looking awful by the way.

I am play Invisible Inc. Very fun and difficult turn base infiltration game

Oh and direct challenge in Magic Arena is coming in 3 days.

See you next week.
    • Does anyone know if Artifact is planning on having at least a decent AI and/or single-player campaign? I'm willing to give the game a shot, but if it's just playing against other players, I'll give it a pass.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Tbh i did enjoy the artifact gameplay, and i prefer tcg € model over ccg pseudo f2p too.

Artifact will be fine, esp. since valve will host lots of huge cash tournaments, at least thats what i think.
    • Cernz wrote:

Tbh i did enjoy the artifact gameplay, and i prefer tcg € model over ccg pseudo f2p too.

Artifact will be fine, esp. since valve will host lots of huge cash tournaments, at least thats what i think.
      Well, their $1,000,000 just sounds like a bigger version of hex's $100,000, which was ultimately pointless. If you don't have the product, throwing money at players doesn't do anything. I did notice that they're trying to court the Hex players by specifically mentioning custom tournaments/formats, so I'm surprised they'd repeat what has widely been regarded as a mistake with Hex, but on a greater factor by ten.

Lacking PvE will definitely be a detriment for me, but if the drafting's fun enough, I could see myself dropping some money into it. The whole 'buy phase' thing seems intriguing as a mechanic.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

Cernz wrote:

Tbh i did enjoy the artifact gameplay, and i prefer tcg € model over ccg pseudo f2p too.

Well, their $1,000,000 just sounds like a bigger version of hex's $100,000, which was ultimately pointless. If you don't have the product, throwing money at players doesn't do anything. I did notice that they're trying to court the Hex players by specifically mentioning custom tournaments/formats, so I'm surprised they'd repeat what has widely been regarded as a mistake with Hex, but on a greater factor by ten.
      Lacking PvE will definitely be a detriment for me, but if the drafting's fun enough, I could see myself dropping some money into it. The whole 'buy phase' thing seems intriguing as a mechanic.

you might be right, i mean ... it all stands with the new player experience (as we have seen with hex), and what i have seen so far, the game is a bit confusing at first, which might be a problem, but if they make it right and have some early value rewardings and a good tutorial it can work.

dont get me wrong, i dont think that artifact EVER will have a playerbase close to hearthstone, but i am confident that they will have at least similar numbers to magic arena maybe twice as much eventually.

Also why always talk about artifact or magic or artifact or hs ... i guess a lot of ppl will be playing several card games in the future, and artifact might cover a lot of other players - like ppl from gwent for example which dont like magic gameplay or teso players who already play with several "lines" etc..

time will tell tho :) - just some weeks to go from now.

i will keep playing magic arena as a f2p player and maybe wasting my hex platinum too from time to time, but i will def. try to get into artifact since i prefer tcgs and there is no real other option for me beside of artifact (mtgo is not an option) ;)