Overdue Tournament Prizes

• A few good bits of information from Dino’s post.

A) there is still a team

B) they still communicate with each other

C) the team monitors situations where they agreed to pay out prizes to someone, but cannot.

D) if they didn’t have A B or C, I think the situation would be easy to solve.

SOON
    • I am surprised we actually got a response from Dino.

What it means that they cannot pay out what amounts to a couple thousand dollars (there really arent that many people still waiting since they paid out until sometime in march and they stopped with cash prizes altogether at end of april) is pretty apparent. They werent able to pay those people for 7 months now.

I wonder if the staff gets money. I wonder if there is a staff. I wonder what CZEs role is in all this. I understand that the companys are separated legaly but I also wonder if they somehow pay for what little still got done with this game this year but refuse (or cannot legaly) pay out the remaining prize winners.
      I wonder if someone actually has a plan for this game. I wonder what the plan might be. I wonder if it might involve a planned (and maybe purposefuly delayed) filing for bankrupcy. I dont wonder if someone buys out the game or the IP (that would make no financial sense whatsoever).

The post was edited 2 times, last by Metronomy ().

• My assumption after reading this is that "The Hex Team" (Cory, Dino, and maybe someone else?) routinely pull up the bank account for Hex to check to see if they can pay out the remaining cash prizes. Maybe estimate the timeline for paying out the next ones, the order in which to pay them, etc. Then leave Hex until next 'check in.'

The game will run until Hex has fulfilled it's financial obligations, maybe a little longer if they can keep the servers up effortlessly, but that seems like one of the last things it could hold out for.

I'm curious what financial shortfall happened that would cause them to be suddenly in debt to the degree that they could no longer meet financial obligations. Seems pretty sudden, judging by the timing of it all exploding earlier this year.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

My assumption after reading this is that "The Hex Team" (Cory, Dino, and maybe someone else?) routinely pull up the bank account for Hex to check to see if they can pay out the remaining cash prizes. Maybe estimate the timeline for paying out the next ones, the order in which to pay them, etc. Then leave Hex until next 'check in.'

The game will run until Hex has fulfilled it's financial obligations, maybe a little longer if they can keep the servers up effortlessly, but that seems like one of the last things it could hold out for.

I'm curious what financial shortfall happened that would cause them to be suddenly in debt to the degree that they could no longer meet financial obligations. Seems pretty sudden, judging by the timing of it all exploding earlier this year.
      nothing about this was sudden. It was always in the red... Can someone get me the exact number of AA cards? That was a waste of so much money. The 100k tournament was supposed to be a marketing strategy but then it passed by with so little coverage that it was a failed attempt. Hex hasn't made profit in any aspect of their attempts. PS4 has definitely brought it a net positive, but the positive is so small in comparison to the negative they are facing
    • HexEnt didn't even pay for the tournament. GameForge did. It was their money that was wasted. Without GF, the tournament never could have happened in the first place. Whether or not it should have is another issue. ;)
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Firstly lets stop attacking dino every time he posts something in a thread its neither nice or productive.

Secondly for anyone still owed prizes if you are in most states in the US and any country in the EU you can if you wish take legal action but would be recommended to find someone doing it pro bono as the cost far outweighs the gain otherwise. A ruling in your favor would mean that they would have assets seized or liquidated should they not pay up.

I don't personally think it is worth the effort but different sums of money as i have talked about previously have very different impacts on peoples finances. Some people wouldn't bend down and pick up a dirty 5$ others would spend a hour chipping out a quarter from a block of ice.

And to anyone that got this far i hope you are all doing well, i will most likely not be posting much unless things change but i want you all to know i appreciate you, even those i disagree with for the passion you have all shown for the game.