Overdue Tournament Prizes

• Overdue Tournament Prizes

So I know it's been a while, and I understand the situation that Hex is in at least as intimately as many, but...

I sent both Kyle and Dino e-mails trying to get a feel for what's going on since we haven't heard anything regarding prizes (to my knowledge) since the last window of "hopefully by the end of July." This wouldn't be as upsetting, but I've received exactly no response and it's been over a month. Just dropping a line here to see if others are still in this situation, or if I'm just somehow left in the dark. To clarify, this includes tournament prizes from all the way back in March that I still haven't received payouts from.

Not trying to add fuel to the fire, but...it's been like seven months, and there should at least be some open communication about this.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Etruia ().

• Back in July I got paid for a March 3rd Clash. From what others have posted it seems like the cutoff that HexEnt could afford was sometime in that month.

I seriously doubt they will ever pay out again. They certainly have made it clear they aren't going to communicate on any topic ever again.
    • Sorry to hear about your predicament. Sucks that you can't get what you rightfully earned, but hey, think of the bigger picture: No one here got what he wanted / was promised / paid for. Every player got screwed. This endeavor was a huge bubbly mess. Take your losses, walk away and don't look back.
    • Isn't there some legal action you could undertake? They have had enough time to pay, but what's even more ridiculous is the fact that they just completely ignore you in hope it just blows over and you give up... Truly disgusting behaviour and they shouldn't get away with it.
    • Hey Etruia (and anyone else waiting on Tournament prizes), your messages have not been going into the void. The team continues to monitor the situation and has regular conversations on where we are and how we can get you the these payouts. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but I know we are committed to paying out any prizes which have been won in the past. Thanks for your continued patience.
    • Etruia wrote:

I sent both Kyle and Dino e-mails trying to get a feel for what's going on since we haven't heard anything ...

Dinotropia wrote:

Hey Etruia (and anyone else waiting on Tournament prizes), your messages have not been going into the void. The team continues to monitor the situation and has regular conversations on where we are and how we can get you the these payouts. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but I know we are committed to paying out any prizes which have been won in the past. Thanks for your continued patience.

There is a disconnect here. As a basic courtesy, couldn't someone have sent him a PM to this effect a month ago after one of these "regular conversations"?

Not going into a void does you absolutely no favors in terms of saving any shred of face or dignity when the perception of that void is absolutely apparent to everyone else. And all it takes is the same time it took you to post this, but in a PM to the afflicted rather than waiting for even more BS to air publicly.

This has gone from disappointing to frustrating to infuriating to disgusting to just plain pathetic since the wave broke back in May. You're well on your way into "case study" territory these days. I guess it is fine, as long as someone learns something from all of this.
      The Unnamed Council - Community Admin
    • Dinotropia wrote:

Hey Etruia (and anyone else waiting on Tournament prizes), your messages have not been going into the void. The team continues to monitor the situation and has regular conversations on where we are and how we can get you the these payouts. I don't have an ETA for you right now, but I know we are committed to paying out any prizes which have been won in the past. Thanks for your continued patience.
      You guys seem to have conversations about a lot of things, but stuff never gets done. You were "committed" to a lot of kickstarter features too but we all know what happened to them.
    • Dinotropia wrote:

Translation: Cory and Cryptozotic are kind of sorry you are never getting paid, but not enough to do anything about it. If you could stop PMing them and making threads that would be great.
    • Greyhaven wrote:

Etruia wrote:

I sent both Kyle and Dino e-mails trying to get a feel for what's going on since we haven't heard anything ...

Dinotropia wrote:

There is a disconnect here. As a basic courtesy, couldn't someone have sent him a PM to this effect a month ago after one of these "regular conversations"?

Not going into a void does you absolutely no favors in terms of saving any shred of face or dignity when the perception of that void is absolutely apparent to everyone else. And all it takes is the same time it took you to post this, but in a PM to the afflicted rather than waiting for even more BS to air publicly.

This has gone from disappointing to frustrating to infuriating to disgusting to just plain pathetic since the wave broke back in May. You're well on your way into "case study" territory these days. I guess it is fine, as long as someone learns something from all of this.
      This delay in their private response leading to a public embarrassment is basically a step-by-step recreation of 'Artistgate'. Guess HEXent learns as well as their AI does.

The next step is shutting down conversation, wiping posts, and admonishing the forumgoers for speaking without being spoken to.
    • The voices in your head don't count as having conversations. Responding to a public outcry a month later isn't customer service. It's an insult. Try making direct responses to people when you've "had a conversation" about an issue, instead of ignoring them. Everyone is completely justified in assuming their messages are going into a void, since not even getting a confirmation that your message was received is exactly that, a void.

Worst customer service possible.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well