Friday Update - Fired Up

    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

      Stuie wrote:

      They don't even bother with seasonal stuff any more do they? How sad. Oh right - that would require them to give a shit about PVE... never mind.
      not about pve really, its all about the art, or better yet, lack thereof
      It's all about the art of poor management. :P
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • I was at the Spiel 2018 in Essen and tried to find someone from the hex "team" or Cory there none of the 4 days was anyone of them there and the personal there was incompetent and couldn't answer questions about it. So the whole company does not look to be in a good shape. The most important board game event in the world and the Crypto guys can't even send their president there.
    • Treasure wrote:

      I was at the Spiel 2018 in Essen and tried to find someone from the hex "team" or Cory there none of the 4 days was anyone of them there and the personal there was incompetent and couldn't answer questions about it. So the whole company does not look to be in a good shape. The most important board game event in the world and the Crypto guys can't even send their president there.
      Maybe that is a sign of bigger problems than just hex. I find it hard to believe that this year we were told that hex was profitable and then poor sales on one set (that was anti evo) brings total destruction for the game.
    • Ertzi wrote:

      I am enjoying Thronebreaker very much. Only a few hours in, but I am positively surprised about the polish. It feels better when playing than it looked in any of the preview videos. The world map is exactly like something that would have been amazing in HEX. I even love the art style. So far I'm pretty excited. Let's see if it'll last. Need to learn more about the mechanics and have some more battles under my belt to know if they will hold my interest. Who knows, Thronebreaker could even become the second best PVE card game I have ever played. Time will tell. The potential is there. Oh yeah, lol Friday update. Or something. I don't care anymore.

      Obsidian wrote:

      Let me know. I watched a couple hours of Day9 playing Thronebreaker and just kind of lost interest. The mechanics really didn't look engaging to me, since it seemed like a lot of cards couldn't interact with each other? But if you find it holds up well over time, I might give it a shot.
      Time for a progress report! Okay, I am slowly but surely plodding through the game (goddamn, theater acting as a hobby takes a lot of time!)

      I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed after playing some more. The setting, story, voice acting, all of these immersion things are great, but with a card game it all comes down to gameplay for me. It seems Thronebreaker is a puzzle game disguised as a card game. There are way more puzzle encounters than normal combat encounters (for which you actually use the deck you have built from your collection). These puzzles only take one round and you use a predetermined set of cards. This is boring as shit. If I want to play a puzzle game, I will play Puzzle Quest or Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I wanted a card game with clear deckbuilding demands.

      The gameplay is all about numbers as well, and I hate math. The absolute dream would be to have Thronebreaker team's resources but HEX's mechanics and gameplay. There is no replayability in Thronebreaker with these mechanics. At this rate, Thronebreaker will not even be in my top 5 digital card games. I will definitely still play it all the way through, but only because of the story. That is a crazy statement about a card game.

      Here is a picture of Henry Cavill as Geralt (upcoming Netflix show):

    • Ertzi wrote:

      Ertzi wrote:

      I am enjoying Thronebreaker very much. Only a few hours in, but I am positively surprised about the polish. It feels better when playing than it looked in any of the preview videos. The world map is exactly like something that would have been amazing in HEX. I even love the art style. So far I'm pretty excited. Let's see if it'll last. Need to learn more about the mechanics and have some more battles under my belt to know if they will hold my interest. Who knows, Thronebreaker could even become the second best PVE card game I have ever played. Time will tell. The potential is there. Oh yeah, lol Friday update. Or something. I don't care anymore.

      Obsidian wrote:

      Let me know. I watched a couple hours of Day9 playing Thronebreaker and just kind of lost interest. The mechanics really didn't look engaging to me, since it seemed like a lot of cards couldn't interact with each other? But if you find it holds up well over time, I might give it a shot.
      Time for a progress report! Okay, I am slowly but surely plodding through the game (goddamn, theater acting as a hobby takes a lot of time!)
      I gotta say I'm a bit disappointed after playing some more. The setting, story, voice acting, all of these immersion things are great, but with a card game it all comes down to gameplay for me. It seems Thronebreaker is a puzzle game disguised as a card game. There are way more puzzle encounters than normal combat encounters (for which you actually use the deck you have built from your collection). These puzzles only take one round and you use a predetermined set of cards. This is boring as shit. If I want to play a puzzle game, I will play Puzzle Quest or Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes. I wanted a card game with clear deckbuilding demands.

      The gameplay is all about numbers as well, and I hate math. The absolute dream would be to have Thronebreaker team's resources but HEX's mechanics and gameplay. There is no replayability in Thronebreaker with these mechanics. At this rate, Thronebreaker will not even be in my top 5 digital card games. I will definitely still play it all the way through, but only because of the story. That is a crazy statement about a card game.

      Here is a picture of Henry Cavill as Geralt (upcoming Netflix show):


      I would prefer Mads Mikkelsen for this role.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • That's too bad. I do enjoy puzzles, so it might still be worth checking out eventually for me, but I guess I'm still waiting for a good digital card game rpg. With both Hex and Thronebreaker visible now, maybe some other company can start forging a really good blend successfully. It seems like it might be a growing genre, and Thronebreaker might give it the popularity needed to produce something really good.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

      That's too bad. I do enjoy puzzles, so it might still be worth checking out eventually for me, but I guess I'm still waiting for a good digital card game rpg. With both Hex and Thronebreaker visible now, maybe some other company can start forging a really good blend successfully. It seems like it might be a growing genre, and Thronebreaker might give it the popularity needed to produce something really good.
      Somebody convince Bill Gates to buy Hex.
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

      Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Obsidian wrote:

      That's too bad. I do enjoy puzzles, so it might still be worth checking out eventually for me, but I guess I'm still waiting for a good digital card game rpg. With both Hex and Thronebreaker visible now, maybe some other company can start forging a really good blend successfully. It seems like it might be a growing genre, and Thronebreaker might give it the popularity needed to produce something really good.
      This is my hope too. I really wish Thronebreaker sells well, but it has nothing to do about wanting a sequel. I want more developers attacking the genre.
    • CoSVII wrote:

      I just wish sir pies was a better card ... so many pies no one is buying what he smells like ... spell shield quick and steadfast skyguard? One more boon would have made him berry much more playable.
      You are probably right one more keyword would have pushed him over the bump. That said he will always be my special pun bun. love you piey <3

      Dinotropia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      @Dinotropia Is it intended that the gold tier reward is still AA sir pies because currently only the platinum reward is jouncing carnage.
      Hmmm... that's sirpiezing. Let me talk to the team. Is this just a visual error or did you get Sir Pies as a reward for that rank as well?
      I definitely got him as well
    • Dinotropia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      @Dinotropia Is it intended that the gold tier reward is still AA sir pies because currently only the platinum reward is jouncing carnage.
      Hmmm... that's sirpiezing. Let me talk to the team. Is this just a visual error or did you get Sir Pies as a reward for that rank as well?
      The "team" 8|
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Cernz wrote:

      Dinotropia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      @Dinotropia Is it intended that the gold tier reward is still AA sir pies because currently only the platinum reward is jouncing carnage.
      Hmmm... that's sirpiezing. Let me talk to the team. Is this just a visual error or did you get Sir Pies as a reward for that rank as well?
      The "team" 8|
      Focus your energy into creativity and positivity and you will feel so much better my dude.
    • Wolzarg wrote:

      Cernz wrote:

      Dinotropia wrote:

      Wolzarg wrote:

      @Dinotropia Is it intended that the gold tier reward is still AA sir pies because currently only the platinum reward is jouncing carnage.
      Hmmm... that's sirpiezing. Let me talk to the team. Is this just a visual error or did you get Sir Pies as a reward for that rank as well?
      The "team" 8|
      Focus your energy into creativity and positivity and you will feel so much better my dude.
      thx dude, im feeling great, blaming "bad" ppl is my jam :whistling: :saint:
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-