Suggestion - Sell the IP.

• Firellius wrote:

It would be your last opportunity to handle HEX with decency. Give someone who DOES care a shot.
      I bet they tried to sell the IP and/or the complete game to get some money of it, but with no success.

With fierce competition all around a failed TCG and the attached mixed-quality lore don't attract too many buyers I guess.
    • Outside of recycling the art and some aspects of the code, purchasing this IP to make it into something that appeals to more players will take a colossal effort. An effort that may be easier starting from the ground up without the old IP looming over them with its bad press, unknown code situation, and negative associations.
    • I think the only way they save face is by giving it to the community. At least then we get something out of it.

I would definitely do my due diligence working through the code to see if it is even feasible to craft a plan and vision to improve aspects of the game.

With good coders, good vision, and near-free business model, it would be interesting to see if Hex could get some trackion with a set 1/2 relaunch from scratch that treats everything to date as a closed beta.... could probably throw a bone to the Kickstarters as well assuming that info is recoverable, but most of the collections and value would have to be lost/reset. (much of that shit was flawed to begin with and of much lesser value with a near-free business model).
    • Dekroma wrote:

I think the only way they save face is by giving it to the community. At least then we get something out of it.

I would definitely do my due diligence working through the code to see if it is even feasible to craft a plan and vision to improve aspects of the game.

With good coders, good vision, and near-free business model, it would be interesting to see if Hex could get some trackion with a set 1/2 relaunch from scratch that treats everything to date as a closed beta.... could probably throw a bone to the Kickstarters as well assuming that info is recoverable, but most of the collections and value would have to be lost/reset. (much of that shit was flawed to begin with and of much lesser value with a near-free business model).
      I'd be willing to help. Outside of game design, I don't know how much help I'd be, but I would be very much willing to help. I loved this game before its stagnation, and I would still love to see it flourish as much as it deserves.
    • Goliathus wrote:

Are we pulling a Skylords Reborn?
      YES!

Dekroma wrote:

I think the only way they save face is by giving it to the community. At least then we get something out of it.

If this would ever be a thing I would be more than willing to particite in the campaign side planning races, new classes and class talents, encounters and other campaign stuff. What @Firellius said would also apply to me. I don't know anything about coding or anything what I could even possibly relate to that so my contribution would still be rather limited.

The campaign in Hex is what I full heartedly enjoyed after it came in the end of January 2016 and stayed only to play that, even if that meant running the same campaign zones 20 times with different characters. The AZ1 is what caused me to buy first batch of platinum after spending few hours in the campaign. And thus it became a passion for me.

Nonetheless, dreams like reviving a game like this could be summed as overly optimistic but Entrath Reborn... man that would be
    • Well I wouldn't mind chipping in some effort.
      Other then having been a D&D Game Master for over 10 years, creating own systems and campaigns.
      I am now a Novice artist and animator. I use Clip studio.

Working on a Christmas project, being a first little anime part. (1-2 mins)

In January I am getting better equipment, and I will have free'd up some time after my first work.

I do not mind doing some work voluntary for Hex from January.
      It is not AAA grade, but getting near a B is okey and nice enough for the eyes to be considered commercial.
      It is getting near enough for me to start something on my own for low budget on the market next year.
      Working my little butt of on it at least xD