Friday Update - That's Our Jam

• Thanks for everything Fred, you were the best! I hope this project brought you enough joy with data crunching that you do not to regret it...

As a sidenote, anyone wants to bet how many players we will have in the Immortal tournament? I bet it will fire with 2 players that have historically saved enough tickets (I don't think there was 16 player limit, but they could have implemented it)! ;)
    • Sethanon wrote:

Thanks for everything Fred, you were the best! I hope this project brought you enough joy with data crunching that you do not to regret it...

As a sidenote, anyone wants to bet how many players we will have in the Immortal tournament? I bet it will fire with 2 players that have historically saved enough tickets (I don't think there was 16 player limit, but they could have implemented it)! ;)
      Hmm. I'm going to say 7 people who have enough tickets to even queue. 4 actually log in.

I'll give 10 pack of the current set to the closest guess since they are just monopoly money at this point anyway.
    • Bootlace wrote:

Was reading the comments on the review on Gwent's single player game "Thronebreaker" (which scored a 9 somehow) and saw someone say:

Gamespot wrote:

Only CDPR can make a card game into a well made single player...RPG? Dayum
      Someone luckily corrected him just below, but not referencing the game I expected, instead talking about Slay the Spire. <X
      And then I've been playing MTGA recently after like a 10 year break from MTG and the only new interesting innovation they seem to have added in this time are these scroll enchantments. Game and mechanics feel really stale when compared to the wackiness available in Hex and with the digital mechanics, gems, champs etc.

Had a look at some Artifact gameplay vids and it feels horribly convoluted and not something I want to get into at all.

I guess my point is that I hope somene sees the potential in Hex and keeps it alive, in terms of the core game it's still really good and timeless in its appeal.
      The thing is - i expected hex to be Thronebreaker, when it was in kickstarter. I imagined a map without nodes, free movement, random encounters - basically HOMAM with card battles. I never expected static nodes with no updates for years ?:(
    • we did not deserve to end this way. It was not at all dignified and respectful, especially for those who have invested and done so much for this game. If you dont worry about your "baby"...the baby is gonna die...and this is what is happening. @Fred Thank for all you ve done here. Hope to see this game again with different people over there. Have a great day to you all.
    • I believe we are now at the point where my anger towards how this was handled has spilled over to me wanting CZE to go bankrupt as well. There's no reason anyone in either the digital or traditional space should trust any of you.

This has been handled not like children, that would be unfair to children. You know that seen in Congo where Amy walks up to the silverbacks and they're all "NO, AMY UR TOO HUMANLIKE A GORILLA TO CHILL WITH US" and then they go back but they accept them later. Yea, you're the gray gorillas, but instead of violence your weapon of choice is complete disrespect towards anyone that cares.

Dino, it's time to walk.
    • You know - i hate PvP. But i had a blast with Singleton and Momir's in Magic Arena for 500 gold. Got tons of fun and some great rares for my collection.
      Now that im thinking - i haven't spend any money on it and i have 5 decent decks and 15 fun decks that even work on ladder. Magic may be unchanging and stale due to its physical limitations, but they seem not greedy and fair. If hex did fun formats for gold and not platinum, i would be playing.

But that's what so mental about the situation. We were standing there, guiding them what to do to have more people playing - communicate, have fun formats for gold, do not give up PvE... And we had no reaction. Cory releasing video with his hands over ears doing "lalalalala i cant hear you" would be at least some reaction. This all is pathetic. I loved hex, but this behavior closed me forever :(
    • Raptos wrote:

Oh look my comment got deleted. Way to prove me wrong HEX en, you're an A+ company after all. Please enjoy your incoming bankruptcy, you cads.
      You wanted them to go bankrupt, which is fine and great but won't bother CZE or Cory in the least. You need to ask for death in fires.
      "Winning with terrormill is not fun? Try losing with it"
    • The ultimate goal for hex now may be bankruptcy, they just arent there yet. As crazy as that sounds I really dont know what a logical alternative is now.

Please hex team, speak up, this may very well be the worst handling of a video game in history. What is sad is so few people care that is not being reported in any gaming outlets, I guess that is good for crypto.
    • Bootlace wrote:

Was reading the comments on the review on Gwent's single player game "Thronebreaker" (which scored a 9 somehow) and saw someone say:

Gamespot wrote:

Only CDPR can make a card game into a well made single player...RPG? Dayum
      Someone luckily corrected him just below, but not referencing the game I expected, instead talking about Slay the Spire. <X
      And then I've been playing MTGA recently after like a 10 year break from MTG and the only new interesting innovation they seem to have added in this time are these scroll enchantments. Game and mechanics feel really stale when compared to the wackiness available in Hex and with the digital mechanics, gems, champs etc.

Had a look at some Artifact gameplay vids and it feels horribly convoluted and not something I want to get into at all.

I guess my point is that I hope somene sees the potential in Hex and keeps it alive, in terms of the core game it's still really good and timeless in its appeal.
      You pointed out the main issue of Hex: no one knows. When no one knows about the game due to lack of advertisement, it's hard to make things happen.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

The ultimate goal for hex now may be bankruptcy, they just arent there yet. As crazy as that sounds I really dont know what a logical alternative is now.

Please hex team, speak up, this may very well be the worst handling of a video game in history. What is sad is so few people care that is not being reported in any gaming outlets, I guess that is good for crypto.
      If they don't pay up prizes I'll try my best to inform as many gaming news site as I possibly can.