Presentation vs mechanics

    • @Serprio the way I got pissed off at the autotapper was that it doesn't look at your hand when choosing which multi-dual colour cards to tap. Instead of tapping, for example, the Forest, it taps the G/R land for a green, and I know have an untapped Forest and a Shock in hand.

      I hope the AI gets better, with time, but I don't mind taking my time tapping manually. I play for fun, not max profit.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      @Serprio the way I got pissed off at the autotapper was that it doesn't look at your hand when choosing which multi-dual colour cards to tap. Instead of tapping, for example, the Forest, it taps the G/R land for a green, and I know have an untapped Forest and a Shock in hand.

      I hope the AI gets better, with time, but I don't mind taking my time tapping manually. I play for fun, not max profit.
      it got way better with the open beta patch, I do like the auto tap :whistling:
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Thoom wrote:

      My only real complaint with MTGA, polish wise, is that the autotapper is a pain in the ass. I want it on, because screw clicking 6 extra times to cast a spell, but in situations where it matters what I tap, I often forget to press the "full control" hotkey before casting. But that's my only option, other than completely disabling it.

      Otherwise, it's pretty much fine as a digital MTG implementation, I'm comfortably infinite on drafts after an initial $5 purchase, and DOM and GRN have been reasonably fun formats. They're not as good as Shards of Fate or Scars of War, but they're close enough to keep me sane.

      Vroengard wrote:

      If anyone's played MTG or MTG-like card game before, they should disable the auto-tapper immediately after the tutorial. It loses you games. THis is how the game is, you got to take the extra 15s and tap lands yourselves.
      Here's my tips:

      (1)You tap the land you know must be tapped first, then let the autotapper tap the rest. The tapper put the lands with ability on the lowest of priority, so manually tap them and then autocast the other land is fine 98% of the time.

      (2)For the 2% time where you need to be extremely precise, then manually tap every land for the turn. Still no reason to not have autotap on for the other 98% of the time you don't care.

      (3)You don't have to full control to manually tap land. Just tap the land first before you cast.

      (4)You can hold the card up front but not put it down, the autotapper will then tell you what lands it is going to tap for you. If you like it, slam it down for auto-tapping; if you don't like it, then pull the card back to your hand and manually tap lands.
    • @Goliathus Firstly, if I have to take half a step (tap one land, wait for the AI to tap the other) I may as well take the full step. Secondly, turning lands sideways is part of the game, I don't mind doing it (yea, that's probably weird sounding, I don't mind :P). Finally, I'd suggest you FIRST PLAY THE SPELL, THEN TAP THE LANDS. That's because you can't untap a land once tapped, but you can take back the spell if you change your mind.
    • Vroengard wrote:

      @Goliathus Firstly, if I have to take half a step (tap one land, wait for the AI to tap the other) I may as well take the full step. Secondly, turning lands sideways is part of the game, I don't mind doing it (yea, that's probably weird sounding, I don't mind :P). Finally, I'd suggest you FIRST PLAY THE SPELL, THEN TAP THE LANDS. That's because you can't untap a land once tapped, but you can take back the spell if you change your mind.
      Dude, you can untap the land, it's Z.

      Edit: I don't know why I typed "dude", feels like kind of a dick in that sentence so my apology. But yes, you can untap land.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Goliathus ().

    • Oh, I would like to add something. If you tap land first then cast spell, the opponent can see your tapping lands; if you cast and tap, your opponent cannot see the lands tapping one by one, it will merely see you hovering over those lands and they are all tapped once the spell is cast. This might make your opponent more careful if you are on auto-cast all the time and then suddenly manually tap land for a turn if he is in tryhard mode. Of course, you can bluff that by manual land-first tapping on some unimportant turns as well.