Petition to kill off the unpopular formats

    • I've made a total of over 10,000 posts across 3 forums supporting the game. Literally hundreds of thousands of words devoted to trying to help make the game better. I've been in direct communication in person and online with members of staff, including the boss man. My thoughts and ideas were ignored or summarily dismissed. I don't "owe" them anything at this point, Reeplay. They've proven they're fine with the game being dead by their lack of action or effort to stop it. I'm not obligated to play nice just because some people are sick of it. Sorry if that offends you... I guess tough?

      FWIW, I've LONG since moved on. Game has been uninstalled for over 2 months now and will never be installed again. But it amuses me to drop in here now and then and see what pipe dreams are still being mulled over. I don't expect to see anything positive happening here, it just makes me laugh to see the robots continuing to pretend everything is fine. Feel free to ignore me - I promise you, I won't be offended. ;)
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I think most of the suggestions are good

      - Sealed: Altho it is one of my favorite format, they never really did anything to promote it (Aka do something like a real prerelease or something when sets came out) Adding best of 3 (which was players ideas and not Hex Idea) put the queue to 0. See not only hex makes bad calls. KIll it

      - Immortal: Another Idea what went bad (gauthlet and weekly events). Format should be removed. Use immortal cards for more fun formatl (looking at you EDH that never came along) Kill it

      - Draft: Removing some barrier would be best. 2-0 should be able to match with 1-0. Would help. Agreed.

      - Evo: Once the fastest Queue to join and play. Good to keep as its really the best ''friendly formats) Keep it

      - PVE: Not considred queues in my point of view and I think a lot of people like to play with this (not me) . I actually think most of the population are playing this. Keep it

      - Ladder: B01 please.. since forever. bo3 shoudl be keeped for tourneys (aka bash/clash). Change it

      - Bash-Clash: I would definetly like to see something happening to this. Since your removing immortal, how about an immortal bash? How about an old sealed Clash or Chaos clash. I know might take programming time (as i see this, its complicated each time they want to modify something but what does asking cost) . Modify it


      @Dinotropia Could you pass the word?
    • It is not about being rude. And it surely isnt about harming the game (an impossible and pointless task at this point). The point Ossuary tries to make is that it is pointless. You are wasting your time. They did not respond or listen to feedback back when they still had a staff.

      Save yourself time and nerves. I wasted so much time writing on these forums and I have arrived at the point where I see the true pointlessness of it all.

      I understand that hope dies last..but honestly....let it drop.
      Again...not to be rude to be anybody but as a friendly suggestion.

      In german there is a perfect phrase for all this: "Vergeudete Liebesmüh"

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Metronomy ().

    • people attacking ossuary are more amusing than the slow death of this game. Ossuary has been a trooper since beginning of this game and once consideree one of the white knights of the forums. Anyone who disagrees with him and says he is "harming the game" @Reeplay don't understand what he is saying isn't harming the game. The game can't be harmed, the game is nonexistent. Hes trying to save people from investing in a dead cow. Any money hex makes from now until the games demise should be able to be taken to court. HXE knows the game is done and refuses to admit it. They are essentially stealing money from anyone who is putting money in the game currently
    • No real communication. Feedback mostly ignored for the last two years. All signs this year, especially in the last 4 months, point to insolvency using 2018 timeline to collect liquid assets to pay the government back, for money owed.

      Take it at face value until proven otherwise. No one really knows, but most everyone knows no one is working to make things better.

      They can tighten things up to make the game push forward from where it is now, but what would that really solve at this point? I’m on the hoping for a miracle side. I’d love to have a reason to play again.
    • Mormont wrote:

      The forum has an ignore feature. Use it. That will solve everyone's problem. Enough going after other forum users. That is not enough of us already.
      The issue with that is it doesn't really do anything. All it does is make you need to press a button to see their posts. It doesn't remove them from your sight. And if what I think what someone is typing is bad for the game ignoring them wouldn't stop them it would just make me stop seeing it while everyone else does.

      --------

      @Ossuary @Metronomy @AnomalyCobra
      Someone being positive to hex in the past doesn't excuse them to be negative now. And to be clear there's nothing wrong with being negative but keep in the threads made for it. There's zero reason to go into positive threads and do it.
      You're all acting in the assumption that everyone has the same mentality as you. There's no one I know of who are denying that hex isn't looking good. The thing all of you can't seem to grasp is that some people just don't care about that and just want to keep talking about a game they enjoy.
      There wasn't an expectation of a suggestion actually happening for years in this game but people still did if only because it lead to interesting discussions and for some of us that hasn't changed.

      Finally the game is online right now and there are people playing. There is even a slither of new people playing, I send commons to them often even now. The game can be in a worse state than it is. Spewing unrelated negative commons in every thread can still hurt the game so don't try to justify it by saying it doesn't.

      Anyway i'm not responding to the topic past this point. I have a feeling it will just be in circles from here on out and this is still supposed to be a thread about a suggestion to improve wait times for queues.
    • It's got nothing to do with mentality. It's got to do with reality. :)

      I just *love* the idea that anything anyone here says could possibly be any worse for the game than what the developers have already done to it themselves. It's adorable.
      --ossuary

      "Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • I've tried to be positive with the game in the past few months. But hey, if the devs are not even trying, why should I? Dino is the community manager and he only deletes topics and post the same friday update week after week, Cory seems to be gone, and I don't even know if there're other devs interested in resurrecting the game. That's the thing. A game can be in a good or bad moment, that happens. But if I see that something is being done, then we're onto something. We can discuss the steps that are being taken, etc. Right now, all I see is a dead game with the servers up. The day they announce something, we'll have a new discussion, but for now, this game is just waiting for the final day, and this is exclusively an HXE decision.

      I understand the "keep your negativity out of this thread" attitude, but to be honest, there's no way to overlook the current state of the game in any discussion in this forums.
      Twitter: @Plotynus
    • Plotynus wrote:

      I've tried to be positive with the game in the past few months. But hey, if the devs are not even trying, why should I? Dino is the community manager and he only deletes topics and post the same friday update week after week, Cory seems to be gone, and I don't even know if there're other devs interested in resurrecting the game. That's the thing. A game can be in a good or bad moment, that happens. But if I see that something is being done, then we're onto something. We can discuss the steps that are being taken, etc. Right now, all I see is a dead game with the servers up. The day they announce something, we'll have a new discussion, but for now, this game is just waiting for the final day, and this is exclusively an HXE decision.

      I understand the "keep your negativity out of this thread" attitude, but to be honest, there's no way to overlook the current state of the game in any discussion in this forums.
      It's not overlooked, how could it possibly be when the clear and obvious declaration of said state is repeated in every thread by the same ~8 people who get schadenfreude out of it.

      This thread is about a constructive and minor positive change, that's it. In fact, you guys should want to see it implemented, because if anything, that would show signs of life would it not? It's about desire, not delusion.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by icecon ().

    • AnomalyCobra wrote:

      i won't let people be fooled by hope and pipe dream ideas. Anyone who is giving people hope is just as guilty as HXE at this point. Sure we all want the game to make a U turn but that isn't going to happen
      its plain and simple:

      You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to have an attorney. If you cannot afford one, one will be appointed to you by the court. With these rights in mind, are you still willing to talk with me about the charges against you.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • It must be my binge session with Way of the Samurai but I kind of get the unfathomable loyalty now. If they want to play the game, let them play it; If they want to suggest something, let them suggest it. If those things are meaningless(in the black knight's perspective), then you all trying to stop them are equally meaningless because you all ain't changing anyone. Just save your time and do other stuffs, like I did until now. I could have posted "you are all talking to a wall, Hex is dead as F" but hey, equally pointless to post that a page ago before this skirmish happened.

      Also, (to the black knighta,) if you actually think you are that influential, start influencing something that can help the world and not this. I don't think I am influential at all and I also believe that most people aren't. If people want to give money into a dead game there is nothing we can do about that despite our belief and whatsoever, unless said people are your children, then maybe you can do something about that.

      People just waste too much time trying to change people's way of doing things. Like I roam Fire Emblem reddit and the argument is you either play permadeath or you ain't playing FE. If you restart with permadeath you ain't playing FE either, ironman is the way to go and so on. Big whoops, just let people do their things their way.
    • I hope Ossuary, Anomaly Cobra and others have strength and will to make "hate posts" for as long as it is needed, since they still haven't payed what they are due to many players. How can you respect a company who makes 2 deadlines, misses them and then still keeps silent about everything (not to even mention set 10).

      Continue on "haters", there are people who admire your hard work and dedication!
    • Goliathus wrote:

      It must be my binge session with Way of the Samurai but I kind of get the unfathomable loyalty now. If they want to play the game, let them play it; If they want to suggest something, let them suggest it. If those things are meaningless(in the black knight's perspective), then you all trying to stop them are equally meaningless because you all ain't changing anyone. Just save your time and do other stuffs, like I did until now. I could have posted "you are all talking to a wall, Hex is dead as F" but hey, equally pointless to post that a page ago before this skirmish happened.

      Also, (to the black knighta,) if you actually think you are that influential, start influencing something that can help the world and not this. I don't think I am influential at all and I also believe that most people aren't. If people want to give money into a dead game there is nothing we can do about that despite our belief and whatsoever, unless said people are your children, then maybe you can do something about that.

      People just waste too much time trying to change people's way of doing things. Like I roam Fire Emblem reddit and the argument is you either play permadeath or you ain't playing FE. If you restart with permadeath you ain't playing FE either, ironman is the way to go and so on. Big whoops, just let people do their things their way.
      ah well, i would play the game, but i am not able to play the game since i never find matches in my evo queues ... maybe its my fault, but who knows.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • There is nothing wrong with people wanting to post constructive feedback. However, those people have no right to attack others or think people shoudnt be allowed to post on their thread. At the end of the day everyone who posts here cares about the game, they are not trolls trying to make your life miserable.
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

      There is nothing wrong with people wanting to post constructive feedback. However, those people have no right to attack others or think people shoudnt be allowed to post on their thread. At the end of the day everyone who posts here cares about the game, they are not trolls trying to make your life miserable.
      "But it amuses me to drop in here now and then and see what pipe dreams are still being mulled over. I don't expect to see anything positive happening here, it just makes me laugh to see the robots continuing to pretend everything is fine."

      -Ossuary

      This is not caring about the game, this is schadenfreude. Calling it like it is.
    • icecon wrote:

      Pandaemonium wrote:

      There is nothing wrong with people wanting to post constructive feedback. However, those people have no right to attack others or think people shoudnt be allowed to post on their thread. At the end of the day everyone who posts here cares about the game, they are not trolls trying to make your life miserable.
      "But it amuses me to drop in here now and then and see what pipe dreams are still being mulled over. I don't expect to see anything positive happening here, it just makes me laugh to see the robots continuing to pretend everything is fine."
      -Ossuary

      This is not caring about the game, this is schadenfreude. Calling it like it is.
      Personal attacks usually show that the person is doing it wrong. Oss and I had heated bad arguments years ago and I disagreed with alot of what he said. My respect for him actually increased lately. However, I also disagree with what he said above. Anyone attacking others should stop, especially right now given that people are upset about the whole situation.

      Edit I am no saint, I get pissed thinking how this game morphed into a hardcore tcg and I want to blame people and have lashed out.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Pandaemonium ().

    • Reeplay wrote:

      The issue with that is it doesn't really do anything. All it does is make you need to press a button to see their posts. It doesn't remove them from your sight.
      This is exactly what it should do.

      It is so awful that our internet culture is about 'writing people off as irredeemable' and that anyone would EVER want to 100% remove someone from their sight permanently. It's just sad. I know you'll likely not see this comment, because I'm pretty sure you have me ignored and I doubt you'll click the button... but... I am GLAD that I have the option to view posts of people I have ignored(yes, even Schild). Sometimes, reconciliation happens. Sometimes, people change. And sometimes, that person you dislike does something you're happy to see.

      It's not like in real life you can completely remove someone from your life - even someone you cut contact with you can still run into sometimes. Unless you get a restraining order, but that requires a crime be committed.

      But that's enough about this.

      On topic... If there's still anyone paying attention to Hex, it is definitely worth that person's time to remove queue restrictions on draft at the very least. There just aren't enough people to support the current format. It's a discussion that, if there is a 'they' there at Hex, they should be having.

      How can they make what is left of the game as appealing as possible so as to not scare away any potential new players?

      They can't afford new content right now, so they should at least try to make what they have as appealing as they can... but I just don't have faith that there's anyone over there working on the game... so I fear all these good ideas are wasted.
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

      Also... I'm terrible at this game.