Friday Update - Hot Stuff

• Every week I wait for the weekly update to see if there's good news.When waiting I ask was investing all this time and money into Hex was worth it.It could have been the greatest,most fun,revolutionary and innovative MMOTCG ever been.It could of made millions of dollars,be greater then Hearthstone.

However I am not disappointed since every week we are all inspired to see Cory's brilliant leadership and management skills,his integrity and honor.Also We are blessed to have Dinobot in our lives.Hex's most advanced creation,AI whose copy paste skills are second to none,who takes those skills and hones them to perfection week after week despite the negativity of this community.Also we see his community management skills,he learn them with his highly advanced neural networks and improve his management skills to create ever growing,positive and supporting community filled with love and joy.He gets paid for copy pasting more then anyone else will ever be paid for it.

You are all negative people,heathens and your blasphemy will bring upon you judgement day when Dinobot will unleash the nukes.I hope in those moments you will all understand the greatness of Hex in you doubting,skeptic hearts.
    • I would not be surprised if they are keeping this game partially alive because they have a contract with Sony. Something in the line of you need to offer services for 1 year minimum otherwise give us our cash back or something like that.

The hardest part of a failure is admitting you failed. We can see that no one has the courage to do so .
    • Portensio wrote:

I would not be surprised if they are keeping this game partially alive because they have a contract with Sony. Something in the line of you need to offer services for 1 year minimum otherwise give us our cash back or something like that.

The hardest part of a failure is admitting you failed. We can see that no one has the courage to do so .
      It doesnt even look like failure at this point, but something much worse. A contract would be broken if hex is insolvent and I dont know what sony would do. I also would be shocked as hell if sony gives a crap what happens to hex.
    • Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down.

It's a little disingenuous to say there's so much more to come, though.

I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights on, something has to give to turn the game around.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Pandaemonium wrote:

Portensio wrote:

I would not be surprised if they are keeping this game partially alive because they have a contract with Sony. Something in the line of you need to offer services for 1 year minimum otherwise give us our cash back or something like that.

It doesnt even look like failure at this point, but something much worse. A contract would be broken if hex is insolvent and I dont know what sony would do. I also would be shocked as hell if sony gives a crap what happens to hex.
      Yeah I doubt sony care at all, to them this game is now worth less to them than shovelware, sadly they aren't the only ones who seem not to care, it's sad, I can't speak as a Kickstarter backer as I started playing well into set 8 but what saddens me is that people that put so many hours into streaming and building this community, yes it may not have had the most viewers for a tcg but how many tcg's have great content producers putting out gameshows, podcasts (ok most of them with that one), weekly challenges, whatever the hell the spider cave was (not having a dig, genuinely don't know what to categorize it as, interactive radio show with a helping of batshit crazy awesomeness?)
    • Obsidian wrote:

Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down.

I still think they should just offer free drafts to get people to log back in and revitalize the game. Unless that income's the only thing keeping the lights on, something has to give to turn the game around.
      sadly I think it has gone past the point of turning around, just imagine that scene in Austin powers where he's trying to u-turn the baggage cart, that's where we are now
    • eddatog wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

Alternative: They don't want to shut down servers because then people can't continue playing, so they don't announce a server shutdown. They don't have funds to continue development, but at least they don't have to shut down.

sadly I think it has gone past the point of turning around, just imagine that scene in Austin powers where he's trying to u-turn the baggage cart, that's where we are now
      No, I think you're right. But I think Cory still has some sort of hope that if he just waits a year, he'll have saved enough money to release the next set, which will save Hex.
      If he had any other plan, sure he'd have shared something by now.
      Old username: Aradon | Collector backer | Starting a guild for Newbies -- "The Cerulean Acadamy" -- Taking applications once guilds are implemented
    • Obsidian wrote:

eddatog wrote:

Obsidian wrote:

No, I think you're right. But I think Cory still has some sort of hope that if he just waits a year, he'll have saved enough money to release the next set, which will save Hex.If he had any other plan, sure he'd have shared something by now.
      Cory has no plan. He abandon hex long ago. Try to find the last time he voluntarily talked about hex. It has been several months. He has moved on. The rest of us are just poking the dead body of hex waiting for a death certificate.
    • Plotynus wrote:

So... how was everyone's day? Let's use this space to catch up.
      Not bad at all. It's been a quiet day at work, we had pizza, and tomorrow I have a big stream planned. Should be a lot of fun. How about you?
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Hello my fellow last keepers of the fort. I hope everyone is good.
      Got back from work, cooked food and now it's Netflix time.
      Btw, I was thinking that we should at least have some news after the second cycle of Merry Melee makes its second rotation cycle.
      But I bet it will be again something about new sleeves and maybe a new Merry Melee mode.
      *Idea* We could organize between us something like faction wars or races wars. Could be fun.
      [Blocked Image: http://wardens.hexcompendium.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/cropped-wardens-of-entraht-logo-tranparent.png]The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!