Friday Update - Beep Boop

• Karot wrote:

Having Doombringer as the last set, with a new enemy called -Enders- literally killing off the cast and all going to hell, one must wonder, how long did they actually plan for a downfall?
      This actually hit me when I saw the latest anniversary sleeve of Cory being consumed by the Hex monster cake. It hit me with blinding clarity that Hex was dead and the devs had known it for longer than I would have guessed.

Currently I believe this eventuality was realized at the first financial quarter after the split with gameforge and subsequent fail cycle with whatever was supposed to happen with Sony.

And to the post of pushback I got on it being super obvious from day 0 (although I’m not sure this post wasn’t satire): when Cory made all the Kickstarter promises and stretch goals when he good and well knew the codebase and product he received from warhammer b-team (forgot the name of the original developer of Hex) was basically half-baked garbage and CZE had no ability, structure, or personnel to support game developement.... and yet he still created and rode this crazy hype train to the point of having to offer refunds in alpha, and then still rode it for years after... well that day 0 alpha realization that for all the hype and promises there was very little substance and even less honest and open communication has remained constant throughout the life of Hex. So yea, I think it was obvious from the very beginning of the game and constantly reinforced, but I will agree that at the time of the Kickstarter, Cory’s claim of years of existing development did make it seem like the promises were possible. Making the alpha reality even more of a day 0 red flag.
    • Dekroma wrote:

Karot wrote:

Having Doombringer as the last set, with a new enemy called -Enders- literally killing off the cast and all going to hell, one must wonder, how long did they actually plan for a downfall?
      This actually hit me when I saw the latest anniversary sleeve of Cory being consumed by the Hex monster cake. It hit me with blinding clarity that Hex was dead and the devs had known it for longer than I would have guessed.
      Currently I believe this eventuality was realized at the first financial quarter after the split with gameforge and subsequent fail cycle with whatever was supposed to happen with Sony.

And to the post of pushback I got on it being super obvious from day 0 (although I’m not sure this post wasn’t satire): when Cory made all the Kickstarter promises and stretch goals when he good and well knew the codebase and product he received from warhammer b-team (forgot the name of the original developer of Hex) was basically half-baked garbage and CZE had no ability, structure, or personnel to support game developement.... and yet he still created and rode this crazy hype train to the point of having to offer refunds in alpha, and then still rode it for years after... well that day 0 alpha realization that for all the hype and promises there was very little substance and even less honest and open communication has remained constant throughout the life of Hex. So yea, I think it was obvious from the very beginning of the game and constantly reinforced, but I will agree that at the time of the Kickstarter, Cory’s claim of years of existing development did make it seem like the promises were possible. Making the alpha reality even more of a day 0 red flag.
      Now that you mention the sleeve, there is a number down left...seems kinda odd... Any ideas?
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!