Can we pay for the artwork for set 10 to get it released?

• sindharin wrote:

I actually think the company could raise funds from amenable players right now.

I started playing hex towards just before the release of set 2 because I only heard about it then. I really regret not being able to do kickstarter and get a collectors tier with the nice AA's and other benefits. I would happily go for something like that right now. Maybe others would also.
      I feel like we're about six months late on them attempting a Kickstarter 2.0 and getting even 25% of what the first KS pulled in. They have burnt so many bridges with the community that few people are going to trust them and throw good money after bad. The idea of a 2nd KS has been floated numerous times, mostly in pursuit of some major feature that the community wants Now(tm) that was not a priority for HXE.
    • The few left that would donate a $100, $200, etc. still would not foot the bill for the collaboration and man hours it would take to get the cards into the servers for gameplay. They also would not be able to afford the artwork being on par and comparable to what they paid before this news.

How many more Fridays do we have to wait for until we know when the ghost ship will appear to deliver the treasure we have been waiting for... or the treasure we deserve?

Make up a $ number for a piece of art... lowball it if you have to, then multiply it by the standard number of cards in a set.. don’t even need to factor in AAs or PvE chest loot cards. The $ number per art would have to dip nearly into single digits to fund it on remaining player donations alone.
    • Frederik wrote:

They said the set was delayed due to art, they never said its not programmed.
      Of course they're not going to say that. That would be admitting to not having anyone working on Hex. But you can be sure that's the case lol
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.
    • Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

I think it's adorable that there's anyone left who believes the lie that the only thing stopping Set 10 from coming out is the lack of art.

It hasn't been coded, either. And there's nobody left TO code it, so it's never going to GET coded. The lack of art was just a less harmful cover story than the truth. Don't be fooled by corporate speak and obvious hype / lies.
      They said the set was delayed due to art, they never said its not programmed.Also they said it was fixed so hopefully this month or at least next month we will start to see spoilers
      Yeah, they said, exactly, "it's designed." Not "It's programmed." Those are two very different things. Words are important. I and others very easily picked up on the distinction. Even without that distinction, LOGIC still tells us pretty easily based on the, you know, zero employees thing, that it's not possible for them to have built it yet. Or ever. Because the game is dead. You seem to be one of the few people who still doesn't understand that. But feel free to keep denying it and arguing over it. It's absolutely precious.
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • If only papa Colin were here to pay for the art, why has he forsaken us?

I'm in the camp that paying for art is no longer the thing holding set 10 up. People would just be throwing their money down a well.

I really think there's only two outcomes at this point, they go under or they trick someone into buying the game. If someone buys it, they are going to have to wipe plat or make a third currency and remove plat as the "premium" currency. Or go completely free to play with selling cosmetics.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Katkilla ().

• Ossuary wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

I think it's adorable that there's anyone left who believes the lie that the only thing stopping Set 10 from coming out is the lack of art.

It hasn't been coded, either. And there's nobody left TO code it, so it's never going to GET coded. The lack of art was just a less harmful cover story than the truth. Don't be fooled by corporate speak and obvious hype / lies.
      They said the set was delayed due to art, they never said its not programmed.Also they said it was fixed so hopefully this month or at least next month we will start to see spoilers
      Yeah, they said, exactly, "it's designed." Not "It's programmed." Those are two very different things. Words are important. I and others very easily picked up on the distinction. Even without that distinction, LOGIC still tells us pretty easily based on the, you know, zero employees thing, that it's not possible for them to have built it yet. Or ever. Because the game is dead. You seem to be one of the few people who still doesn't understand that. But feel free to keep denying it and arguing over it. It's absolutely precious.
      Just wondering, where did you get the 0 employees from?
      Kinda curious how you got that number
    • Morshadoom wrote:

I would donate 100 $ too. Probably 200$.

100 as I still love this game, and 100 to shock the cry baby guys lurking and destroying this forum for months.
      Glad to see Hex attracted the right type of too.. customers.
      Be prepared to do the same for Sets 11, 12 etc though. Because we people did give them money for the set 10 art (it's called "planning ahead") and they spent it on prizes, siege, PS4 etc. How do you know that your 200$ will go towards what you think it will?
    • Vroengard wrote:

Morshadoom wrote:

I would donate 100 $ too. Probably 200$.

100 as I still love this game, and 100 to shock the cry baby guys lurking and destroying this forum for months.
      Glad to see Hex attracted the right type of too.. customers.Be prepared to do the same for Sets 11, 12 etc though. Because we people did give them money for the set 10 art (it's called "planning ahead") and they spent it on prizes, siege, PS4 etc. How do you know that your 200$ will go towards what you think it will?
      the only one morshadoom would shock with spending 200$ in this glory hole would be his bank account.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Just wondering, where did you get the 0 employees from?Kinda curious how you got that number
      Possibly the same place I did.

buzzfile.com/business/Hex-Entertainment,-LLC-949-385-6000

Number of employees: 2

I'm assuming that's just Cory and a janitor.
    • Dethington wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Just wondering, where did you get the 0 employees from?Kinda curious how you got that number
      Possibly the same place I did.
      buzzfile.com/business/Hex-Entertainment,-LLC-949-385-6000

Before spreading unconfirmed (and most likly wrong) information, you should better check your amazing source... there you see that from 2014 - 2016 the number of employees was 1... which is 100% rubbish of course
    • Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Have you learned nothing from the PvE thread? Is there any way I can convince you to not believe in every business statement literally in the world? Or that's a fool's errand?

--------------------------------------------------

Either way, I totally support you guys for donating more money to Hex Ent. Not because I am evil, nor do I believe they will deliver. But I think the best way for you all to see through Hex Ent's bullshit is to get into the bullshit again. It's like your beyotch of a BF/GF/husband/wife who cheated on you 3 times, and you decide to forgive him/her because he/she said "he/she is not going to do it again", only to do it the fourth times a few days later. You all want to give Hex Ent more chances, sure, go right ahead, I support thy.
    • Morshadoom wrote:

Dethington wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Frederik wrote:

Ossuary wrote:

Possibly the same place I did.buzzfile.com/business/Hex-Entertainment,-LLC-949-385-6000

Before spreading unconfirmed (and most likly wrong) information, you should better check your amazing source... there you see that from 2014 - 2016 the number of employees was 1... which is 100% rubbish of course
      If you have a better source, feel free to post it. Otherwise, I'm gonna trust A source more than, you know, no source.

EDIT: In fact, I'll even do the leg work for you.

linkedin.com/company/hex-digital-ltd/

There. Your random guess with nothing to back it up was correct. Congrats.

EDIT2: Actually, that's a different HEX upon closer inspection. So we're back to square one.

EDIT3: Oh look, here's another source that confirms 2 employees.

manta.com/c/mhxb5rf/hex-entertainment-llc
    • Nerojinous claimed there are zero employees for Hex I believe, that everyone moved on to something else. I don't really understand his relationship with Hex, if he's a scorned investor or what... so I don't know the reliability of his claim. Someone answered my ticket after like 70 days a week or so ago... so there's at least one person working for Hex :)
    • Katkilla wrote:

Nerojinous claimed there are zero employees for Hex I believe, that everyone moved on to something else. I don't really understand his relationship with Hex, if he's a scorned investor or what... so I don't know the reliability of his claim. Someone answered my ticket after like 70 days a week or so ago... so there's at least one person working for Hex :)
      there might be multiple persons working on hex, but 0 persons work for hex (the company).

all of the ppl who work on hex are most likely cze employes... that is also the only valid point why the game is still up and running.
      Austrian Kickstarter & Slacker Backer
      -=] Dont mess with the bull, you gonna get the horn [=-
    • Lets just be honest noone knows exactly how many employees there are working at hex.
      There wont be 50, far from but saying 1 or 2 is also impossible, especially since last years it said only 1...
      I would love to know the exact ammount of people working on hex though.
      But maybe some people should stop spreading incorrect numbers.
      Hex is in a bad spot as it is as they probably have financial issues, but spreading incorrect information isnt gonna solve those issues, it will only make it worse.
      I remember claiming they never listened to us and that they wherent even watching the forums. I was never so wrong as i got directly a response from one of the developers.
      Been thinking since than and no matter what we say/do we can never be 100% sure of what is all going down behind the curtain atm.
    • Nero was there in person and saw for himself. I am also in contact on a personal level with several former employees who have made mention of similar details (I don't know if you've encountered this piece of information before, but I used to be a tester for them so I know a lot of the former staff directly - I'm not talking out of my ass here, there are actual reasons I say the things I say).

Regarding the "support" "person," that's outsourced, he doesn't actually work for HexEnt and has never even seen the game as far as I can tell based on his responses to some tickets (which is why the support got so shitty after GameForge dropped them like a bad habit). You'll notice if you pay really close attention that when you file a support ticket, you're not even on a Hex website, it's a 3rd party company. A crappy one, at that. :P
      --ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well