Friday Update - Cake is Good

• Thank you for subcribing to Hex Tournament Facts.

Your hex tournament fact: When setting up the Arcanum Vault, there were two competing names as to what to call the series. The theme was that it was kid of like raiding a dungeon/chest/vault of goods and were fighting to get as much loot as you could. The two finalist names were Arcanum Vault (championed by Penta) and the Loot loot (championed by me). Ultimately, the tournament design and idea was Penta's and his preferences carried the day (there may have been a vote too), but I still long to use "loot loot" at some point.

Press 2 to unsubscribe to tournament facts.
    • Vroengard wrote:

@HEXCoryJones and @Dinotropia I feel the need to remind you that the next Friday updated, which will be on 07/09 (7th of September) will be 2 months and 1 day after the Friday Update - A Few Words.

Be very careful drafting and publishing that update, please. "Failure" (however one perceives it) to properly address it will result in severe consequences.
      Assuming they are even reading forums, this point seems very important. It's gonna look really bad (and it already looks really bad) if they have a cut and paste update next week.
    • so... basically you hinted your out of money, have nothing more to offer and will be shutting down servers in november roughly and will continue to pretend your hiding these with "carefully worded update announcements" further ruining your already bad reputation instead of admiting defeat.

On a positive note you finally put out a useful weekly update.
    • I learn more and am entertained by Zubrin's off-topic posts than Weekly Update. I would be a supporter of The Distractor bot.

As for the topic, I like how hopeful some of you are, I am not. Cutting off the VIP just seems like a generous offer to not waste anyone's money by now. I don't see the game surviving long enough for their plan B to be implemented.
    • Canceling the VIP is too little too late.It was obvious it's bad and was suggested in the forums how to fix it.It was ignored.

We got the normal tournament summery and ladder update without survey.Since we got no set 10 spoiler it's probable it won't be released next week or next month.
      Hex ent don't have the money to pay for art,or tournament cash prizes,and at this point probably programming and bug fixing.

And they keep not talking and ignoring the situation.Please close down the servers or sell it to someone who can make competent games and has enough resources.
      The potential for revolutionary MMOTCG is still there, it's a huge squandering of it.Hex ent had a chance after releasing AZ2 and they failed by focusing on hard core PVP.
      Stop it please.Sell the game or just close the the servers.

One thing I learnt from it is never touch MMO,only play single player games.Thank you for that.

I would make dinobot jokes but I'm not even in the mood for it now.At least next week it's 2 months and it was said you hoped not to delay set 10 by more then 2 months.
      I suspect some explanations would be necessary.

Hex was supposed to be revolutionary MMOTCG,the lore,art and ideas were brilliant.It should of been at millions of players and bigger than MTG,making millions of dollars each months and entertaining and bringing fun to people.The vision that people wanted was abandoned for hard core PVP despite multiple red flags and warnings.
      There's nothing I want more than to use lots of **** words to explain more clearly what I think about Hex ent and the situation but it will most likely get me banned and I
      prefer to save it for next week.

You killed what should have been the greatest computer TCG ever,destroyed the most positive and supportive game community ever.I doubt I could have reach worst outcome for Hex if I planned it.

At least next week should be interesting.
    • Vroengard wrote:

@HEXCoryJones and @Dinotropia I feel the need to remind you that the next Friday updated, which will be on 07/09 (7th of September) will be 2 months and 1 day after the Friday Update - A Few Words.

Be very careful drafting and publishing that update, please. "Failure" (however one perceives it) to properly address it will result in severe consequences.
      oh wow I missed that update. So now not only is PVE dead, PVP is dying.
      Guess Hex won't see the light of day in 2019.
    • GobBluth wrote:

I doubt Cory knows the Hex servers are still online.
      Might be some truth to this. He hasn't been on the forums since June 24th.

Onto the Friday update, holy shite an actual update. No more VIP. No update on set 10 signals to me the game is dead. Probably some legal obligation preventing the intern from reminding Cory to pull the plug on the servers.

Cory is probably busy trying to figure out how to scrub himself from any mention of Hex.
    • RoyG wrote:

Canceling the VIP is too little too late.It was obvious it's bad and was suggested in the forums how to fix it.It was ignored.
      Imagine if they had actually listened to the players years ago when they said VIP wasn't worth it. Had they acted and updated VIP to make it enticing, they might not be in the financial predicament they are in now.
    • So... Anyone want to take any guessing on when we'll be rounding the corner to the "Burn the house down to collect the insurance money" stage of development? Because at this point, with them actively driving away the player base, i can see a "mysterious and spontaneous" fire breaking out in Hex HQ soon.
    • SargonVito wrote:

I think it's a bit risky, but is it possible to create a fund to pay off debts between us players?
      What would that solve though?

For example, say your brother is a dick and a horrible driver and he hit someone's car. Sure, you can help him pay the car owner he hit, but that doesn't change your brother at all. I see paying their debt for them the same way. This is also the same reason I am on the "don't throw money to this game" side, because I think giving them money is just not worth it because of their attitude. Even worst, by giving them money, you are encouraging them to stay that way, and staying that way is how this game is at its current state right now.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Goliathus ().

• What I can understand from their latest moves, is that they have some kind of salvation plan.
      I do not mind them putting the game into the freezer for some time, without releasing any serious amount of content, but taking turtle-slow step fixing or improving what already exists, if this strategy will keep the game alive till the point the Hex engine will be able to work again.
      Yes, I want new content like everybody.
      But I know it is not possible right now.
      So from my point of view, since we are already in a difficult spot, it is better to have Hex as it is l, than not having Hex at all.
      What I mean is that there is enough content for me enjoy atm.
      There is a lot of unexplored ground.
      There are still tons of decks to be discovered in Siege, FRA and AZ, I still have characters to slowly level up.
      In PvP I still get to enjoy Herofall and Scars of War. I still have time to complete missing pieces in my collection.
      Yes, game may shut down, I may lose it all, I know.
      But I do not see the money I have put into Hex as some kind of future investment.
      I mean of course I invest to have a collection through the years but I am not expecting to take my money back.
      I am a gamer/collector, not a businessman. And card games are a luxury. It is the same as buying action figures. I may put tons of money to have every figure and my house may get burned down or swallowed by an earthquake. Game may shut down. Same result.
      My point is that we should see the money we put into Hex not as a stock market, but as the money that we spend for our free time. It is exactly the same as going out to a restaurant, going to the cinema or to a club and buying bottles. You spend them to have fun at that exact moment.
      The time Hex was a stock market, whether we like it or not is over and we have to adapt.
      Cause as I said before, even as it is now, is better than no Hex at all. It is still the best product around. And who knows? Maybe one day... As long it is still up, hopes are still up...
      The Wardens of Entrath is a large, open to public community of Hex enthusiasts with a mission to help and support Hex players and content creators alike!

Find us on our Discord server or website!
    • Vroengard wrote:

AxelDWater wrote:

What I can understand from their latest moves, is that they have some kind of salvation plan.
      Please expand on that, because you're the first person to claim so.
      I too tend to believe they have a plan, because they did not do the most obvious cashgrab on their way out: devaluing players collections. They could for example set the card price ceiling at 5 times the price floor and to sell cards directly at this ceiling price. That would be a huge boon for new players and a short term boost.

On the other hand, a successful rescue would take a remarkable competency. I would be shocked if HxE could do it.
    • They had a rescue plan. It was as ridiculous as the rest of their plans over the past 12 months. The plan was: do fucking nothing, and people still pay a bunch of money anyway.

Shockingly, this brilliant strategy was flawed in minor, impossible to predict ways. ;)

--ossuary

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
      - Shakespeare, All's Well That Ends Well
    • Either they have no plan, or they have an awful plan that involves lying to and ignoring your playerbase for months on end, sabotaging whatever plan you might've otherwise had...

Those are the only options lol
      Gamer. Streamer. Photographer. Writer. Anime Lover. Possessor of Stuffed Animals.

Also... I'm terrible at this game.